Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Ok, so in recent less than enthusiastic response from all the uber g33ks on this board, I have designed what I think will be the only Palm Pre 2 device that would make them happy.

Introducing the "Palm GetALife":

Ok, so 3.1" screens are so lame. My cousin Vinnie has a 4" screen on his Evo so now I look so lame to everyone so now I need to blow my money on something I dont need because I look like such a loser to everyone with my 3.1" screen.

So, we start out with a Sony Bravia 42" LED television

That'll teach everyone to make fun of me.

sony-bravia.jpeg

Then, we need better specs. I mean everyone thinks that I am so uncool with my Pre and its 500mhz processor, even though I tell them its OverClocked to 1Ghz!

So, we take an Alienware Area-51 ALX Desktop and glue it to the back of the LED TV.

OriginalPng.png

Now we are talking!

Quad Core, 3.23Ghz
    12GB of DDR3 RAM
    2TB Hardrive

Thatt'll show them!

OK, but we wont be able to use that mesely little 1150mAh battery to power all this, I mean WHAT was Palm THINKING?

So, clearly we will need more juice. And why not be manly about it too, because I <deleted by mod> need to boost my ego.

..I got it!

55-diesel-generator-sg4000dgs.jpg

Nothing says manly like a diesel generator. Look it even has wheels, for total portability.

Stick WebOS 2.0 on this baby and there is NO WAY that it wont sell like hotcakes. Because I know that everyone in the world is a nerd like me and clearly wants what I want. Its not like I am in the minority or something posting on a forum about smartphones. NO sirree bob. Everyone is like me.

Introducing the new Palm "GetALife"
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 10/12/2010 at 10:53 AM. Reason: unnecessary comment
    What a device....now, to call Arizona, Wrangler, Levi and GAP to make sure they make big enough pockets to fit something like this...maybe a trailor hitch that connects to your jeans to wheel this thing behind you?!?

Nokia (red phone) --> Denso TouchPoint TP2200 --> Samsung SPH-N400 --> (Palm VII) --> Sanyo 5150 --> Palm Treo 650 --> Palm Pre --> Sprint FrankenPre 2 --> (HP TouchPad)/(HP Pre 3 - Wifi) --> Galaxy Nexus (with TS mod and hopes of Open webOS!)
    I want one.
    Because I have such a small ***** too!
    Quote Originally Posted by evilkaneevel View Post
    Are you serious?

41" touchscreen phone. Thats bigger than any TV. This is a bad device mock-up. I wont vote for this one.
    Perhaps you missed the blatant, over-the-top, ridiculous sarcasm in the OP....
    I am, therefore I think
    Yeah... I think the 41" is a little too big to fit in my pocket comfortably. I don't want the giant screen getting scratched up by my keys, etc. Sorry. No dice.

Also... Diesel generators are last year. I'd opt for a biofuel powered device.

Nice try though.

Next.
    Are you serious?

41" touchscreen phone. Thats bigger than any TV. This is a bad device mock-up. I wont vote for this one.
    ROFL... obviously you didn't realize that this 'mock-up' is made as a joke to just to poke fun at people who keep crying out for more and more stuff to be crammed into a mobile phone. Not a real entry - just fun.

BUT... that monitor better be 120Hz and not 60.. I don't want 'ghosting' on the picture when I'm watching sports! Until that's clarified - I won't buy.
    Great.... You just dwarfed my PC by 1TB harddrive & 8GB DDR RAM. I think I may need to find a bridge to jump off of now. :'(
    Totally awesome, i want one. No, I NEED one NOW!

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    But I need a physical keyboard or I won't buy!!!1!1!11111!one!1!1won!!

I sure hope there will also be a 50" model available. AT 42" We'll be behind the times when it comes out.
    but does that display have retina display? It also needs more 3g's and wifi's.
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
    I would also need solid state drives and usb3
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    I'll take 3 please.... as long as they are under the $150.00 mark.
    Last edited by Traxion; 10/12/2010 at 11:28 AM.
    "I will go in this way, but I'll find my own way out." -DMB

Dear Lord,
    Please grant me the ability to punch people in the face over standard TCP/IP.
    Amen.
    please add this retina display to the design.

http://images.google.com/images?q=tb.../j01retina.jpg
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 01/19/2011 at 05:08 PM.
    I think you should have the option to mount a DirecTV dish on the generator. I don't want to miss shows while working on my computer!
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    Ok, so in recent less than enthusiastic response from all the uber g33ks on this board, I have designed what I think will be the only Palm Pre 2 device that would make them happy.

Introducing the "Palm GetALife":

Ok, so 3.1" screens are so lame. My cousin Vinnie has a 4" screen on his Evo so now I look so lame to everyone so now I need to blow my money on something I dont need because I look like such a loser to everyone with my 3.1" screen.

So, we start out with a Sony Bravia 42" LED television

That'll teach everyone to make fun of me.

sony-bravia.jpeg

Then, we need better specs. I mean everyone thinks that I am so uncool with my Pre and its 500mhz processor, even though I tell them its OverClocked to 1Ghz!

So, we take an Alienware Area-51 ALX Desktop and glue it to the back of the LED TV.

OriginalPng.png

Now we are talking!

Quad Core, 3.23Ghz
    12GB of DDR3 RAM
    2TB Hardrive

Thatt'll show them!

OK, but we wont be able to use that mesely little 1150mAh battery to power all this, I mean WHAT was Palm THINKING?

So, clearly we will need more juice. And why not be manly about it too, because I <deleted by mod> need to boost my ego.

..I got it!

55-diesel-generator-sg4000dgs.jpg

Nothing says manly like a diesel generator. Look it even has wheels, for total portability.

Stick WebOS 2.0 on this baby and there is NO WAY that it wont sell like hotcakes. Because I know that everyone in the world is a nerd like me and clearly wants what I want. Its not like I am in the minority or something posting on a forum about smartphones. NO sirree bob. Everyone is like me.

Introducing the new Palm "GetALife"
    Thanks. This made my day. I'm still laughing out loud. So, will this be offered on Sprint?
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    If it is not offered on Sprint, I am leaving Palm forever! Today!
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    I want one.
    Because I have such a small ***** too!
    W1N
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandez21 View Post
    but does that display have retina display? It also needs more 3g's and wifi's.
    the iPhone has 4 of those cuz it's an iPhone4. Therefore, this new device should have 4 of those g's too. And 4 of those Wifi's.
    Are you serious?

I saw what you did there. The SARCASM was dripping from each letter.
    "What is right, isn't always popular. What is popular, isn't always right."
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast