Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    here is a clearer image from my own system

http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/4695/pre2.png
    Last edited by sketch42; 10/14/2010 at 05:47 PM.
    btw... the training is NOT available yet
    Yeah, unfortunately it's looking a little more grim every week for a new Palm device on Sprint, granted that could easily turned around the next week.. or the week after that... or the week after that...

Hmm, starting to see a pattern.
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    us sprint users are probably palms biggest supporters, and how does palm repay us, by giving verizon the pre 2... I will be getting an epic. See ya all on android central.
    If Sprint doesn't end up carrying the Pre 2, what makes you think that's Palm's (or HP's) decision?
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    ok first off am I the only one who remembered what Verizon did to the plus version since it launched with them. Even if they get that version, to me its because they have a CDMA version ready and available for the US market. Of course sprint will be getting the device too, I already conferemed twice (once I posted the direct letter from the sprint exects about sprint and palms relationship on this forum) that sprint and palm is intact (so some people's information is incorrect). Even if Verizons customer base is the largest, Im pretty damn sure they sold less plus's and pixis then sprint sold the original version. So to me HP's best bet is to really release it on a AT&T, and include Tmobile, and the only CDMA carrier that will give them any kind of sales is Sprint not Verizon. If for a second you think Verizon wants a Webos device more the Sprint your sadly mistaken. So once again, we have heard a record amount of rumors (and hopefully they will come to pass soon) but lets wait for confermation before people talk crazy about a carrier relationships, or tell people to jump ship to android. SMH
    I said from the beginning that sprint will not pick up any more palm devices until it's out and proven to that it wil sell.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Although a spec bump is nice,i am going to wait for CES to make my final decesion on up grading.

[i]-- Sent from my Palm PrPrPr
    well, i know this isn't great for everyone, but IF this is true and IF it happens anytime soon, then it's perfect for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    I said from the beginning that sprint will not pick up any more palm devices until it's out and proven to that it wil sell.
    then why would Verizon, who had seemed to never even wanted the Plus version be carring a new version? As well as right now Android is their cash machine, and they still have so much overstock of a device they never intended on pushing?
    I also dont think Version is a good match for the Pre ( i always said in my personal opinion AT&T was a good match) but I get it. Verizon is larger and has a huge customer base compared to Sprint. unless they were to launch on multiple systems the next best thing is Verizon I guess. Still think as alot have said that its the final nail in the coffin for the Pre as the majority of folks who would upgrade are on sprint. But then again the user base for WEBos is so miniscule that maybe going after new users is a better policy .
    Sprint will pick up anything that will make them money. AS many have said there was bad blood between Palm and Sprint . I talked to many execs . it was real. But most of the palm folks are gone now and HP has no issues with SPrint. AS explained to me by the Sprint execs , they are all in on Android. they dont even want Windows 7. But I know working in the phone industry that if the Pre 2 is succesful that Sprint will try to eventually get it. Hey who knows Sprint might carry the next phone after the Pre 2. Might be way better. If your a WEBOS fan and thats all you want it does not hurt to wait it out a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    calm down.
    vzw will be getting the pre 2 first, throw logic out the window. The rumors and facts are too real now to ignore.
    sprint has always gotten palm devices that vzw users have clamored for...treo 755, 800w, treo pro, and the original pre and pixi...where did that get palm? No where.
    it's time for HP to change things up a bit. The pre 2 will be a mid range device for vzw customers. It will shortly afterwards be followed by new webOS devices, some of which will be on sprint...maybe even better than what vzw will get.
    it is to HP's best interest to release devices on all carriers, and they will do so. It has to start somewhere, and that may indeed be vzw. Sprint probably chose to bypass it, until webOS gets a 4G chip, likely announcement at CES.

things are gonna get real good.
    Exactly. Eventually over time Sprint will get something. People who wanted Palm devices at Verizon and AT&T have been getting the shaft for years. now its Sprints turn to wait. Verizon and AT&T eventually got it and so will Sprint. Again if webos has some success it will be on all carriers in a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    calm down.
    vzw will be getting the pre 2 first, throw logic out the window. The rumors and facts are too real now to ignore.
    sprint has always gotten palm devices that vzw users have clamored for...treo 755, 800w, treo pro, and the original pre and pixi...where did that get palm? No where.
    it's time for HP to change things up a bit. The pre 2 will be a mid range device for vzw customers. It will shortly afterwards be followed by new webOS devices, some of which will be on sprint...maybe even better than what vzw will get.
    it is to HP's best interest to release devices on all carriers, and they will do so. It has to start somewhere, and that may indeed be vzw. Sprint probably chose to bypass it, until webOS gets a 4G chip, likely announcement at CES.

things are gonna get real good.
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    ok first off am I the only one who remembered what Verizon did to the plus version since it launched with them. Even if they get that version, to me its because they have a CDMA version ready and available for the US market. Of course sprint will be getting the device too, I already conferemed twice (once I posted the direct letter from the sprint exects about sprint and palms relationship on this forum) that sprint and palm is intact (so some people's information is incorrect). Even if Verizons customer base is the largest, Im pretty damn sure they sold less plus's and pixis then sprint sold the original version. So to me HP's best bet is to really release it on a AT&T, and include Tmobile, and the only CDMA carrier that will give them any kind of sales is Sprint not Verizon. If for a second you think Verizon wants a Webos device more the Sprint your sadly mistaken. So once again, we have heard a record amount of rumors (and hopefully they will come to pass soon) but lets wait for confermation before people talk crazy about a carrier relationships, or tell people to jump ship to android. SMH
    Sometimes business game plans change based on market conditions. A letter from a couple of months ago or whatever may not mean jack in October.

then why would Verizon, who had seemed to never even wanted the Plus version be carring a new version? As well as right now Android is their cash machine, and they still have so much overstock of a device they never intended on pushing?
    You are trying to apply logic in regard to a companies game plan when you have not even seen the playbook.
    why would they release it on Vzn? Vzn Pre plus is basicly the Pre 2. why would people on Vzn pay for the Pre 2 when they already have that phone and why would they pay for the Pre 2 when they can get the Pre plus for free.

i have the original Pre from day 5 and this is an upgrade for that Pre.

Sprint Pre- owners are more likely to buy the Pre 2 (from what we know about it) then Vzn owners. Vzn already have the Pre 2 (plus).
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    I also dont think Version is a good match for the Pre ( i always said in my personal opinion AT&T was a good match) but I get it. Verizon is larger and has a huge customer base compared to Sprint. unless they were to launch on multiple systems the next best thing is Verizon I guess. Still think as alot have said that its the final nail in the coffin for the Pre as the majority of folks who would upgrade are on sprint. But then again the user base for WEBos is so miniscule that maybe going after new users is a better policy .

IMO I dont think Verizon is a good match either, unless HP intends on releasing versions of phones on all carriers ala samsung. Also not just my connects at sprint (my cousin is a engineer and deals with Sprint in paticular at the corporate level where I intially got information about the relationship between palm and sprint) and I have not heard bad blood between then. Most people assume that, after the interview with sprints exect saying things could have went better and jump to conculsions, I assure you and everyone here Sprint has no issues with Palm period. Second if the plus didnt sell next to nothing on the US's largest carrier when it launched in the start of this year, and was bumped, and was opt to only sell to women, what makes you think even if they had 400 million subscribers the more people the better? As stated Im pretty sure they sold less Webos Devices then sprint or AT&T.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinsin07 View Post
    Sometimes business game plans change based on market conditions. A letter from a couple of months ago or whatever may not mean jack in October.

You are trying to apply logic in regard to a companies game plan when you have not even seen the playbook.
    true but the consenses from my source still stands true

I was really replying in regards to him sayin that sprint wouldnt pick up another palm devices until its proven it can sell. So my question to him was why did he think sprint thought that way, and Verizon didnt.
    true but the consenses from my source still stands true

I was really replying in regards to him sayin that sprint wouldnt pick up another palm devices until its proven it can sell. So my question to him was why did he think sprint thought that way, and Verizon didnt.
    I agree, it makes no sense for a Verizon only launch. Especially now they are going to be selling iPads, which make even less sense. So do those sucky data plans.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinsin07 View Post
    I agree, it makes no sense for a Verizon only launch. Especially now they are going to be selling iPads, which make even less sense. So do those sucky data plans.
    yeah so I can only guess they are launching on as many carriers as they can, and really not looking at relationships, or who supported palm before the acquisition, because lets face it the bottom line Webos failed so far. Should be an announcment soon, lets hope for the better.
    If Verizon never wanted the Pre Plus then why did they sell and continue to sell it?

Second, wasn't it Sprint who chose NOT to carry the Plus? AT&T and Verizon opted to carry the pre plus so why wouldn't Palm want Sprint to also carry the phone?

I think people are directing their anger towards Palm, Verizon, and everyone else except for Sprint who is responsible for the strained relationship with Palm.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast