Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    This would make me switch to a landscape keyboard. Two Thumbs Up. Nice Job!
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by mafu6 View Post
    I think this phone is AWESOME though i would chabge a few specs with it 4 mp front camera???? maybe a little to much for this day and age though possible... id also be happy with a 5 mp rear camera with either a xeon flash or a LED one

apart from that this is probably the most realistic phone ive seen on here and would be more than happy to show case this off to anyone

great work
    I was trying to stick more with what palm might go for regarding specs. I think a 4 mp camera would work, but that's just me. Personally, I'd be very surprised if Palm put a front facing camera on at all...

As for the realism, thanks! I have spent a lot of time working on it and I'm glad you like it. I wanted to sort of merge the pre and the pixi together and put a landscape keyboard, and I'm happy with the results.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by Courousant View Post
    I like Garret's idea. In landscape mode, having multiple cards open at the same time would be the best way to showcase and utilize "Stacks"
    I actually might post some of my other renders of everything I did with the OS. Since its not the entry for the contest, I'll post multiple pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post
    love it except the landscape keyboard. i would want just a virtual keyboard like swype.
    I created a virtual keyboard for landscape and portrait views, I'll post them when I get the chance to finish them up.

Quote Originally Posted by jbarajasp View Post
    Lol... it kind of looks like a Samsung seek.....

I still love it though
    Wow, your right. I just looked it up, I'm not too fond of the color schemes though. I wanted to stick with Palm's simplicity and not turn it into another iphone clone, so I chose to stick with slightly the same body. There wasn't much I could do about the layout for the slide-out keyboard, but I'll see if I can make some adjustments.

Quote Originally Posted by remix2000 View Post
    Just wondering what makes this HD other than HD video recording? What good is HD video recording without a higher resolution screen to play it on.
    I figured that the HD recording and the HD video output through HDMI were enough to warrant the name. I do however agree. I was trying to think of a better name that sticks more with Palms line up of simplistic names instead of going with something like the Palm Pre 100553 or the Palm Touch, nova or chocolate, or anything else that every other phone is based off of. I'll see if I can think of anything a little more original.

Thanks for the feedback, everyone!
    how about the Palm Toaster, since the keyboard "pops out"
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by Butters3605 View Post
    how about the Palm Toaster, since the keyboard "pops out"
    I'll have to think about it

Maybe I'll add some room for a bread slot on the left side.
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    I love it.
    Wow. This is nice. HP/Palm needs to take notes on this design. I like it.
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Very nice!
    Sweet I like it alot. Good work!
    I enjoy the concept! Great work!

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    This is absolutely sexy! Great job!!
  12.    #32  
    I'm glad everyone likes it. Thanks for the feedback. I'll post some of the revisions and some of the extra software designs when I get the chance.
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    B E A utiful...
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    I really like it!

I think it would be cool if it had a landscape gesture area as well. That way, you could fully use the phone in landscape view.

It would also be pretty cool if you could have two cards open side-by-side in landscape view!
    Quote Originally Posted by Courousant View Post
    I like Garret's idea. In landscape mode, having multiple cards open at the same time would be the best way to showcase and utilize "Stacks"
    I made a few more revisions, mostly the things you guys suggested, hope you like them. Garret, it would be hard to fit a gesture bar on the keyboard, so I worked out an idea where theres a specific button that acts like the gesture bar. Clicking it has the same function as touching the gesture button. Clicking it and using the d-pad on the right allows you to swipe between your cards with "left" or "right", or get rid of them with "up". Clicking the Stacks button and clicking "down" on the d-pad puts your current card into the stack, and you can add whatever cards you want to that stack. It might seem a little complicated at first but I think it would be very intuitive.

I'm still working on more, so if theres anything anyone wants to see made, let me know.
    WOW LOVE IT! ill get this ASAP i've only liked 2 mock ups i've seen
  16. vpr
    I want THIS phone!
  17.    #37  
    Revised mock-up with improved keyboard and "Stacks" view in landscape.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Good job! But I can't help thinking how microscopic everything would look on a 2 inch screen (roughly half of the screen for each app)... this idea would be great on a tablet....
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by jbarajasp View Post
    Good job! But I can't help thinking how microscopic everything would look on a 2 inch screen (roughly half of the screen for each app)... this idea would be great on a tablet....
    I agree that it would be very small on a phone like the current pre, but for my mock-up, I chose to go with a larger design and screen. I did some screen size tests on a few droids and it would work if Palm would release a phone with a larger screen size.
  20.    #40  
    Here is a rough size comparison of my mock-up compared to the pre, pixi and iphone
    Attached Images Attached Images
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast