Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    That is when you know something is a dissapointment.

Even though I'm leaving I hope webOS gets somewhat popular so I can profit from my stock.
    I remember you saying a few times that you were in high school. Can kids own stock?
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    I cannot say I am surprised, with the announcement of their top of the line, brand new device.

Persons under 18 can buy and own stocks, though the account must be opened and linked with an adults account.
    The phone has been "leaked" for less than an hour...lets talk about this in a week.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by squeezy View Post
    I cannot say I am surprised, with the announcement of their top of the line, brand new device.

Persons under 18 can buy and own stocks, though the account must be opened and linked with an adults account.
    Oh yea! Forgot about that. I forgot I used to own a tiny bit of stock when I was younger lol.
    It's just such a disappointment to see Palm release a phone with basically the same tired old specs that other companies (like Microsoft) release on the same day under divers alarums about their fantastic, top-of-the-line hardware specs.

Why should someone get a laughably weak Pre 2 with a sloooooooow 1GHz processor (which has been used in other phones for months and months on end) if you could have a burly HTC HD7 with a zippingly fast 1GHz processor (which has only been used in other phones for a few short months)?
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    ....laughably weak Pre 2 with a sloooooooow 1GHz processor....zippingly fast 1GHz processor
    Wha?

Name all the current smart phone available for sale today with cores faster then 1GHz...
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    It's just such a disappointment to see Palm release a phone with basically the same tired old specs that other companies (like Microsoft) release on the same day under divers alarums about their fantastic, top-of-the-line hardware specs.

Why should someone get a laughably weak Pre 2 with a sloooooooow 1GHz processor (which has been used in other phones for months and months on end) if you could have a burly HTC HD7 with a zippingly fast 1GHz processor (which has only been used in other phones for a few short months)?
    And you know what processor is in the Pre 2? Care to tell the rest of us?
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    And you know what processor is in the Pre 2? Care to tell the rest of us?
    http://www.precentral.net/sfr-outs-p...-and-512mb-ram
    I checked out the link you provided and a couple more links. I'm not seeing any concrete info. Can you quote what you've found?
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    Wha?

Name all the current smart phone available for sale today with cores faster then 1GHz...
    that was actually my point. People are disappointed with the Pre2's specs and in the same breath say they're jumping to winpho7... All of whose phones have the same specs.
    ^^it seems I got lost some place...
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    HPQ ended in the green today and at a higher % than the Dow, NASDAQ, and S&P 500. This isn't saying much since everyone I mention ended in the green with less than 0.2% change. Even Microsoft, with it's windows phone 7 announcements, ended the day mostly flat with only a 0.08% increase.

Welcome to the big time, where a single product leak/announcement isn't ground breaking.

[edit] Jumped the gun on a number. I had written 0.5% and it's closer to 0.2%. Added what my Google ticker said at 3:48pm AZ time.

HPQ: 41.20 +0.05 (0.12%)
    MSFT: 24.59 +0.02 (0.08%)
    Dow: 11,010.11 +3.63 (0.03%)
    Nasdaq: 2,402.33 +0.42 (0.02%)
    Last edited by Honis; 10/11/2010 at 05:49 PM.
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3
    I hope you bought in after Hurd got fired.

.....slow?
    who are you?
    name a phone out there with a processor faster than 1GHz. a phone that is actually useful, at that.

-shakes head-
    anyways. to all of you who don't like the pre2, just don't get it.
    the reason it looks the same - or at least has the same style as the original pre, is because its a PRE, as in the second generation of the PRE.
    it's supposed to look the same as its predecessor, with a few tweaks. a la iphone (?)
    if the iphone came with a physical keyboard next year, it wouldn't be called the iphone, ok hoes?

they're going to make a new pixi and a new slate phone and slate tablet, so just wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by cmilette View Post
    anyways. to all of you who don't like the pre2, just don't get it.
    the reason it looks the same - or at least has the same style as the original pre, is because its a PRE, as in the second generation of the PRE.
    it's supposed to look the same as its predecessor, with a few tweaks. a la iphone (?)
    So basically...if it looks like a Pre and quacks like a Pre it fails like a Pre?
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    So basically...if it looks like a Pre and quacks like a Pre it fails like a Pre?
    Depends on who they contract for manufacturing this time.
    any movement had nothing to do with the pre 2. Cause no one even knows about it except for techies at this moment. And for such a big company like hp I don't think product launches are going to effect the stock price, ecspecialy a product in a unit that has not developed any revenue yet. As long as you bought your stock in hp after hurd firing when it went from low 50s to low 40s about a 20% or so drop, you will be able to profit once wall st gets comfortable with the new ceo.
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    Of course! That must be it...
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    Wha?

that was actually my point. People are disappointed with the Pre2's specs and in the same breath say they're jumping to winpho7... All of whose phones have the same specs.
    Quote Originally Posted by cmilette View Post
    .....slow?
    who are you?
    name a phone out there with a processor faster than 1GHz. a phone that is actually useful, at that.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast