Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by RafRol View Post
    Who are you and what have you done with Jay???
    I know , Our Precentral's mr. Mild mannered Jay but this was bound to happen somehow, with all this whinning !
    Are bad people born that way? Or did something go terribly wrong?
    you think it's bad here.... Try out cross-platform chat or other handhelds. Kinda wish there was a way to filter those out.

Whaddya tryin' to say the HelloNNNewman.....my fingers are fat?????lol
    Last edited by sledge007; 10/12/2010 at 08:42 PM. Reason: fixed typo
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    you think it's bad here.... Try out cross-platform chat or other handhelds. Kinda wish there was a way to filter those out.
    Yea.. We have a small crew of people here at P|C who are only here to bash the Pre/webOS/Palm/HP. I'm not going to name names lol. Must mean webOS is pretty special though... Some people devote all their free time trying to bring us down lol.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 10/12/2010 at 03:15 PM. Reason: quoted text fixed
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Yea.. We have a small crew of people here at P|C who are only here to bash the Pre/webOS/Palm/HP. I'm not going to name names lol. Must mean webOS is pretty special though... Some people devote all their free time trying to bring us down lol.
    I posted a little instructions to a forgotten feature of the forums...

http://forums.precentral.net/future-...ml#post2706899
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    Jay,

You have expressed, eloquently too I might add, what I have been thinking/feeling for months now. Sick and tired of listening to listening to people complaining about new hardware. But I don't blame them. We have been pushed by corporate america into becoming spoiled little gadget Wh@*es always wanting more. Sacrificing our "expendable" income and lining the pockets of the corporations. But get a grip folks! When a new Pre hits are you going to buy an upgrade? Give them more of your hard earned income to be cooler than the next person?

I waited long and sometimes painfully for my Pre. Nursed a Treo 650 through 4 years. Argued with myself whether or not i should have gotten it knowing my job situation wasn't secure. But i allowed myself to. (No regrets BTW. Love my Unpatched and non-OC'd Pre Plus.)

But I will not let this vicious circle control my life. I will not care to have the latest and greatest anything. I will endure the long and hard road to my next Palm device for another year and a half. Even longer if i have to. Remember folks, life could be a hell of a lot worse!!!

Jay, Thanks again for this thread. I was starting to get really sick of coming to Pre-Central lately. Palmcasts included. I have been renewed.

Jim
  6.    #66  
    [QUOTE=MaggieScratch;2706250]*makes Jay a Key lime pie*

QUOTE]

Actually I do, after all I am now a Floridian, hard to believe that it is now 17 years since I moved from NYC!

Take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
  7.    #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAlbert View Post
    Here's the best Key Lime pie on the planet! Happle Gourmet Foods LLC | Happle´s Organic Pies and Desserts

(yeah, it's in the family, so I am biased).

Chris
    The pies looks great, but I think I put on 20 # just looking at them...LOl....sounds great!
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Thank Jay. I always like reading the articles you post, this thread was no different. Someone had to say all that, right? Glad it was said.
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    Hmm. I agree. in fact, all of this anti-Pre complaining is starting to sound a little familiar...

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    I posted a little instructions to a forgotten feature of the forums...

http://forums.precentral.net/future-...ml#post2706899
    A bit off topic, but for an additional improvement to your forum experience you can exclude whole sub-forums using a URL with the following format. The example will exclude Off Topic and others can be added using a comma delimited list of forum numbers.
    So I want to be careful here, or I might just become just as bad as all of the complainers, but as I keep reading all of the post regarding the "palm pre 2", (which we know little to nothing about and don't even know if it will even be released here in the states), I'm really getting tired of people saying "I will be so embarrassed to carry this phone around my friends who have BB's, droids and iphones". All of the sudden I think to myself are people for real?

To me this is what has caused such an issue in our society. People have become more concerned about what everyone else thinks, and I just don't understand it. Just like Jay mentioned, our world has serious problems. Theirs sickness, disease, hunger, abuse, poverty and people losing their jobs on a daily basis and it seems for some the #1 concern is "the new webOS phone better be cooler than my friends phones"? Seriously.
    I consider myself somewhat of a "techie" and I have quite a few friends that do as well. We never sit around and try and figure out who has the better phone. I'm sorry that's just plain ridiculous.
    I've played with friends iPhones and droids and there are things I like and compliment them on. Many of them have played with my pre and liked some things about it better (3 of them now have pre +'s on Verizon). But my point is do people really have no life, in the aspect of the most important thing to them is to think they're better than their friends because they have a cooler phone?
    Anyway, like I said I have to be careful or I just become one of the complainers, but I've spoken my peace. I'm no perfect saint and I'm sure I don't do everything I can to help change the world, but the point is there's a lot of problems and things going on daily, that I don't understand why for some reason they're #1 concern is to have a better phone than their "friends" or "everybody else". If you like webOS, than you like it. If you don't then you don't. I don't stick to webOS to try and out do everyone, I stick to it, because I like it. If something else comes out I like better than I will try it out. That's all there is to it.

Jamie
    that's right. You shouldn't get your identity from your phone. That's what cars are for...
    My two cents..

I think some people are just disappointed because they expected more from Palm now having HP's backing. That's reasonable. And the silence from HP is frustrating. Even now we're not too sure just what HP has in mind for webOS other than a few general quotes here and there.

I try to leave work at work and home at home. These are just forums for smart devices. Of course there's worse things going on in life, but these forums aren't the place for it. Noone should be made to feel guilty for expressing their opinion on a topic of interest or being passionate about a hobby.

Specifically to the OP. Though i'm not disabled, i have a younger sister (brittle bone disease, over 300 breaks and still breaking) and brother (lawyer with Ph D making 6 figures in D.C. who suffered a stroke 4 years ago at age 40, needs full time care and can't talk or read). Life can stink sometimes.
    agreed. Everyone should read the lyrics to this song:
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?client=mv-google&xl=xl_tsp&xl=xl_tsp&v=OALagCUTXvc
    here are the lyrics:

Hoobastank - "If I Were You"

You seem to find the dark when everything is bright.
    You look for all that's wrong instead of all that's right.
    Does it feel good to you to rain on my parade?
    You never say a word unless it's to complain.
    It's driving me insane...

If I were you, holding the world right in my hands,
    the first thing I'd do is thank the stars for all that I have.
    If I were you...

Look what surrounds you now more than you've ever dreamed.
    Have you forgotten just how hard it used to be?
    So what's it going to take for you to realize
    it all could go away in one blink of an eye?
    It happens all the time...

If I were you, holding the world right in my hands,
    the first thing I'd do, is thank the stars above, tell the ones I love
    that I do...

Yeah IF I WERE YOU,
    Whoa, yeah IF I WERE YOU
    IF I WERE YOU, whoaaaa
    IF I WERE YOU

So what's it going to take for you to realize
    it all could go away in one blink of an eye?
    It happens all the time...

If I Were You,
    holding the world right in my hands,
    the first thing I'd do,
    is thank the stars above,
    for the ones I love,
    take a breath and enjoy the view,
    live the life that I wanted to.
    If I Were You...
    If I Were You...
    If I Were You!
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    My two cents..

I think some people are just disappointed because they expected more from Palm now having HP's backing. That's reasonable. And the silence from HP is frustrating. ...

..... Of course there's worse things going on in life, but these forums aren't the place for it. Noone should be made to feel guilty for expressing their opinion on a topic of interest or being passionate about a hobby.

Specifically to the OP. Though i'm not disabled, i have a younger sister (brittle bone disease, over 300 breaks and still breaking) and brother (lawyer with Ph D making 6 figures in D.C. who suffered a stroke 4 years ago at age 40, needs full time care and can't talk or read). Life can stink sometimes.

In defense of the OP, I don't think he was saying that people didn't have a right to express an opinion. His specific complaint was the extreme negativity surrounding some who seem to live just to complain about what they are happy. There are some (and I won't mention names) who you can count on seeing a negative comment - oftentimes questioning the intelligence or integrity of a person who expresses an preference for anything webOS or Palm. Or hijacking a legitimate thread with their negative comments.

Are there "homers" here? Sure, but this IS a Palm forum. I would expect the same boosterism on Android or iPhone sites and would not feel the need to do battle with every statement someone made there ... and I do go to those sites to see what's going on in those worlds.

A lot of us are adults and don't get off on arguing with total strangers about stuff that neither of us can know with any certainty. Some if us come for news and tips and to share information... and that is it.

I would posit that people who come in with antagonism are probably bringing THEIR problems into the forums and if you (like many of us) are looking to just get news and want to leave the "life stinks" issues behind and just have a non-combative read, they are the ones making it difficult.

I can't imagine that these people communicate with people in person in the same manner as they post in the forums. (Unless they don't have many friends )

Just wondering...
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234