Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Wow... great mock-up! I haven't been a fan of landscape keyboards, but I DO like this design! Well done!
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bhughes719 View Post
    Here is a rough size comparison of my mock-up compared to the pre, pixi and iphone
    Great comparison! You have hit the sweet spot size wise... smaller than iPhone but with a bigger screen!
    This IS, by far THE best looking idea/rendering of a worthy replacement for the curent pre/pre plus.
    Great job!
    As I read through these posts and look at every posted idea/rendering, I wonder if anyone high up in R&D at HPalm is looking too?
  4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by ILOOPTHEM View Post
    This IS, by far THE best looking idea/rendering of a worthy replacement for the curent pre/pre plus.
    Great job!
    As I read through these posts and look at every posted idea/rendering, I wonder if anyone high up in R&D at HPalm is looking too?
    Hopefully they are, this would be an amazing device! I would definitely hope they look through the forums for tips and ideas, but you never know. I know I want this phone!!
  5.    #45  
    My final submission. Hope you all like it, and I hope I win! Having that new Palm phone would be great!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Me want, especially love that keyboard, extra smexy!
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Love the landscape slider form factor, directional keys, stacks key and overall specs. Just one edit suggestion-- the Dedicated Volume/Camera/Customizable buttons is listed twice in your spec list.

Beautiful rendering work, BTW.
    Proud Pre Early Adopter
    My wallpapers
    Try my SteamPunk'd Theme!
    Here's my submission for the contest. I had to change the design a little after the phone leaked earlier this week because it looked very similar, so I've been working on it for a while to finish up in time. I would appreciate any feedback.

Edit: I'd like to post some more information about my submission. I'm a huge fan of Palm and their OS. I've used their products since the beginning (the Pilot 5000, V, m105, m130, Zire 71, Sony Clié PEG-TH55, TX, and finally the Centro.) I was completely blown away when they announced the Pre and webOS, and when the Plus finally came to Verizon, I was first in line to get one. Of course, being the Palm fan that I am, I showed the phone off to everyone trying to convince them to buy it, and succeeded with a few. Just some background information.

Now about the design, when the pixi was announced and I saw the design, I really liked what they did to improve upon the original pre. I didn't like the size of it, the keyboard being almost the size of two of my fingers. When the contest was announced, I immediately decided to sort of merge my favorite features of both phones, along with a few of Palm's past products. It was a mix between the Pre's size and slideout keyboard, the pixi's sleek design with the flat screen and soft finish backing, which outlined the screen in the front.

I was a little flustered earlier this week when the actual pre 2 was leaked, as my mock up looked almost exactly alike it, minus the keyboard. I made a couple of changes here and there, and now I'm just putting the finishing touches on it before the deadline.

This is an extremely plausible design/mockup!!!

It could logically have been a third device in the Palm webOS family of devices or an evolution of the pre! This will definitely get my vote.

[i]-- Sent from my Palm PrPrPr
  9.    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by garavin View Post
    Love the landscape slider form factor, directional keys, stacks key and overall specs. Just one edit suggestion-- the Dedicated Volume/Camera/Customizable buttons is listed twice in your spec list.

Beautiful rendering work, BTW.
    Oh wow, I don't even know how that happened... I've only worked on it for the past 3 weeks and looked at every single detail however many times... I honestly cant believe I didn't see that! I wish I had seen that before it was too late to submit for the contest, but hopefully everyone looks mostly at the phone since that's what it was more about. Thanks for the catch though, would have never even noticed!

Also, I realized another error after I submitted my design the first time, very noticeable but I completely missed it. Its on the contest reminder page, the first one on the left... I created the keyboard by rows, and copy and pasted to create the remaining rows, lets just say I forgot to fill in the rest of the keyboard after the first row, and I feel so embarrassed to see the mistake on the page!
    Last edited by bhughes719; 10/16/2010 at 01:50 AM.
  10.    #50  
    I just want to point out to anyone who hasn't noticed, check out the dual screen text/facebook pages on the landscape screen, I put a lot of detail into it.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    My final submission. Hope you all like it, and I hope I win! Having that new Palm phone would be great!
    Wow.... u got a winner....... u got my vote!
  12.    #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by jbarajasp View Post
    Wow.... u got a winner....... u got my vote!
    Thanks That is, if I get into the top 5... I really hope I do though.
    Nice rendering and big congratulations! Sorli...
    By far my favorite!!!

I think i'd rather buy this then the pre2.

Great job!
    You've got skills! I would buy it without a second thought, love the physical keyboard and the screen is not overpowering like the EVO's screen. I want it!! Great work!
  16.    #56  
    Thanks again for the feedback, everyone. I've been working on it a lot since the contest ended (just because I enjoyed doing it and wanted to do more with it), and I'm going to do a couple of videos showing off the OS improvements I have created (kind of like the tutorial ones on the phone or the ones in the commercials). If anyone is interested and has any ideas that they'd like to see put into motion on video, feel free to let me know and I'll see what I can do Hopefully if we get enough ideas together of features we'd like to see, Palm will take notice and add a couple of them to webOS

I'm also trying to think of an actual name to give the landscape phone. I was trying to decide between keeping the pre and adding something after it, or creating an entirely new name to distinguish the landscape phone with higher end features. I was trying to think of a name that goes along with Palm's use of the "ē" in the name (trēo, cēntro, prprpr&#$275$;). $If$ $anyone$ $can$ $think$ $of$ $anything$, $let$ $me$ $know$
    Last edited by bhughes719; 10/22/2010 at 08:26 AM.
  17. vpr
    Just wanted to let you know that I voted for you... I really want this phone, hope Palm does something like this!
  18.    #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by vpr View Post
    Just wanted to let you know that I voted for you... I really want this phone, hope Palm does something like this!
    Thanks!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123