Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    here is my try at a super PALM! Im calling it SuperiorHD! I noticed that everyone was using higher screen resolutions on larger screens so i thought i would make use of the extra space and add widgets on the top

UPDATE: ADDED A TON OF EXTRA STUFF... TAKE A LOOK AND LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK

Updated again: fixed typos and added JustSpeak feature.

THE REASON I FOCUSED ON SOFTWARE IS BECAUSE I BELIEVE THAT SOFTWARE COMES FIRST AND HARDWARE SHOULD COMPLIMENT BUT NOT OVERPOWER THE PHONE. I LOVE SIMPLE DESIGN WITH CLEAN LINES. LESS IS MORE.

http://forums.precentral.net/attachm...orhdfinal3.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jbarajasp; 10/16/2010 at 01:46 PM.
    That looks really nice. Now just put some really awesome hardware that will blow the competition away and we will be set.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by probowler2009 View Post
    That looks really nice. Now just put some really awesome hardware that will blow the competition away and we will be set.
    what kind of hardware options do u have in mind? im open to changes
    Oh lets say a 1.5 ghz CPU, 1 gb ram, at least a 64mb storage. Sounds crazy but go all the way.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    hahaha...
    ...at least a 64mb storage. Sounds crazy but go all the way.
    I know you meant 64GB! instead, but it's still a funny read... "go all the way"! haha

Anyway, seriously? I really LOVE the mockup! I ESPECIALLY love the personal touch of the webOS widgets above the cards! You need to make sure to get some attention to Palm about that! I LOVE the placement & idea of it!!
    Quote Originally Posted by probowler2009 View Post
    Oh lets say a 1.5 ghz CPU, 1 gb ram, at least a 64mb storage. Sounds crazy but go all the way.
    64mb of storage? I hope you mean gb.
    Anyone else have the feeling that if there is a preHD, it will look like that? maybe it would be a bit more square, but having the bigger screen allows it to be a lot thinner which me would likey. Just neeeds a front facing camera
    Very nice! I do hope that Palm stays with the rounded corner "pebble" look for their future phones. Your graphic proves again how nice that look is on a larger device! BUT... needs a keyboard for me to buy.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 10/13/2010 at 03:49 AM.
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Is that a feature or a bug, the clocks show different times

But to me this is one of the better designs so far. And I really like the additional wigdet row, in a similar way as the cards.
    Love it, take notes Palm! This design is a definite winner (A+ on the upper widgets!)
    the widget row is sick. I honestly never thought of that! I'd love a webOS device like this one.
    physical keyboardand(QWERTY) with touchscreen is the reason that makes me love palm,no QWERTY,no love,hehe
    I like it! The form factor is not that much different then the current Pre Plus and since you weren’t specific about the specs that allows us (or Palm) to invent the “Superior” phone of our dreams. Lets see … I want a TI OMAP 4 processor, physical keyboard, 64gb storage, 1gb ram, forward and rear facing cameras, LTE 4g compatible radio, Bluetooth sync, a compass, etc… etc… etc… etc…

Edit: I love the widgets row concept as well!
    Last edited by not-yet-pre; 10/13/2010 at 09:53 AM.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    Love it! I'd buy in a heartbeat. Screw a keyboard on a device like that.

And the widget idea would destroy any other phone offering out there. I would kill for that feature.
    How about no physical keyboard, swap the card row and the widgets row, and the widget row turns into a virtual keyboard whenever a card up top requires it?

This way it doesn't feel like you're losing any screen real estate like you do on the iPhone.

EDIT: Or even better... keep it how you have it and there's a little animation where the widgets move up and off the screen, the card row moves to the top, and the keyboard comes up from the bottom.
    Last edited by Croathlete; 10/13/2010 at 07:28 AM.
    I know that it is shoeing more webOS stuff than hardware... But it sure is pretty. I'd give it a try.
    Bon appetit is right, I'd eat that up!
    Quote Originally Posted by jbarajasp View Post
    here is my try at a super PALM! Im calling it SuperiorHD! I noticed that everyone was using higher screen resolutions on larger screens so i thought i would make use of the extra space and add widgets on the top I left out any specs so that you all may come up with them on your own
    Superb job and the widgets idea. I always wondered how widgets would be implemented in WebOS - your idea rocks, and more so, is practically possible with a little thought by Palm!
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    The widgets row is so cool, it makes me wonder whether the webOS internal guys would be able to build with something like this?
    I can honestly say i like this one also... the wide screen is beautiful, very clear and crisp... the widgets also are a wonderful touch, physical keyboard could be a must for many though... me i find myself to be an adapter so if it doesnt, i could adjust ... the speca ( 1.5 Ghz cpu 1 Gig ram, 64 GB hard drive), i likes alot... i think this also could make for some very clear, hd type video playback.. thats really one thing i am looking for ... very nice job
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast