Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandez21 View Post
    a pre with a higher res display, faster processor, better battery, 32gb storage and a better keyboard would be fine by me, as long as it's priced under $150 and the screen is iphone display quality. I like the current pre's form factor.
    For all you want you should be prepared to spend more than 150.00. 200.00 to 250.00 would be more like it. Would hate to see what kind of materials go into a 150.00 smartphone.

Quote Originally Posted by sapient2k7 View Post
    I think there is nothing wrong with a higher spec'd phone. I think we all agree on the fact that a PRE Plus (or even a PRE) is a great phone even in its current state. An upgraded phone with better processor, memory and camera is nothing to sneeze at.

In the end the more choices we have the better.
    Sounds like you used to run Palm. I think the next three comments will show the error of your thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    Whatever the next Palm phone is, it can't be a mere spec bump and hope to have any market success. Spec bumps are like sequels. They are great when the first one was a hit. No hit, no sequel.

The iPhone got spec bumps because the first iPhone was a market changing success. The newer Droids are spec bumps of the original Droid. There would be no Motorola if they have just spec bumped the Razr. MS mobile efforts would just curl up and die if WP7 was just a spec bump to the Kin.

Palm can't survive, even as a wholly owned subsidiary, if all it releases is a spec bump to a product that was a market failure. They would be much better off waiting until they have their Droid moment, than releasing an interim product by which they will be judged and permanently dismissed.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    So the people who "agree" on the status quo being great already purchased the device, and those who don't agree (i.e. most everybody else in the market) have no reason to re-evaluate these devices or WebOS?

That is literally the worst possible scenario.
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    You think the Pre is a great phone in its current state? Good for you. The market disagrees. Palm should not be in the business of making phones for the people on this board. They have to make phones for the people who will never see this board. A spec bumped Pre will not cut it for the market that matters.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    This is also known as the Kin scenario. Release middling devices when you've already announced something major just one or two quarters away and watch the tumbleweed roll at retail.
    LMAO !!!! I can see tumbleweed right now in the Sprint stores. No wonder Hess is on everynight at primetime begging for customers.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinsin07 View Post
    For all you want you should be prepared to spend more than to 250.00 would be more like it. Would hate to see what kind of materials go into a 150.00 smartphone.
    lets see:
    verizon :
    droid x - $199
    droid incredible - $199
    droid 2 - $199
    samsung fasinate - $199

sprint :
    evo 4g - $199

t-mobile:
    htc hd2 - $99
    g2 - $199
    samsung vibrant - $199

at&t:
    iphone 4 - $199
    sony x10 - $149
    samsung captivate - $199

all of these handsets have the same specs that I was referring in my post and all are priced in the $149 - $199 (mostly $199), so I don't see it that unresonable for the pre 2 to be in this price range, and honestly to be competitive they should shoot for $149. I also wouldn't say that any of those device listed above have crappy build quality.
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12