Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    I think what probably makes the most sense now is the following.

Pre2 in the next 45 days.
    Pixi2 right before CES.
    New Design 3 or so months after CES
    Tablet 3 or so months after CES.

That will keep a steady roll out of devices every 3 months or so.

Does any one else agree this appears to be HPalm's timeline?
    Unless they roll out 4GHZ quad core devices with 30 gigs of Ram and a 42" screen no one on this board will be satisfied so it doesnt matter.
    Although a steady rollout is usually a safe bet, I am not sure safe bets are what HP has planned. They need to make a big impression on those of us who don't know webOS (and those of us who do).
    +1.
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    A phone prediction thread, mmmm. I can't get enough of the Palm phone prediction and I honestly don't know why.

I'm on record for an October official announcement and hardware in time for Black Friday. I wavered when HP said no new phones until CES, and who knows, it could be the truth, the Pre 2 might already have been canceled. I hope not, but it could happen.

My guess is that they had the Pre 2 on the dock before the HP buyout. Once they were bought out, they started work on the post Pre 2 phones (notice the plural there) and when Rahul Sood went to visit Ruby, he offered some Voodoo assist and they're planning some kick *** hardware for CES.

Who knows, maybe WebOS 2 will provide some funky enhancements that will make the Pre 2 a kick *** device.

I just want the device in my hands already. And waiting for the device to get to Bell means an even longer wait.

I want a new phone and I'd like to know what they have planned for CES before I jump on the Pre 2 bandwagon, but I still want it... bad. Really bad.
    Fascinating.

Can you post some mockups too?
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    Fascinating.

Can you post some mockups too?
    Mockups? Pish posh, how about the actual device!!!

Note the gloating in my tone.
    Chances of a new smartphone device seems bleak. Maybe towards end of 2011