Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    You don't understand it because the Roadrunner HD doesn't exist.

To piggyback off Cringer, this log popped up after the number one complaint for the Roadrunner log...it didn't have a resolution equal to the iPhone 4. Plus, why would it show up that order, ie 960x640 versus 640x960 when the Pre doesn't (you could argue that the most likely tablet Mansion is default landscape). Idk, though, maybe we're just too pessimistic.
    When the Roadrunner HD popped up in the log the Roadrunner name wasn't known. Nobody even knew about it. Now that the Pre 2 has been confirmed as being the code name Roadrunner, to me this legitimizes the Roadrunner HD.

If the Roadrunner name was out there before the Roadrunner HD popped up in the device log then i would be in the same boat as you and think it was fake, but since the Roadrunner name was unknown at the time it makes it seem plausible to me.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    When the Roadrunner HD popped up in the log the Roadrunner name wasn't known. Nobody even knew about it. Now that the Pre 2 has been confirmed as being the code name Roadrunner, to me this legitimizes the Roadrunner HD.

If the Roadrunner name was out there before the Roadrunner HD popped up in the device log then i would be in the same boat as you and think it was fake, but since the Roadrunner name was unknown at the time it makes it seem plausible to me.
    I thought the roadrunner name poped up 1st w a resoution the same as pre.. And then later the HD came out w diff reso. ? Am I wrong
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by gilbertg4x4 View Post
    I thought the roadrunner name poped up 1st w a resoution the same as pre.. And then later the HD came out w diff reso. ? Am I wrong
    You are right. After searching the blog posts here the Roadrunner popped up first then the Roadrunner HD popped up about a week later on another app log.

So I take that back. Since we now know the first Roadrunner was real, the question now is if the Roadrunner HD was fake.

Doesn't it make sense for Palm to make a Pre that has a higher res and a bigger screen? They probably have had thousands of requests for a bigger device with a keyboard. I am hopeful they were listening.

I really don't want a slab device. I want a bigger Pre 2 with a bigger screen, keyboard and a higher resolution. If Palm can't do that then I will stick with my Pre Plus running at 1ghz with webOS 2.0.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    I dont think the mansion is the tablet, even a HP exect I forgot who mention PalmPad when mentioning the Webos Tablet next year. The mansion is def a slab phone IMO. Also the resolutions reversed has nothing to do with if the product is real or not. To me if the roadrunner HD is real, then it would make sense to release that device on a US carrier before 2011. If not then we wont hear any announcments about a device for 2010, and will be stated to wait until 2011 for new handsets as stated.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12