Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    However and whenever HP/Palm start marketing the Pre 2, I hope they make sure to point out that mighty RIM thought enough of their nearly 1 1/2 old design to completely rip it off for the Blackberry Torch.
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    However and whenever HP/Palm start marketing the Pre 2, I hope they make sure to point out that mighty RIM thought enough of their nearly 1 1/2 old design to completely rip it off for the Blackberry Torch.
    I honestly believe that the Palm Pre 2 is exactly the same as the Blackberry Torch. Meaning, the Pre 2 is an Amuse-bouche -- merely there to wet our hunger for new webOS until we get the real thing. Thats not to say thats a bad thing, the Pre didn't sale well. The Pre 2 -- if launched on all carriers -- could roll the red carpet for "The year of WebOS" and get the majority of folks wanting a WebOS device.
    I personally just hope they market it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by astraith View Post
    the Pre 2 is an Amuse-bouche -- merely there to wet our hunger for new webOS until we get the real thing. Thats not to say thats a bad thing, the Pre didn't sale well. The Pre 2 -- if launched on all carriers -- could roll the red carpet for "The year of WebOS" and get the majority of folks wanting a WebOS device.
    exactly my thoughts on Pre 2. ignore the naysayers.
    I also hope that HPalm will Markets the Pre 2 and not just put it out there and let the carriers promote the device.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    Just take the ads fans made for pre and show a pre2 at the end. Cost you nothin HP, do it.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    but the carriers did such a good job promoting the first-gen Pre....

Honestly I dont think it should even be the carriers job to promote the devices.

I think they should make an ad that pokes fun at how everyone keeps copying their ideas, and how much it sucks to be the first ones at everything.

Like have a classroom of kids and the smartest kid is named "Palm" and have all the other kids cheating off his test papers.

And the teacher be like:

Teacher: "Blackberry, I TOLD YOU to stop cheating off of Palm!!"

Blackberry Kid: "But I couldnt figure out how to multitask!......"

iPhone Kid whispers to Android Kid: "Man, did you see his answer for Notifications?? why didnt we think of that??"

Windows Phone 7 Kid: "Dont look at me, I dont even know how to copy and paste"
    Just no more creepy ladies and it might be alright
    very funny RMAUSSER
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post

Honestly I dont think it should even be the carriers job to promote the devices.

I think they should make an ad that pokes fun at how everyone keeps copying their ideas, and how much it sucks to be the first ones at everything.

Like have a classroom of kids and the smartest kid is named "Palm" and have all the other kids cheating off his test papers.

And the teacher be like:

iPhone Kid whispers to Android Kid: "Man, did you see his answer for Notifications?? why didnt we think of that??"

jajaja!
  11. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Palm went back in time and invented the HTC angel in 2005? really?

Maybe the adverts could be:

Remember that phone you passed on the last time? Well it's back!
    If their plan is to remove the Palm brand next year, you can bet they're not going to promote the device.
    Newness Developments apps:

13. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post
    If their plan is to remove the Palm brand next year, you can bet they're not going to promote the device.
    I haven't heard that? Is everything going to be branded HP?
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsetter883 View Post
    exactly my thoughts on Pre 2. ignore the naysayers.

Quote Originally Posted by not-yet-pre View Post
    I also hope that HPalm will Markets the Pre 2 and not just put it out there and let the carriers promote the device.
    I bet the carriers will do some advertising for the device. But HPalm needs to push it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post

And the teacher be like:

LOL Like the iMac and Windows ad's! Someone could make a Youtube video like that.

Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post
    That wouldn't be a good move. Not the removing the Palm brand, but not promoting a device. If the device that "launches" WebOS 2.0 is received with little fan fare and doesn't do well, would the carriers even care (or anyone) about the HP phones next year? They need people to be excited and they need the WebOS fan base to be excited, as well. I would expect some sort of ad being pushed from HP. At least two.
    What is there to market at this point? The Pre 2 is currently following the same trajectory as the Blackberry Storm 2 - a nigh-identical followup to an unsuccessful launch product that soured the carriers trying to sell it.

Your marketing can't acknowledge that it's a patch on the flaws of the Pre one. And it can't leverage apps, or HD video, or some amazing screen. Palm and Sprint already released multiple commercials showing Cards multitasking. Maybe they could actually show it in closeup and explain what's going on. Or maybe they could go the humorous route like Microsoft's 'REALLY?" commercials.

But as far as what we've seen thus far, there's not a lot to leverage about the device itself.
    maybe release pres in more colors?
    Hmmm... upset because you think someone copied the Pre? You don't feel the Pre is a little derivative of the iPhone (in so many ways). The hight of irony.

Go ahead, my friend. Make that ad. People will laugh... at Palm. Might want to just let this one go.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    doubt there will be much of a marketing champaign for the Pre2... it's just a spec bump. I think marketing for webOS will come later, when they have something worthy(PalmPad and Roadrunner HD) to put marketing $$ behind.
  19.    #19  
    Why can't they market the HECK out of the Pre 2? The fact is, marketing for the Pre and Pre Plus was a disaster. Most Americans still don't own smartphones and the vast majority of Americans have no idea the Pre/Plus even exists. Marketing might fall on dead ears for those who are really plugged into the smartphone pipeline, but the fact is that the Pre is a virtual unknown to a lot of people (both those who do and don't own smartphones already).
    Why can't they market the HECK out of the Pre 2? The fact is, marketing for the Pre and Pre Plus was a disaster. Most Americans still don't own smartphones and the vast majority of Americans have no idea the Pre/Plus even exists. Marketing might fall on dead ears for those who are really plugged into the smartphone pipeline, but the fact is that the Pre is a virtual unknown to a lot of people (both those who do and don't own smartphones already).
    How many products fail to impress their core audience, but are a huge success with people unfamiliar with that type of product?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast