Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22
  1.    #1  
    I think the palm pre 2 is just going to be a weak re-hash of the palm pre plus.
    I am predicting it will have webos 2.0 but still NO FLASH support. Form factor will be virtually identical to the plam pre plus. Small improvement on camera. No addition to the aged mp4/3gp video file format support. Same 16gb internal memory and no addition of micro sd card slot. No additional ports added (e.g mini HDMI out). NO increase to the resolution of the screen. Speaker remains unchanged. Same exact battery touch stone compatible (maybe improved life with webos 2.0). No HD video recording. Possible upgrade to the wifi protocol (wireless N?). Possible upgrade to the processor (single core 1ghz - nothing revolutionary).
    Last edited by somec1; 10/11/2010 at 12:30 PM.
  2. #2  
    will the call it the plus plus, or pre squared?
  3. #3  
    Ultra Pre Plus now with greater (android) stain-removing power!
  4.    #4  
    hahah, how about the Pre-conceived anticlimax
    Last edited by somec1; 10/11/2010 at 11:23 AM.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by somec1 View Post
    hahah, how about the Pre-occupy
    An eight-legged Pre?
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by somec1 View Post
    I think the palm pre 2 is just going to be a weak re-hash of the palm pre plus.
    I am predicting it will have webos 2.0 but still no flash support. Form factor will be virtually the same. Small improvement on camera. No addition to the aged mp4/3gp video file format support. Same 16gb internal memory and no addition of micro sd card slot. No increase to the resolution of the screen. Same exact battery (maybe improved life with webos 2.0). Possible upgrade to the wifi protocol (wireless n?). Possible upgrade to the processor
    A little birdy told me the exact same thing....
    Last edited by Klownicle; 10/11/2010 at 12:03 PM.
  7. #7  
    I think that this is just a a spec-bumped Pre. It doesn't bother me. I will be very interested in it since I have an original Pre. Who knows if the next webOS hardware (phone) will be as good to us as the Pre.


    My Themes:CLICK HERE
  8.    #8  
    Cool, yea i have the pre plus at the moment. I'm awaiting HP's newer hardware next year. Apparently theres supposed to be a handset running webos that will be a horizontal slide, rather than a vertical like the current pre.
  9. #9  
    a pre with a higher res display, faster processor, better battery, 32gb storage and a better keyboard would be fine by me, as long as it's priced under $150 and the screen is iphone display quality. I like the current pre's form factor.
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
  10. #10  
    Whatever the next Palm phone is, it can't be a mere spec bump and hope to have any market success. Spec bumps are like sequels. They are great when the first one was a hit. No hit, no sequel.

    The iPhone got spec bumps because the first iPhone was a market changing success. The newer Droids are spec bumps of the original Droid. There would be no Motorola if they have just spec bumped the Razr. MS mobile efforts would just curl up and die if WP7 was just a spec bump to the Kin.

    Palm can't survive, even as a wholly owned subsidiary, if all it releases is a spec bump to a product that was a market failure. They would be much better off waiting until they have their Droid moment, than releasing an interim product by which they will be judged and permanently dismissed.
  11. #11  
    I think there is nothing wrong with a higher spec'd phone. I think we all agree on the fact that a PRE Plus (or even a PRE) is a great phone even in its current state. An upgraded phone with better processor, memory and camera is nothing to sneeze at.

    In the end the more choices we have the better.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by sapient2k7 View Post
    I think there is nothing wrong with a higher spec'd phone. I think we all agree on the fact that a PRE Plus (or even a PRE) is a great phone even in its current state. An upgraded phone with better processor, memory and camera is nothing to sneeze at.

    In the end the more choices we have the better.
    So the people who "agree" on the status quo being great already purchased the device, and those who don't agree (i.e. most everybody else in the market) have no reason to re-evaluate these devices or WebOS?

    That is literally the worst possible scenario.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by sapient2k7 View Post
    I think we all agree on the fact that a PRE Plus (or even a PRE) is a great phone even in its current state.
    You think the Pre is a great phone in its current state? Good for you. The market disagrees. Palm should not be in the business of making phones for the people on this board. They have to make phones for the people who will never see this board. A spec bumped Pre will not cut it for the market that matters.
  14. lancepr's Avatar
    Posts
    125 Posts
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    #14  
    I think the Pre 2 and Pixi 2 will be the launch of webOS 2.0 and a big test for HP to launch on multiple carriers. If HP can push out 2 phones to all carriers worldwide I think that will give them and edge in the market.

    Then they can work on better hardware/tablet for a 1Q 2011 launch
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by lancepr View Post
    I think the Pre 2 and Pixi 2 will be the launch of webOS 2.0 and a big test for HP to launch on multiple carriers. If HP can push out 2 phones to all carriers worldwide I think that will give them and edge in the market.

    Then they can work on better hardware/tablet for a 1Q 2011 launch
    This is also known as the Kin scenario. Release middling devices when you've already announced something major just one or two quarters away and watch the tumbleweed roll at retail.
  16. Traxion's Avatar
    Posts
    153 Posts
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    #16  
    I think it's just a way to somewhat appease Palm's current users. I am willing to bet HP will not make this a big deal in order to save their efforts to make the flagship device their first major product release since the purchase of Palm. I honestly think the rest of the world wont notice if the Pre/+/Pixi/+ are pulled and a new one is put on the market. HP will try and stir up that pot in 2011.
    "I will go in this way, but I'll find my own way out." -DMB

    Dear Lord,
    Please grant me the ability to punch people in the face over standard TCP/IP.
    Amen.
  17. #17  
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  18. #18  
    I have to admit... I hate the idea that I may have to use my upgrade to get a newer, rehashed Palm Pre Plus. As I see it, my phone is running faster already, will run the same OS when it is released, aside from a few changes it sounds like (maybe camera, the screen and few other cosmetic changes).. sounds like a waste of an upgrade in my honest opinion. I really hope something changes soon.
  19. #19  
    Last May? How many phones out today run at more than 1GHz?
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by squeezy View Post
    I have to admit... I hate the idea that I may have to use my upgrade to get a newer, rehashed Palm Pre Plus. As I see it, my phone is running faster already, will run the same OS when it is released, aside from a few changes it sounds like (maybe camera, the screen and few other cosmetic changes).. sounds like a waste of an upgrade in my honest opinion. I really hope something changes soon.
    You hit the nail on the head; I want the next Flagship device, but I don't want to waste my upgrade for something I can create with the use of Patches.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions