Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I want to believe that sprint will be in line when it comes to new Palm smart phones.
    if sprint doesn't carry the pre2 or a new 2011 hp/palm phone ill jump ship to whomever has it. either that or cave in an buy an evo.
  3.    #3  
    i cant leave sprint lol
    I've decided if sprint carries the new webOS by june next year then I will stay on board. Otherwise......
    I almost upgraded to the Epic last night. I was amazed that Sprint only offered me $22 for my Pre.
    Don't get your hopes up for launch of the pre 2 for sprint. I'm not 100% ruleing it out. But the birds are telling me otherwise. By launch I imply, initial offering...
    I don't think that any carrier will have an exclusive on this, and AT&T just got their devices so recently I doubt they would carry them at launch. So that leaves Sprint and Verizon. Sprint has loyally carried Palm devices through the years, and though they didn't sell as many Pres as they wanted, it still outsold every other phone they had ever (until the EVO came along). So my guess is that Sprint and Verizon will carry the Pre 2 at launch.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeisnowonfire View Post
    [The Pre] still outsold every other phone they had ever (until the EVO came along).
    Really? That's pretty impressive. I'm surprised the Pre was poo-poo'd so much from Sprint, then, or is that just me inferring too much because it didn't do as well as they had hoped it would.
    Yeah, honestly if Sprint never gets any of the new Palm phones I'll probably go for an Epic or whatever replaces it next month.
  10.    #10  
    i hate the epic...feels cheap for 250
    sprints getting new phones from Palm and HP. The Pre 2 they might not, even NOX states his insider stated sprint requesting a 4G version of the Pre 2. Though next year sprint, Verizon, and At&T will all be getting the new models branded HP, so of course sprint is still in the loop, when though I would say at this point early next year.
  12.    #12  
    any info on what new hardware?
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    sprints getting new phones from Palm and HP. The Pre 2 they might not, even NOX states his insider stated sprint requesting a 4G version of the Pre 2. Though next year sprint, Verizon, and At&T will all be getting the new models branded HP, so of course sprint is still in the loop, when though I would say at this point early next year.
    I'm holding out for a 4G WebOS device on Sprint. Until then I'll just keep plugging along with my patched-to-the-max launch day Pre!

[i]-- Sent from my Palm PrPrPr
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

If they don't get the Pre 2 I hope they get the next upgraded device.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    i will be upset if the only new webos phone offered on sprint is 4g. I am on the border of getting it where I live and it will just kill my battery life trying to connect to 4g, so either terrible battery and poor 4g service or pay 10 dollars and never even use 4g. PLEASE give me the option of a non 4g phone, or get that service working PERFECTLY where im at.... thanks sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by brendu View Post
    i will be upset if the only new webos phone offered on sprint is 4g. I am on the border of getting it where I live and it will just kill my battery life trying to connect to 4g, so either terrible battery and poor 4g service or pay 10 dollars and never even use 4g. PLEASE give me the option of a non 4g phone, or get that service working PERFECTLY where im at.... thanks sprint.
    im sure HP will have a couple of phones with and without 4G. Also Im pretty sure now that Palm can afford better battery life, that its a thing of the past so we wont have to worry about that once these next generation devices come next year. The chipsets stated that will be used optimized battery life, so we should see iphone 4 like battery life or better even on 4G.
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    Requesting a 4G phone, didn't think of that...

Has sprint had a phone launch that isn't 4G since the hole 4g thing? Since the Palm Pre 2 isn't 4G, that makes complete sense.

Koodos to you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordac View Post
    Really? That's pretty impressive. I'm surprised the Pre was poo-poo'd so much from Sprint, then, or is that just me inferring too much because it didn't do as well as they had hoped it would.
    From what I have heard that's true. The reason sprint wasn't happy with the pre is because it didn't get people to switch to sprint. To be fair the evo and epic aren't doing all that great either. A lot of people have a very irrational hatred for sprint for some reason.

Also even if sprint doesn't get any new webOS goodness right away I'm going to stick it out with my good ol pre till they do.
    Last edited by darkproteus66; 10/15/2010 at 05:04 PM. Reason: I had more to say
    check my webos facebook group http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=129304747081175

help me reach my goal to be the first non celebrity on twitter with 1 million followers http://www.twitter.com/darkproteus66

LONG LIVE HOMEBREW!!!
    i hope they dont get the pre2 because i dont wanna be tempted into buying it. i've had my pre since day one and was eligible to upgrade like 6 months ago. i've waited this long for a superphone and i don't wanna get suckered into buying a slightly better pre only to have the superphone come out a few months later.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeisnowonfire View Post
    I don't think that any carrier will have an exclusive on this, and AT&T just got their devices so recently I doubt they would carry them at launch. So that leaves Sprint and Verizon. Sprint has loyally carried Palm devices through the years, and though they didn't sell as many Pres as they wanted, it still outsold every other phone they had ever (until the EVO came along). So my guess is that Sprint and Verizon will carry the Pre 2 at launch.
    Sorry but that is not happening, only Vz will get the Pre2 at first.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast