Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Community:
    Please stop saying you are going to leave your Pre/Pixi!!!
    You won't, You can't.
    No other phone has the ease of use as Webos. Webos2 is coming shortly. No other phone has a community like ours. No other phone is as open to homebrew.
    How are you going to charge your device if you leave? By usb? We all have 2+ touchstones and I cant imagine charging any other way. RELAX, BE RATIONAL.
    Good things come to those who wait!
    Last edited by stu5797; 10/14/2010 at 05:44 PM. Reason: <<Thread Moved>>
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    I was hoping to see the post read only the words, "And just do it already or shut up about it."

I was disappointed.
    Ok I am absolutely tired of every single Palm user claiming that all we need to do is wait and that everything will be better, or better yet that we are wrong to claim that HP/Palm has failed in anyway. There is no point in waiting anymore as the phone has become dated (even with overclocking) and the support from developers is all essentially gone. WP7, iOS, and Android all show more signs of life than WebOS ever has during its entire existence so far.

I am not tied to a single company because of the claim that no other phone has the ease of use as WebOS when in reality most phones are becoming easier to use than WebOS. iOS has for all practical purposes multitasking on a modern phone with a much better App store. Android is coming out with amazing hardware despite its somewhat lagging software, and then there is WP7 too. The developer support for WP7 is pretty much already exceeding whatever WebOS has (although I do appreciate all the WebOS devs that are still here). An unreleased OS already has apps that one that has been on the market for more than a year does not. On top of that a lot of people are proclaiming that WP7 is by far the easiest platform to develop for. Face it WebOS isn't going anywhere anytime soon, and the release of a slightly updated Pre is not going to do anything to change that. People are going to leave their Pre/Pixi because the company they supported has failed to move on like the rest of the competition.

So yes, I will be leaving my Pre/Pixi and as will many others.
    Honestly I don't see as many posts about people leaving now versus when Palm's future was up in the air (Before HP Buyout). I think people are finicky in this market. As soon as Palm/HP shows something compelling and innovative those same people will be back.

There are a few things that Android and iOS have that compel me to leave WebOS but the core of WebOS is better then either of those. I also have faith that WebOS 2.0 will push Palm back into the spotlight.
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    Community:
    No other phone has the ease of use as Webos.
    No other phone has a community like ours.
    No other phone is as open to homebrew.
    The iPhone has similar ease of use.
    Maemo has as much community, and it's a rather similar community at that (the majority of threads are 'when is the next update' 'nokia has abandoned us' and 'why I'm leaving this phone') and is by most standards, far, far opener. The phone comes with the community repositories installed and ready for use.
    But all three? You could be right there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    I was hoping to see the post read only the words, "And just do it already or shut up about it."

I was disappointed.
    +1

I don't mind if they decide to wait, or if they decide to go. What I mind is all the whining and threatening to leave with no action. And when they do, they keep coming back to troll and express their bitterness.

it's a phone, not a spouse!
    Community: xda-developers far surpasses any community that Pre users have been able to muster up. Yes its mean, but it is the truth.

Openness: Android...?
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by ctbeiser View Post
    The iPhone has similar ease of use.
    Maemo has as much community, and it's a rather similar community at that (the majority of threads are 'when is the next update' 'nokia has abandoned us' and 'why I'm leaving this phone') and is by most standards, far, far opener. The phone comes with the community repositories installed and ready for use.
    But all three? You could be right there.
    YOU FORGOT ABOUT THE TOUCHSTONE. This technology is light years ahead of everyone else. I cant imagine trying to plug in a usb every time I want to charge a phone.
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    Quote Originally Posted by aurrun View Post
    Community: xda-developers far surpasses any community that Pre users have been able to muster up. Yes its mean, but it is the truth.

Openness: Android...?
    Openness: Android...

http://forums.precentral.net/other-h...ht=HTC+Android

Open!
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...

...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    YOU FORGOT ABOUT THE TOUCHSTONE. This technology is light years ahead of everyone else. I cant imagine trying to plug in a usb every time I want to charge a phone.
    Actually there are some 3rd-party accessory makes that make similar devices and attachments.
  11.    #11  
    Not the same. Did you check the price... did you bother to look at how long it takes those other device to charge the phone. Can you put it in your car easily.
    Ok I am absolutely tired of every single Palm user claiming that all we need to do is wait and that everything will be better, or better yet that we are wrong to claim that HP/Palm has failed in anyway. There is no point in waiting anymore as the phone has become dated (even with overclocking) and the support from developers is all essentially gone. WP7, iOS, and Android all show more signs of life than WebOS ever has during its entire existence so far.

I am not tied to a single company because of the claim that no other phone has the ease of use as WebOS when in reality most phones are becoming easier to use than WebOS. iOS has for all practical purposes multitasking on a modern phone with a much better App store. Android is coming out with amazing hardware despite its somewhat lagging software, and then there is WP7 too. The developer support for WP7 is pretty much already exceeding whatever WebOS has (although I do appreciate all the WebOS devs that are still here). An unreleased OS already has apps that one that has been on the market for more than a year does not. On top of that a lot of people are proclaiming that WP7 is by far the easiest platform to develop for. Face it WebOS isn't going anywhere anytime soon, and the release of a slightly updated Pre is not going to do anything to change that. People are going to leave their Pre/Pixi because the company they supported has failed to move on like the rest of the competition.

So yes, I will be leaving my Pre/Pixi and as will many others.
    I know, webOS sucks BAAAAD and is a total and utter failure in every way, shape and form.

But here's the thing - those of us who feel different get tired of those of you that hate it rubbing it in our faces all of the damn time, and on a Palm forum no less. Sure, you want to vent your disappointment, but see, it's like going to catholiccentral.com and posting long-winded rants about how illogical christianity is, about how much evil organized religion has wrought, and about how creepy the pope is. And, like yours, those are all valid points.

So in the name of all of us - please just shut up, say bye in the appropriate thread, ebay your phone to someone who'll like it better, and be off to greener pastures. Nobody is gonna be angry about you joining Apple or Android - but some may get huffy after reading for the n-th time how delusional they supposedly are just for liking an operating system that's not fashionable at the moment.
    Actually there are some 3rd-party accessory makes that make similar devices and attachments.
    They cost a hundred bucks, they way a ton, they make the phone bigger, and they interfere with reception. Other than that... you have a valid point.
  14.    #14  
    He is not going anywhere. Thats the funny part. He spends time on this forum because he loves webos and his phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    I know, webOS sucks BAAAAD and is a total and utter failure in every way, shape and form.

But here's the thing - those of us who feel different get tired of those of you that hate it rubbing it in our faces all of the damn time, and on a Palm forum no less. Sure, you want to vent your disappointment, but see, it's like going to catholiccentral.com and posting long-winded rants about how illogical christianity is, about how much evil organized religion has wrought, and about how creepy the pope is. And, like yours, those are all valid points.

So in the name of all of us - please just shut up, say bye in the appropriate thread, ebay your phone to someone who'll like it better, and be off to greener pastures. Nobody is gonna be angry about you joining Apple or Android - but some may get huffy after reading for the n-th time how delusional they supposedly are just for liking an operating system that's not fashionable at the moment.
    How about you take a look at my posting history you will see I have never stated that I was going to leave ever, except for in a thread related to it (this one). It is just that everyone here is screams when others state something that goes against what they want to believe. And yes I do spend time on this forum because I still do own a Pre. What does that even mean? That I can't go anywhere and because I love WebOS so much I have to stay? What the hell is wrong with everyone here that you are all so defensive about a dying platform.
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    They cost a hundred bucks, they way a ton, they make the phone bigger, and they interfere with reception. Other than that... you have a valid point.
    Powermat sells a whole 3G(s) kit for $50 and it doesn't look that big.
    Powermats sells a whole kit for $50 and it doesn't look that big.
    They must have dropped the price. I know several people who have them, and it is like adding a case to the phone with a big block on the back about the size of a package of sticky notes. At least that's what I've actually seen in person.
    How about you take a look at my posting history you will see I have never stated that I was going to leave ever, except for in a thread related to it (this one). It is just that everyone here is screams when others state something that goes against what they want to believe. And yes I do spend time on this forum because I still do own a Pre. What does that even mean? That I can't go anywhere and because I love WebOS so much I have to stay? What the hell is wrong with everyone here that you are all so defensive about a dying platform.
    If you read my post again, I said this isn't about you personally - you just said you're sick of people defending this "dying platform". I said I'm sick of people ragging on it all the time. And since this is a thread about people posting about their leaving, I included that.

<edit> oops, didn't say it wasn't personal after all... Well, it isn't :P
    But there is a very good reason to rag on it. It is because it is dying. Look at how much developer support there is for it anymore... almost none. When asked most developers state that they are not going to support a platform that most people consider to be irrelevant. Sure it might have great multitasking but that is about all it has anymore (although it is very nice). But that alone will not keep 90% of users here and it deserves whatever criticism it gets.
    But there is a very good reason to rag on it. It is because it is dying. Look at how much developer support there is for it anymore... almost none. When asked most developers state that they are not going to support a platform that most people consider to be irrelevant. Sure it might have great multitasking but that is about all it has anymore (although it is very nice). But that alone will not keep 90% of users here and it deserves whatever criticism it gets.
    Sorry to sound harsh, but if you're going to make such ridiculous, ungeneralized and factless claims like that dribble about the lack of developer support, I'm going to tell you succinctly to shut up. You have no idea what you're saying, as the app catalog is increasing in size a lot every day. Sorry, but you're just... wrong.

How about you leave?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast