Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My favorite design thus far. The widget row concept is very interesting.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    essentially wouldnt there be a way to code is almost like the coding for webos 2.0 with the layered cards, but instead do a 2nd layer of apps? i mean i kno absolutely nothing about coding or writing but i feel like with palm/hp layering cards, its almost the same idea/principle. but as i said its all just wishful thinking cuz i kno nothing about coding. ANYWAY, u have created an absolutely BEAUTIFUL design my friend, and i could only hope something as beautiful as this comes out of the next big thing(Roadrunner HD?) from Palm/HP. +1
    this looks cool but I would like a vertical physical keyboard. Also would it be possible to make the sides gesture areas? then when you are in landscape the bottom would always be the gesture area. more food for thought.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Croathlete View Post
    EDIT: Or even better... keep it how you have it and there's a little animation where the widgets move up and off the screen, the card row moves to the top, and the keyboard comes up from the bottom.
    That was what i imagined when i created the widgets.... i was thinking that when they are not in use they could be swiped off the screen (all together with one single swipe). to get them back on the screen just swipe the cards down

i avoided using a physical keyboard because it would look silly on a phone this big.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Very nice! I do hope that Palm stays with the rounded corner "pebble" look for their future phones. Your graphic proves again how nice that look is on a larger device! BUT... needs a keyboard for me to buy.
    agreed except for the keyboard part...
    Quote Originally Posted by spud101 View Post
    Is that a feature or a bug, the clocks show different times

But to me this is one of the better designs so far. And I really like the additional wigdet row, in a similar way as the cards.
    this is a feature widget called dual clock(shows time in a different time zone)
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    this is a feature widget called dual clock(shows time in a different time zone)
    Thats too funny.. i just grabbed the clock from google.... i didnt even think of the times being off..... lol

but yes.... now its a feature..... lol
    This is awesome...add the physical portrait keyboard and I would buy at least 2 of them. And I agree, move the widget to the bottom to be covered up by the VK when in use

Nokia (red phone) --> Denso TouchPoint TP2200 --> Samsung SPH-N400 --> (Palm VII) --> Sanyo 5150 --> Palm Treo 650 --> Palm Pre --> Sprint FrankenPre 2 --> (HP TouchPad)/(HP Pre 3 - Wifi) --> Galaxy Nexus (with TS mod and hopes of Open webOS!)
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Keeping to the smooth lines, and your widget concept especially make your mock-up stand out. Very nice! I think the top speaker bar needs to be a little longer, to house a little bit bigger speaker, hopefully that can go much louder than the original Pre . Any mock-ups for the rear of the phone?
    Palm Pre on Sprint. WebOS 1.4.5
    If I helped you, a thanks would be much appreciated (Thanks button located on right side)
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Solen View Post
    Keeping to the smooth lines, and your widget concept especially make your mock-up stand out. Very nice! I think the top speaker bar needs to be a little longer, to house a little bit bigger speaker, hopefully that can go much louder than the original Pre . Any mock-ups for the rear of the phone?
    the speaker area was originally larger but it looked odd so i made it the same size as the notification light in the gesture area.... i think it looks more balanced....
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbarajasp View Post
    the speaker area was originally larger but it looked odd so i made it the same size as the notification light in the gesture area.... i think it looks more balanced....
    I see your point, but balance doesn't need to come from using the same exact size. As long as you have something near the top, and then something with similar mass near the bottom to compensate, you have balance . Look at the original Pre, they used the long speaker bar at the top, and a circular button at the bottom. Your design is still one of my favorites! We just need Palm to implement much better quality speakers regardless, both for the earpiece and the speakerphone.
    Last edited by Solen; 10/13/2010 at 12:20 PM.
    Palm Pre on Sprint. WebOS 1.4.5
    If I helped you, a thanks would be much appreciated (Thanks button located on right side)
    wow, that's great! i am not normally a fan of widgets, but i could easily get used to a row of them to swipe across like a row of stacks. very cool idea! and a lovely overall look as well.
    amazing. i normally hate the widget look (well mainly since it looks pretty awful on most android devices) but it looks amazing on webOS 2
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    I sincerely hope Palm is paying good attention to your design.... These widgets would be sooo awesome to be part of webOS.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    THANKS FOR ALL THE POSITIVE FEEDBACK!!! THIS IS AN AWESOME COMMUNITY!!!! YOU GUYS ROCK!!!! (tears of joy)
    Quote Originally Posted by jbarajasp View Post
    THANKS FOR ALL THE POSITIVE FEEDBACK!!! THIS IS AN AWESOME COMMUNITY!!!! YOU GUYS ROCK!!!! (tears of joy)
    Any news on the rear of the phone?

--Sent using Tap@Talk for webOS
    wow
    never thought of that
    maybe you should seriously tell palm that
    great job with widgets implemented into webos
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    Any news on the rear of the phone?

--Sent using Tap@Talk for webOS
    I dont really have time for that... sorry... but if I find any time I will be sure to work on that.
    Quote Originally Posted by spongamabob View Post
    64mb of storage? I hope you mean gb.
    Yes I meant 64 GB of storage. Sorry typo! LMAOROF
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    you should email this pic to hpalm. maybe they will use your concept
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast