Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The US carriers are emptying inventory as fast as they can. HP is giving them away. It's obvious they intend a pre-hoiiday (pardon the pun) release. That would be the Pre 2. CES will announce new phones, but they won't be the Pre 2 *replacement*, just new form factors.
    unfortunately the pre2 is here to stay. even though the original pre did not sell exceptionally well, palm keeps re-specking it as the pre+ and now as the "pre2". it will never sell well. not even if palm puts a 6 ghz processor in it. no business power user will prefer to be seen using this cheap looking little plastic device. hopefully REAL new hardware will be announced during the 2011 CES show.
    Quote Originally Posted by protofa View Post
    unfortunately the pre2 is here to stay. even though the original pre did not sell exceptionally well, palm keeps re-specking it as the pre+ and now as the "pre2". it will never sell well. not even if palm puts a 6 ghz processor in it. no business power user will prefer to be seen using this cheap looking little plastic device. hopefully REAL new hardware will be announced during the 2011 CES show.
    Your totally right, I prefer somthing made of steel. That way when I pick it up its nice and heavy. Makes me feel like its actually worth somthing. You know how big expensive things are usually heavy.
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by protofa View Post
    Many business users don't have a choice in the matter, they get what the company provides them, but if they did have a choice...

I love my Pre, but I always felt it was a little pasticky. Seeing the bezel on this new one makes me think it will feel a little less of that. We just can't tell if the bezel is another type of plastic with a matte finish, or maybe, just maybe, anodized aluminum. There are plastics with a high quality feel to them, let's just hope this Pre has a little more of it at least.
    Last edited by RafRol; 10/13/2010 at 01:45 PM.
    Visor/Sprint Springboard Expansion Module > Visor Platinum > Tungsten E > Centro (work) > Palm Pre
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12