1.    #1  
    I was wondering today if the Palm Pre 2 was in the works from Palm before HP came along or after when HP bought them. What do you guys think??
    pretty sure that Palm hadn't even thought about developing another phone after the Pre+, so I'm gonna say "after" for sure.

Oh, I know what you are thinking. I was totally shocked that Palm hadn't thought of developing a follow up to the Pre. If it weren't for HP, they would still be sitting around with nothing to do!
    Def before because they said several times that they were working on a new device before and during the hp buyout

[i]-- Sent from my Palm PrPrPr
    I plan on becoming an active member of this forum time to start posting
    My guess would be before, that's why it is called the Palm Pre 2, and not the HP Pre 2 (or some other name).

I think Palm already had contracts in place for it's manufacture therefore they had to continue through to market and not lose a ton of money.

Also, I think HP doesn't want their name branded on it in case it is a huge flop (which it will be) they have plausible deniability to say "it's not our phone".
    I'll venture a guess before. I think this is residual R & D from Palm, pretty much as far as they got before they decided to sell or get bought or whatever. I think since the aquisition, we may have seen a lull before the storm. HP packs some punch, some deNiros, call it optimism, wishful thinking, whatever. But we can all agree that in order for this to succeed, something drastic needs to happen to make a bigger impact. Here's to hoping it will.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    I'm going to go with before.

Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    I agree that this is probably a relic of pre-aquisition (har har) palm.

8.    #8  
    Yea I was leaning with before also, you would think anything coming from HP and the bankroll that they have it would be a lot sexier than the Palm Pre 2.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    They are more concerned with releasing the PalmPad or PrePad or WebOSPad or whatever they are going to call it.
    My Palm Pre Gets Its Wallpaper From SmartPhone Wallpaper
    before because as you see now hp puts there name on everything that's there's and no mention of hp anywhere on the device
    definitely before. That phone should have probably come out last june but didn't because of the buyout and probably some last minute changes.
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    You guys realize you are responding to a 3 month old thread, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    My guess would be before, that's why it is called the Palm Pre 2, and not the HP Pre 2 (or some other name).

I think Palm already had contracts in place for it's manufacture therefore they had to continue through to market and not lose a ton of money.

Also, I think HP doesn't want their name branded on it in case it is a huge flop (which it will be) they have plausible deniability to say "it's not our phone".

My guess is to before the buyout.

Quote Originally Posted by santos View Post
    You guys realize you are responding to a 3 month old thread, right?
    Well now I do LOL.
    I think it has already been confirmed here that it was BEFORE the HP buyout. The roadmap for tech companies usually goes out a few years (though it will change). With Palm's struggles last spring, assume things got delayed, then once they were bought by HP, assume another delay. You have to assume that most of the phones that come out this spring from HPalm were actually pretty much based on designs created before Palm was swallowed.
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    Quote Originally Posted by krisnicaj View Post
    I was wondering today if the Palm Pre 2 was in the works from Palm before HP came along or after when HP bought them. What do you guys think??
    I think only people internal to HP or Palm know the truth. Everything else is just a guess.