1.    #1  
    So, I suck at Photoshop, but I thought I'd toss these rough drafts out there. I know a lot of people need their physical keyboards, but there are just as many consumers who would prefer a slimmer phone and a VKB. So, ala Samsung Galaxy, I thought offering the same phone in both form factors would be a nice idea. Hopefully I'll get these shopped a bit more to look more professional, but knowing my limited artistic skills, I highly doubt it. =)

Specs:
    4" "Gorilla Glass" Display, 960 x 640, edge-to-edge
    TI OMAP-4 1 GHz processor
    32 GB Storage, 1 GB ROM, 512 MB RAM
    8 MP camera, 3x optical zoom, 1080p video capture
    1.3 MP front facing camera
    HDMI video out
    Dual rear speakers for surround sound
    802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi
    Bluetooth 2.1+EDR
    1500 mAh battery

And the ability to read minds.

Edit: I know the speaker grills are a bit fugly but for sake of illustration I made them stand out. Figure in reality that they are the same color and material as the back panel. Similar to the current pre back.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by morrison0880; 10/14/2010 at 02:07 PM. Reason: Typo
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    even if you think you suck at photoshp, I think that looks pretty great.

hopefully your design calls for a magnesium case to support that thin keyboard and a solar panel because there isn't much room for a battery.

nice job!
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    even if you think you suck at photoshp, I think that looks pretty great.

hopefully your design calls for a magnesium case to support that thin keyboard and a solar panel because there isn't much room for a battery.

nice job!
    I'll leave it to the engineers to figure out the how. =)
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Nice job, better than I could do!

I like the idea of the edge-to-edge screen, but how would this protected from being damaged when some one drops it?

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Butters3605 View Post
    Nice job, better than I could do!

I like the idea of the edge-to-edge screen, but how would this protected from drops and things.
    Don't drop it!

I was thinking about implementing a high-energy plasma forcefield into the phone, but found it a bit hard since I don't have access to the non-existent hardware and technology.

Nice concept! Why not have three form factors:
    One with a virtual keyboard (Palm HD)
    One with a portrait slider (Palm HDPro)
    One with a landscape slider (Palm HDPre)
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by not-yet-pre View Post
    Nice concept! Why not have three form factors:
    One with a virtual keyboard (Palm HD)
    One with a portrait slider (Palm HDPro)
    One with a landscape slider (Palm HDPre)
    That might be a bit of overkill, but feel free to play with my design to test it out.

Quote Originally Posted by morrison0880 View Post
    So, I suck at Photoshop, but I thought I'd toss these rough drafts out there. I know a lot of people need their physical keyboards, but there are just as many consumers who would prefer a slimmer phone and a VKB. So, ala Samsung Galaxy, I thought offering the same phone in both form factors would be a nice idea. Hopefully I'll get these shopped a bit more to look more professional, but knowing my limited artistic skills, I highly doubt it. =)

Specs:
    4" "Gorilla Glass" Display, 960 x 640, edge-to-edge
    TI OMAP-4 1 GHz processor
    32 GB ROM, 512 MB RAM
    8 MP camera, 3x optical zoom, 1080p video capture
    1.3 MP front facing camera
    HDMI video out
    Dual rear speakers for surround sound
    802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi
    Bluetooth 2.1+EDR
    1500 mAh battery

And the ability to read minds.

Edit: I know the speaker grills are a bit fugly but for sake of illustration I made them stand out. Figure in reality that they are the same color and material as the back panel. Similar to the current pre back.
    You forgot the tractor beam.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by sinsin07 View Post
    You forgot the tractor beam.
    It's already too attractive. A tractor beam would cause a black hole of awesomeness.

So what's in your 32GB of ROM? =P
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Croathlete View Post
    So what's in your 32GB of ROM? =P
    Ah, thanks for the catch. Funny typo.
    32 GB Storage, 1 GB ROM, 512 MB RAM