Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 44 of 44
  1. #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post

    That being said, any company that takes an old phone and just upgrades extremely minor details and updates the internals to what's considered "normal for smartphones" now, will likely have their stock drop.



    Iphone, Iphone3g, Iphone 3gs... Im sure their stock didnt drop, nor didnt anyone say "there stock is likely going to fail due to minor spec bumps".

    I understand the Iphone was a big hit to begin with. buuuuut, i believe the only reason the Palm Pre wasnt a big hit was due to their really lame, and lack thereof advertising... if you could even call it advertising.... i mean.. really.. what was up with those commercials... lol (The pixi had a 1 cool commercial)

    I think even though the hardware couldve been better right off the bat. If they wouldve hit the ball out of the park with advertising.. im sure the Palm brand would be doing a little better.

    As far as my Palm pre plus goes....couldnt be happier with my hardware and software.
  2. #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmPrePlusPwns View Post
    Iphone, Iphone3g, Iphone 3gs... Im sure their stock didnt drop, nor didnt anyone say "there stock is likely going to fail due to minor spec bumps".

    I understand the Iphone was a big hit to begin with. buuuuut, i believe the only reason the Palm Pre wasnt a big hit was due to their really lame, and lack thereof advertising... if you could even call it advertising.... i mean.. really.. what was up with those commercials... lol (The pixi had a 1 cool commercial)

    I think even though the hardware couldve been better right off the bat. If they wouldve hit the ball out of the park with advertising.. im sure the Palm brand would be doing a little better.

    As far as my Palm pre plus goes....couldnt be happier with my hardware and software.
    The problem here is that:

    A) The first iPhone sold way better than the Pre [you can't take a design that didn't do well and repackage it and expect it to do better the second time]

    B) People have this asinine idea that Apple is better and I don't know where it comes from. That being said, Palm doesn't have that. Certainly not to the degree Apple does.

    C) And finally, the Dev support for the iPhone/Apple was much bigger a year out than Palm/Webos...by far...light years...


    And hey, let's be honest, although Apple was doing well...they're starting to fall. And I would seriously contribute a least a good percentage of that reason to keeping on one carrier for so long and for having only one option in phones.

    Palm/HP/Webos is trying to gain ground by using a concept that doesn't work for a company that isn't already huge and more importantly is starting to fail.
  3. #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    s...

    And hey, let's be honest, although Apple was doing well...they're starting to fall.

    Hah, am i evil since i smirked when i read that...
  4. #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmPrePlusPwns View Post
    Hah, am i evil since i smirked when i read that...
    Not at all.

    Apple works off monopolies.
    See the mp3 industry.

    Proprietary devices and connectors... just overall they are a bad company.

    Thankfully they lost when trying to claim that you "buy the license to use the phone" when you pay for a phone and therefore you don't actually own the phone or the ability to modify the phone.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions