Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    am i the only one who thinks this pre 2 is kinda sexy? i mean, i know its pretty much the same chassis, but that flat front, and presumably matte finish looks darn good. it seems they have taken all of the criticisms from the community and addressed them, guess we'll just have to wait and see how the hardware holds up.

Jay, i think this is the first Thread of yours i have seen that wasn't a news update. love the energy brotha, i agree completely.
    Quote Originally Posted by squeezy View Post
    In that regard, I agree 100%. I thought this was due to "leaked information" and some people expressing their disappointment.
    Whining about leaked information which may or may not be true and certainly not complete isn't much better. At least wait until an official announcement from the manufacturer.
    Well said Jay. Thanks.
    i totally agree Dessert. it is like a whine fest in here. the good thing is with all these whiners saying they arent going to buy this new one, there shouldnt be a line.

the same ones whining here about taking so long to get a new phone are the same ones whining it isnt what they want. they will be the first ones on here whining that the phone isnt right and they rushed it to market.

whine whine whine........

like you said it takes away from the rest of the real discussions.

hey WHINERS do us all a favor and go buy an iphone and whine in their forums
    I have witnessed history here at P|C... Someone released the monster in Jay! Not sure what it was that got you riled up, but I agree with you Jay! Now... breeeeeeathe...
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Who's angry????
    Quote Originally Posted by hrminer92 View Post
    Whining about leaked information which may or may not be true and certainly not complete isn't much better. At least wait until an official announcement from the manufacturer.
    It goes both ways, though. We've all seen people embrace anyone who claims to have a "source" at Palm who leaks information to them and only them.

The difference is this info came from an actual carrier and requires some heavily tinted glasses to spin in a positive way.
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrettQ View Post
    am i the only one who thinks this pre 2 is kinda sexy? i mean, i know its pretty much the same chassis, but that flat front, and presumably matte finish looks darn good. it seems they have taken all of the criticisms from the community and addressed them, guess we'll just have to wait and see how the hardware holds up.

Jay, i think this is the first Thread of yours i have seen that wasn't a news update. love the energy brotha, i agree completely.
    I agree with you on both points.
    When I first saw the pre I knew I was going to buy it. I loved the form factor and even though it didn't have but 12 apps, that didn't worry me. I have enjoyed the phone from day one. So a continuation of that same form factor but with new stuff, why that's great.
    And Jay, keep up the energy.
    Last edited by PREferred; 10/11/2010 at 06:20 PM.
    Bravo, Jay! There are a lot of whiny brats in evidence today who not only look every gift horse in the mouth, but see rotten teeth where there are none.
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    Thanks Jay!

I have so wanted to write something like that for a while now but haven't. Thanks for your vent.

I also hope that your mother continues to do well. I also like your "take care" at then end of your posts. For some reason it always brings a smile to my face. I think is because its not in your signature. You actually type it out each time. You must really mean it.

@Shadavis08 Your damn bug on the screen got me! lol
    Thanks Jay – I will take a deep breath now and close my browser with p|c as my home page. I must try to remember there are more important things in this world than my beloved Palm Pre Plus. I will continue to charge it on one of it’s four touchstones and will carry it with me every where I go, but I will stop calling non Palm owners “stupid” and will limit my time on p|c to two hours a day. Even though I am a 67 year old geek, I still need to grow up.
    Thanks again for the wake up call.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    I personally love the new Pre design. I really think that the original Pre has an excellent form factor (the reason my mock-up has the exact same form factor) but just needed some tweaking. Considering how much better the Pre runs at 1Ghz using overclock kernels and all of the optimizations that will be going into 2.0 I really think this new phone is going to be awesome.
    well stated jay.it is one thing to have and voice a opinion,its another to lose ones mind,cuse,name calling,insulting,all because the phone does not stop bullets.
    This thread is enlightening.
    "Dessert" has never been so sweet.

This was undoubtedly in the pipeline well before HP took control - just over 90 days ago. There will be more stuff coming. HP/Palm just need to do whatever they do well. No need to try to imitate Apple or Google.

Many of the critics (as well as a good number of the 'blind' believers) are allowing their own preconceptions to cloud their opinions:

1) Money was not in issue in their early stumbles (be serious, if Microsoft had Palm's finances and put out the Kin or their first version of the Internet search)

2) There is no way for webOS to be successful (really, like the X-Box was too late to the party?)

conversely:

1) It will be easy for HP to succeed.
    2) My near 2 year old hardware is better than ANYTHING else out there.

This is far from over, and as long as HP is willing to take the long view rather than making quarter to quarter decisions, (and they put out good quality in whatever form factor) they have a good chance be successful.

Well said Jay, let the haters respond. Here's hoping HP has the fortitude to do what will make them successful and ignore the 'whine party' these forums sometimes become. Nothing wrong with reasoned analysis, even if it is negative, but the "If Palm doesn't ... I'm leaving for ..." is old.

Just leave already... and close the door behind you. Then the rest of us who come here to share user tips and news can get on to our business.

C
    Quote Originally Posted by C-Note View Post
    "Dessert" has never been so sweet.

This was undoubtedly in the pipeline well before HP took control - just over 90 days ago. There will be more stuff coming. HP/Palm just need to do whatever they do well. No need to try to imitate Apple or Google.

Many of the critics (as well as a good number of the 'blind' believers) are allowing their own preconceptions to cloud their opinions:

1) Money was not in issue in their early stumbles (be serious, if Microsoft had Palm's finances and put out the Kin or their first version of the Internet search)

2) There is no way for webOS to be successful (really, like the X-Box was too late to the party?)

conversely:

1) It will be easy for HP to succeed.
    2) My near 2 year old hardware is better than ANYTHING else out there.

This is far from over, and as long as HP is willing to take the long view rather than making quarter to quarter decisions, (and they put out good quality in whatever form factor) they have a good chance be successful.

Well said Jay, let the haters respond. Here's hoping HP has the fortitude to do what will make them successful and ignore the 'whine party' these forums sometimes become. Nothing wrong with reasoned analysis, even if it is negative, but the "If Palm doesn't ... I'm leaving for ..." is old.

Just leave already... and close the door behind you. Then the rest of us who come here to share user tips and news can get on to our business.

C
    Very good post and well said.
    Gotta admit, when I peruse the other sites, I dont spend a lot of (or any of ) my time leaving disparaging comments about their os or hardware....So why do the naysayers have so much more time on their hands than I do?
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    Awesome words Jay! Way to go!
    I love my Pre :P

Follow me on Twitter!
    Jay,

Take a couple of deep breaths and remember:

1. We all have problems in our personal lives - while sometimes tough to deal with, never assume yours are worse than someone else's.
    2. These forums are just about phones - it's not like someone's life is at stake here.
    3. Chill out - go with the flow - Everyone has as much right to post what they want to here as the next person ... so long as it's within the rules.
    4. Based on your post, I guess we're all entitled to a little drama now and again.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Thank you Jay, well said! Also I enjoy reading your informative posts. Thanks again!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast