Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So this is a quick mock up, i took many elements from many other phones and frankensteined them into my ideal phone. in no way do i take credit for any elements used.. i am not the owner of any of this... the screen grab mic hole cam lens speaker etc.. its just a rough frankenstein of what i want my next phone to look like..i do not expect to win the contenst or even enter for that matter.

I Retouched the prototype and added the keyboard view..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by moxy-kreations; 10/15/2010 at 01:49 PM. Reason: new photo
    I think you should enter the contest!! Nice Mock up, and realize that all ideas come from somewhere (see the Torch).
    Great job!!

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    I like it.
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    I agree -- you should join the contest: you put work into making the mock-up & it's a good one.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Very nice, indeed!
    looks great, you should make one...I'll test it for ya :-)
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    I like it, you should enter!

Is there a physical keyboard?
    Ħ╬čųβ£Δ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
    This is definitely one of the better ones, I really like it.
    Inter the contest! Your creation is as good if not better than most of the others.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    I like the way almost the whole front is screen. The current Pre has way too much wasted space on the front & could have had a much larger screen in the same case/cabinet.
  12.    #12  
    Thanks To Everyone for such positive feed back, i am definitely a noob at photo shop, but i will refine my original design and give a keyboard view of it as well, mabe ill squeeze in a back view but i am pressed for time.. THANKS AGAIN TO EVERYONE
    Only 1 real problem: The TI OMAP 3630 is clocked at 1GHz, not 1.5GHz, and Palm/HP would not overclock the processor because then they are responsible for replacing it if ANYTHING goes wrong with it.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    Wow, that looks huge!
    I'd like to have the next phone to have a kickstand implemented into the back for landscape viewing.
    good looks on that

same form factor just 4 inch screenÉÉ

I wish I could enter the contest.. I have a wicked idea that I think people would love and if it were to come true would wow the industry
    I want one like this one NOW!!! hihihi
    ----------------------------------
    Alain (abellemare44)
    HP Pre3 2.2.4 (ATT 4G 16 Gigs) with BELL in Canada

HP TouchPad 16 Gigs Wifi
    With UberKernel 3.0.4 1,8 Ghz
    Cyanogenmod 7 Alpha 3,5 Android 2.3.7

PS: sorry for the bad english, it's not my native language
    I love it. Looks great.
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    When you say "full HDMI video" do you mean its got an HDMI output for video like the Evo?! That would be fun!

And I really hope something sweet like this comes out before June of next year when I can get my full upgrade!!!
    not bad... looks a little top heavy. tbh id be happy with a design like the pixi but without any keyboard. lets just use a virtual one like swype.
    Last edited by fixxxer1022; 10/14/2010 at 05:50 AM.
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Yeah, looks top heavy. I think once you go that big you have to consider a landscape slider instead of the portrait.

The original Pre, Pre+, Pre2, .... is about as big as you can go with a portrait slider and still be able to hold the phone comfortably to type.

Just my 2 cents.
    Dan
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast