1.    #1  
    came across a great in-depth article at Phone Arena regarding the difference between Super AMOLED vs IPS-LCD technologies for smartphone screens.

it got me wondering which technology palm will use for their next generation phone. anybody know which one they will choose? do you have any preferences? i like to read books on the palm pre, so i would prefer a IPS-LCD screen.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 10/14/2010 at 08:38 PM. Reason: updated title
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    IPS-lcd is my choice. AMOLED isn't quite as sharp or legible in sunlight, and the pre's LCD is saturated enough.

[i]-- Sent from my Palm PrPrPr
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    I am a fan of AMOLED, but after reading the article, I have to admit I'm better off with LCD for now. I'm constantly on the web with my Pre.
    Visor/Sprint Springboard Expansion Module > Visor Platinum > Tungsten E > Centro (work) > Palm Pre
    There is no objective, professionally supervised test where the iPhone screen has failed to be the overall winner in screen comparisons. Also, AMOLED is expensive and hard to come by, even for the company that makes them. I would definitely go with LCD.
    Super Amoled would mean, Palm will run shortage of phones as they are not enough in Market. Only Samsung have them on 5 million phones and No one else.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    There is no objective, professionally supervised test where the iPhone screen has failed to be the overall winner in screen comparisons. Also, AMOLED is expensive and hard to come by, even for the company that makes them. I would definitely go with LCD.
    That only partially has something to do with Super TFT/IPS technology used on the iPhone. It also has to do with the fact that Apple packs a higher resolution into a smaller screen at the highest color depth. That gives it an edge, just as the Pre screen was far more vivid than all previous iPhones due to its pixel density.

The screen itself is just half the battle. The resolution, color depth, and color temperature your chipset provides is the other half. Personally, I find the Galaxy S screens with the Voodoo color correction fix (gets rid of the blue-ish hue) to be the best on the market.