Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    us sprint users are probably palms biggest supporters, and how does palm repay us, by giving verizon the pre 2... I will be getting an epic. See ya all on android central.
    Sense of entitlement FTL.
    Quote Originally Posted by stung View Post
    Sense of entitlement FTL.
    +1
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    then why would Verizon, who had seemed to never even wanted the Plus version be carring a new version? As well as right now Android is their cash machine, and they still have so much overstock of a device they never intended on pushing?

Gentleman, their (HP and Verizon) world does not revolve around Palm Pre's....Just in case you have not noticed, Verizon is launching the HP DM1 exclusively.....Verizon's whole enterprise hardware is made by HP....believe me, if HP wants Verizon to add the PRE2 to their lineup they will....Besides this time around advertising will be handled by HP and NOT the carriers.
    us sprint users are probably palms biggest supporters, and how does palm repay us, by giving verizon the pre 2... I will be getting an epic. See ya all on android central.

"Wow" can't believe this is coming from hatchettjack the most diehard Webos defender on this site.

Already there since 4 Jun, glad I didn't wait.
    kinster, I hope you are on android central, so you can help me out with android. You seem to know all the ins and outs. I will be the one yelling HELP, MY EPIC IS BRICKED. Lol
    Would if I could but I don't own an Epic I have the Evo...but there are lots of former and current Pre owners that have the Epic to assist you in your time of need.

I would wait for some official word before making any moves because after all this is suppose to be a rumor.
    Last edited by kinster02; 10/14/2010 at 09:37 PM.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Well if this all works out to be true and it's exclusive to verizon. I'm very happy for the pre faithful on verizon, hats off to you all! However, I'm sure this will spell the end of webOS in the US at least. That sucks cause we all know verizon is trying to kill webOS off. Hopefully the rest of the world can carry webOS. I'd rather have a pre, but I guess the epic is going to end up crammed in my pocket after all. Oh well, I'll still be rooting for webOS on the sidelines.......LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    kinster, I hope you are on android central, so you can help me out with android. You seem to know all the ins and outs. I will be the one yelling HELP, MY EPIC IS BRICKED. Lol
    Don't do it. I hear Android is "clunky."
    If they really are going to go this way, let's hope HP can then use it's muscle to support it. Get the vzw reps properly trained and incentivised; put out at least some kind of decent advertising; maybe subsidize sales? It's one thing to put the hardware on the display racks and websites; it's another thing to actually get it sold. Maybe it won't be worth going totally overboard and all, but it would be a nice practice run for the upcoming super phones; maybe rent some space in peoples head about the potential for WebOS.
    Yeah its pretty funny , you see alot of the palm die hard defenders ( i was one) at Android Central. some have the same names and some you know who they are.

Quote Originally Posted by kinster02 View Post
    "Wow" can't believe this is coming from hatchettjack the most diehard Webos defender on this site.

Already there since 4 Jun, glad I didn't wait.
    Not clunky anymore. Windows 7 and Android have really changed since the clunky days , granted its not as refined as Iphone or Webos but with Gingerbread sue out early next year ( created by the same dude who developed the Ui for WRBOS ) it supposed to be the best UI so far . very user friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    Don't do it. I hear Android is "clunky."
    I'm on sprint and I'm going to the epic if sprint doesn't get something new...

epic here I come... Thanks for nothing palm!
    im surprised lol
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    im surprised lol
    Webos or Bust!
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    Webos or Bust!
    lol your opinion
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

lol your opinion
    Yes Maam!
    Quote Originally Posted by omniwolf1 View Post
    If Verizon never wanted the Pre Plus then why did they sell and continue to sell it?

Second, wasn't it Sprint who chose NOT to carry the Plus? AT&T and Verizon opted to carry the pre plus so why wouldn't Palm want Sprint to also carry the phone?

I think people are directing their anger towards Palm, Verizon, and everyone else except for Sprint who is responsible for the strained relationship with Palm.

first of all unless you have some sort of confermation anywhere, that says Sprint rejected the plus please provide me that information......second Verizon shot themselves in the foot, for not marketing the devices correctly, not training the sales reps on how to use the phone, and still pushing android over the phone (which was logical because the droid was selling). For the record for the most part a carrier is not going to turn down a device, unless it has a device of that kind in their inventory or getting it (ala sprint dening the nexus one, due to getting the EVO). Otherwise again provide me with a device, that dosent fit that catagory above, that was rejected by a carrier?
    Yes Maam!
    lol btw im a guy, anyways i got an evo and have never looked back to webOS, don't even miss it so everyone has their own opinion lol
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

lol btw im a guy, anyways i got an evo and have never looked back to webOS, don't even miss it so everyone has their own opinion lol
    Lol.. No worries... I always use Yes Maam regardless

I sell all the os's and have played with them all, and I always come back to webos as my fav.

I just hate when someone feels it's their job to hate what I like bc they want to feel superior.

(that wasn't directed at you btw)

To each his own. I don't force webos on anyone, I actually put all my customers with the phones they need (not always what they thought they needed or wanted) and I don't ever have any returns or complaints.

I show the benefits of each os I feel they need and let them decide. They don't like it? Return it. No restocking fee , just the phone box and manuals within 30 days.

So to all jumping to the droid army.. Go ahead. You may be back, You may not. Either way... It's all good
    Lol.. No worries... I always use Yes Maam regardless

I sell all the os's and have played with them all, and I always come back to webos as my fav.

I just hate when someone feels it's their job to hate what I like bc they want to feel superior.

(that wasn't directed at you btw)

To each his own. I don't force webos on anyone, I actually put all my customers with the phones they need (not always what they thought they needed or wanted) and I don't ever have any returns or complaints.

I show the benefits of each os I feel they need and let them decide. They don't like it? Return it. No restocking fee , just the phone box and manuals within 30 days.

So to all jumping to the droid army.. Go ahead. You may be back, You may not. Either way... It's all good
    i understand, i was a die hard webos fan and was very hardheaded and didnt want to switch to the evo, but a friend of mine convinced me and ive been loving my evo ever since, theres is no comparison for me which phone is better, by far the evo is the king
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

i understand, i was a die hard webos fan and was very hardheaded and didnt want to switch to the evo, but a friend of mine convinced me and ive been loving my evo ever since, theres is no comparison for me which phone is better, by far the evo is the king
    Quote Originally Posted by omniwolf1 View Post
    If Verizon never wanted the Pre Plus then why did they sell and continue to sell it?

Second, wasn't it Sprint who chose NOT to carry the Plus? AT&T and Verizon opted to carry the pre plus so why wouldn't Palm want Sprint to also carry the phone?

I think people are directing their anger towards Palm, Verizon, and everyone else except for Sprint who is responsible for the strained relationship with Palm.
    also the strain relationship, if any was not anyones fault the device just was not a success. If you have a direct statement from sprint stating otherwise( and not the CFO statemnt just stating and I quote, "The Pre didn't work out as well as we hoped," he said. Brust said Sprint didn't have enough Pres to meet demand, which he said will not be an issue with the Evo") they even recently had a position positing for Director of Sprint Retail Sales back in august. Your arguments hold no weight, your fueling off of he say she say BS that has never been confermed.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast