1.    #1  
    One big benefit I noticed after starting to use GPRS is battery use. When using the Treo to make data calls to ISP's, even a few-minute-long browsing session leaves a dent in the battery level. With GPRS, the same kind of a browsing session often doesn't move the battery level at all! So, at least with my preliminary testing, the GPRS experience matches the theoretical benefit of using the network only when needed.

This is unlike what I had read about the Treo 300. People were advised to turn the connection off after using it to conserve the battery. With my Treo 180, staying "connected" via GPRS without sending ore receiving any data doesn't seem to have a noticeable effect on the battery.
    Yup, I seem to have the same experience.

Really love this new GPRS ability to remain always connected! Makes the treo even more wonderful than it was before!
    does this mean that i don't need to disconnect after loading up mny emails? If i leave the gprs connection on the whole day (even when i'm not accesing the net), will it not eat up on battery life???

gprs really makes the treo worth buying!!!
    I too notice improved battery life for net connection. I surfed and chat for about 40 minutes and my battery level was still at 100%..amazing! The regular CSD data sucks the battery like there is no tommorow.
    Originally posted by chuaaa
    does this mean that i don't need to disconnect after loading up mny emails? If i leave the gprs connection on the whole day (even when i'm not accesing the net), will it not eat up on battery life???

gprs really makes the treo worth buying!!!

I haven't done a proper test on this, but I have been leaving my GPRS on all the time, and my battery does not seem to be draining any faster. In fact, after I installed the upgrade, my battery seems to be remaining at 100% much longer than before. Could it be that the upgrade further optimised the radio's battery usage? I hope so!
    Originally posted by tuen

I haven't done a proper test on this, but I have been leaving my GPRS on all the time, and my battery does not seem to be draining any faster. In fact, after I installed the upgrade, my battery seems to be remaining at 100% much longer than before. Could it be that the upgrade further optimised the radio's battery usage? I hope so!
    I've noticed the same thing too. I've had GPRS on now for 2 days, used my phone as before and I'm rewarded with a fuller battery icon before I plug in the charger at night.

This thing rocks!!
    Can somebody send me please the gprs patch for 270 ?
    I want to try if it's work in Milan

Thanks in advance
    mailami@email.it
    Denis
    check out the other threads! its there. just look around this site. also bewarned about installing it ... its suppose to be for asian region only ... it could mess up you treo! i've heard alot of sad stories here already