Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    We will definitely see a major enterprise push from HP/Palm. First, BlackBerry has long since lost their core differentiating attribute, that they did email better than anybody else (everybody else caught up). Second, BlackBerry's new OS is woefully underwhelming compared to the other OS's out there. Third, and most importantly, HP has enterprise scale and scope nobody in the arena can match. Who else can go into a company of any size and offer top to bottom IT solutions? We're talking smartphones to server farms and everything in between.

What HP will need to do is poll their existing contacts to find out what capabilities they absolutely must have and really, really want on their smartphones and then put a segment of their software engineers to the task of making it happen. I'd say: out of the box outlook syncing, some kind of cloud based PIM management, EXCEPTIONALLY well done push email and networkable calendars would be starters. I'm sure others could add to the list.

Gargoyle
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    I'd be happy to see any Pre available in the Asian markets (whether that's here in Australia, or SE Asia). A Pre with average specs is still better than no Pre at all
    Interesting post I'm wondering whether they might also release a horizontal slider - it would be a smart move to cover each of the main form factors. Either way we've got an exciting few months ahead of us.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    I would love to see a horizontal slider added to the phone lineup...
    "Pixi 2: Going after the teenage crowd / people on a budget. A small, less powerful webOS device. Think of it as our Blackberry Curve."

Make it be able to do Wifi-only or it will have the same fate as the Kin. No point in buying a cheap smartphone when your dataplan is $79 a month....

not many teens can afford that kind of price.
    [QUOTE=NickDG;2709598][QUOTE=sinsin07;2709150][QUOTE=Schmid7y;2708517]Snip...
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmid7y View Post
    Pixi 2: Going after the teenage crowd / people on a budget. A small, less powerful webOS device. Think of it as our Blackberry Curve.

I'm an IT engineer for a fortune 500 company and I can tell you there has been a mass exodus from BB and Good to Actige Sync devices. With the economy the way it has been cost cutting is happening everywhere. It is much cheaper to use Active Sync devices over a BES or Good server. Crap we dropped our Good server years ago.

Now everything is EAS. I see this trend continuing.
    I am an IT engineer in a Fortune 100 company, in the top 10. We have over a quarter million desktops and around 30,00 Blackberries. I refute your claim. Now where does that get this conversation? And be that as it may, WebOS is not enterprise ready. As an engineer you know this.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinsin07 View Post
    I am an IT engineer in a Fortune 100 company, in the top 10. We have over a quarter million desktops and around 30,00 Blackberries. I refute your claim. Now where does that get this conversation? And be that as it may, WebOS is not enterprise ready. As an engineer you know this.
    I had one question regarding the Blackberry devices.
    What extra feature does a blackberry device offer which can't be given by a Android,iOS or WebOS device.
    I just plainly hate the blackberry devices as you have to buy their stupid plans to make use of their services.
    Their BBM service is ok but enterprise mail solution can be replicated by other OS also,So why should some one buy a blackberry device and not a better and more polished competitor device.
    And sinsin07 is blackberry still relevant in Enterprise solution as it was 4 years back or because of recession companies are cutting undue cost and stopping the blackberry service where you have to spend extra money.
    I read some where that JPMorgan is allowing its Android or Iphone employee to access their mails from their phone instead of accessing only from blackberry devices.
    I work in manfame (z/OS) IT. I work for a publicly traded company with $1.1B US annual revenue, over 8,000 employees, around 80 offices around the world. Nearly every company in Fortune 1000 is a customer of ours. If you work in mainframe IT in z/OS, you would surely recognize our name. I've used Palm devices since 2001 and got my Sprint Pre on launch day. It works just fine in our Outlook/Exchange environment and from my perspective it is a fine device for enterprise users.
    Hello can anyone give me the answer that can Palm take the space right now occupied by Blackberry.
    I think except for BBM everything else what Blackberry can do Palm can do much better.
    And If some one can also give me answer for my above post it would be great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kriss2k6 View Post
    Hello can anyone give me the answer that can Palm take the space right now occupied by Blackberry.
    I think except for BBM everything else what Blackberry can do Palm can do much better.
    And If some one can also give me answer for my above post it would be great.
    I've never used BB, so I don't have first-hand experience. But I have many co-workers who do. One of them claims that BB is unmatched when it comes to messaging. It also tends to be very popular among non-techie management, executive and sales types. It has a reputation of being simple, reliable and foolproof.

I think realistically, webOS devices have a long climb to overcome this.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12