Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Here's my submission for the contest. I had to change the design a little after the phone leaked earlier this week because it looked very similar, so I've been working on it for a while to finish up in time. I would appreciate any feedback.

Edit: I'd like to post some more information about my submission. I'm a huge fan of Palm and their OS. I've used their products since the beginning (the Pilot 5000, V, m105, m130, Zire 71, Sony Clié PEG-TH55, TX, and finally the Centro.) I was completely blown away when they announced the Pre and webOS, and when the Plus finally came to Verizon, I was first in line to get one. Of course, being the Palm fan that I am, I showed the phone off to everyone trying to convince them to buy it, and succeeded with a few. Just some background information.

Now about the design, when the pixi was announced and I saw the design, I really liked what they did to improve upon the original pre. I didn't like the size of it, the keyboard being almost the size of two of my fingers. When the contest was announced, I immediately decided to sort of merge my favorite features of both phones, along with a few of Palm's past products. It was a mix between the Pre's size and slideout keyboard, the pixi's sleek design with the flat screen and soft finish backing, which outlined the screen in the front.

I was a little flustered earlier this week when the actual pre 2 was leaked, as my mock up looked almost exactly alike it, minus the keyboard. I made a couple of changes here and there, and now I'm just putting the finishing touches on it before the deadline.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by bhughes719; 10/14/2010 at 01:46 PM. Reason: Background Information
    great work.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    WOW..... stunning.... you did a great job with this..... I'm not a fan of physical keyboards but yours looks great.... your very skilled at Photoshop!
    Great work here, very well done.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    I really like it!

I think it would be cool if it had a landscape gesture area as well. That way, you could fully use the phone in landscape view.

It would also be pretty cool if you could have two cards open side-by-side in landscape view!
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
  6.    #6  
    Thanks, I've been working on it non stop since the contest started, and I just kept changing my designs and the specs, but I think I've finally finished. Also, to my knowledge, Palm has not released a phone with a landscape keyboard, and I know a lot of the Palm users I know want a bigger landscape keyboard, so I hope Palm takes a look at it and releases one.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    I really like it!

I think it would be cool if it had a landscape gesture area as well. That way, you could fully use the phone in landscape view.

It would also be pretty cool if you could have two cards open side-by-side in landscape view!
    I actually have both suggestions in a larger mock up, but didnt want to make the picture anymore jumbled. I added the gesture bar under the keyboard, sort of on the edge to the keyboard, and for the suggestion about the cards, I had a picture of chatting on aim and the buddy list on the other card. I'll have to see if I can add them somehow without making it too confusing.
    no just type bar? : (
    Quote Originally Posted by cmilette View Post
    no just type bar? : (
    I'm not a fan of the 'Just Type' bar. I know the feature is there, no need for it to be in my face all the time lol.

It is a good idea for people new to webOS though...
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
  10.    #10  
    I'm not a fan of the 'Just Type' bar. I know the feature is there, no need for it to be in my face all the time lol.

It is a good idea for people new to webOS though...
    I think its optional to have the actual bar on top, I think its just as easy to just type like the current version of webOS does.
    Looks great!
    I love it!! This would be my next webOS phone!!

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    LOVE IT! Where can I buy it?
    I like Garret's idea. In landscape mode, having multiple cards open at the same time would be the best way to showcase and utilize "Stacks"
    Global Posts
    272 Global Posts
    I think this phone is AWESOME though i would chabge a few specs with it 4 mp front camera???? maybe a little to much for this day and age though possible... id also be happy with a 5 mp rear camera with either a xeon flash or a LED one

apart from that this is probably the most realistic phone ive seen on here and would be more than happy to show case this off to anyone

great work
    This looks great!! You got my vote.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Lol... it kind of looks like a Samsung seek.....

I still love it though
    Just wondering what makes this HD other than HD video recording? What good is HD video recording without a higher resolution screen to play it on.
    Cellphone History- Audiovox CDM9155> Sanyo 5150>Samsung SCH-1000>Samsung N400> PalmTreo 300> Palm Treo 600>Palm Treo 700P> Palm Centro> Palm Pre
    --edited to remove the original quote--
    That is NDA material.. just so you know. You can't talk about anything in (or out) the NDA stuff (i.e. webOS 2.0)
    Last edited by Arthur Thornton; 10/14/2010 at 08:54 PM.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    love it except the landscape keyboard. i would want just a virtual keyboard like swype.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast