Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    verizon would be the deal breaker for me. I've had sprint over 12 years and I like their plans and yes.. Customer service. I'm due nov 1st and this small screen is really pusking the limits of my eyes. I love webos sooo much. Some hard decisions coming up. Deal with a crommy os for a year and hope sprint and palm make nice.. Even the pre2 has a small screen.. Oh.. Why can't I be like 90% of the people and don't care about os's...
    Quote Originally Posted by Balzak View Post
    verizon would be the deal breaker for me. I've had sprint over 12 years and I like their plans and yes.. Customer service. I'm due nov 1st and this small screen is really pusking the limits of my eyes. I love webos sooo much. Some hard decisions coming up. Deal with a crommy os for a year and hope sprint and palm make nice.. Even the pre2 has a small screen.. Oh.. Why can't I be like 90% of the people and don't care about os's...
    I highly doubt sprint will abandon a new smartphone_ regardless of what it is
    Why bring the Pre 2 to Vzn when they already have it with the Pre plus? Pre 2 is the same with minor changes like a flat screen. why not give it to Sprint so us original Pre owners can update to a faster phone with more memory.

does HP/Palm really thing Vzn will do a better job promoting this Pre compaired to the effort they put into the Pre plus? my family is on Vzn and when i asked them about the Pre plus, they kept saying no you dont want that cra ppy phone, get a droid.

most of all does Palm think people on Vzn will buy a Pre 2 when they can get a Pre plus for free
    I think the Sprint Users are over reacting a bit - This is the first news that we have had that the Pre 2 was coming to any US carrier. It is yet to be seen if the phone will be available on all US carriers.
    On another point - I wonder if Verizon has had time to break the GPS in the Pre 2?
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    1. Folks please stop killing yourselves over LEAKS when it comes to who gets what.

2. Did VZ or HP/Palm announce the Pre 2 will ONLY be on VZ ( I hope not). Therefore you nor me know if the same info exist in Sprint or AT&T's log unless we get a leak, or confirmation from more than a store rep. We shall know in due time.
    I am on Sprint and have a Palm Pre.

Here's where I stand:
    1) Carrier: Sprint's plans can't be beat, I have the EPRP ($59.99 + tax/mo), would hate to leave.
    2) OS: I like webos more than android. Unfortunately, they are lagging behind in because a) they've only had 2 models that are outshined in hardware by android devices from every manufacturer on earth ; and b) small penetration means developers will lag in creating the "must-have" apps for webos (skype, netflix, flash). Lack of apps makes the phone less appealing
    3) Phone: I don't care if Palm comes out with a Pre2 first before a flagship device comes out. Palm just needs to come out with updated models, across all carriers, fast. A flagship is great but there's a large group of people who may be upgrading from dumbphones or don't want a $10 4G surcharge and would love a fast, snappy, better version of the Pre now.

Just get more webos phones in people's hands, across all carriers. Apps will follow, webos penetration will grow. Isn't that android's recipe for success?
    I'm surprised so many people want the pre 2. It looks nice and I'm sure it will be fast but it's kind of a let down on either carrier. I'll be back to web os in 6 months to a year hopefully. When they release a new phone.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Verizon is getting the iPad on the 28th. Obviously they are offering the manufactures more lucrative agreements than the competition. Haven't kept up with it but is Sprint still losing customers?
    My Palm Pre Gets Its Wallpaper From SmartPhone Wallpaper
    I think a lot has to do with people who already have a pre / pixi (whether + or sprint early adopters). They want something better, don't want to leave. If there's an upgrade, even if it's partial, it'll help hang on until an all-new device comes out.

Imagine the ones who purchased a ton of apps at the palm store, they have an even bigger reason to hope for an upgraded device, whether it's just the stopgap pre2 or an all new.

Now, if we could "port" our apps and palm profile over to android, or even port webos to an android device, no one will even care if hp comes out with an updated webos phone.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234