1.    #1  
    Doing this was fun.

Here are a few other details that are not on the graphic:
    - Gorilla Glass capacitive touchscreen
    - 1 GB RAM
    - World phone (both CDMA and GSM radios)
    - 1650mAh battery
    - (Update: Dimensions: 5" x 3")
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by aberndotnet; 10/11/2010 at 04:05 PM.
    nice, i had a similiar design in mind..

btw that VK looks very real
    Wow, very nicely done. I love the feature set and how it's incorporated into the design of the phone.
    absolutely love the look of the back cover. don't care for the corners to be angled (cut off) so much. great work!
    WOW! i didnt think the work LCguy could be topped. That is freakin beautiful dude! Id buy it right now!
    Really good work!

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    wow! these mock-ups just keep getting hotter and hotter.
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    Nice! One can only hope something will be officially released close to these mockup's
    "I will go in this way, but I'll find my own way out." -DMB

Dear Lord,
    Please grant me the ability to punch people in the face over standard TCP/IP.
    Amen.
    Hot!!
    I like the concept but have a few reservations about the details of your design.

Pros or things I like:
    1. TI OMAP 4440 Processor
    2. Front and rear facing cameras
    3. Micro SD slot without a cover
    4. USB slot without a cover
    5. Touchstone compatible

Cons or things I’m not sure about:
    1. No physical keyboard – I think it will limit the number of people willing to buy the phone.
    2. Screen Size – The phone looks huge in the picture – You can still get a high resolution screen 960x640 without going to a 6.2” screen – a 4” screen is large enough.
    3. Magnesium Alloy back – An aluminum back will be as good at 1/3 the price of Magnesium and that amount of metal may make antenna placement a problem.
    4. Dual earpieces for left or right handed use of the phone is not necessary unless the phone is over 4” wide
    5. Dual microphones for left or right handed use of the phone is not necessary unless the phone is over 4” wide
    6. Microphones on the back for noise canceling may not be necessary - Most phone noise cancellation technology reduces background noise levels by enhancing speech frequencies but needs to be disabled to listen to music.

All and all a very good effort and the graphics are well done - nice job!
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by not-yet-pre View Post
    I like the concept but have a few reservations about the details of your design.

Pros or things I like:
    1. TI OMAP 4440 Processor
    2. Front and rear facing cameras
    3. Micro SD slot without a cover
    4. USB slot without a cover
    5. Touchstone compatible

Cons or things I’m not sure about:
    1. No physical keyboard – I think it will limit the number of people willing to buy the phone.
    2. Screen Size – The phone looks huge in the picture – You can still get a high resolution screen 960x640 without going to a 6.2” screen – a 4” screen is large enough.
    3. Magnesium Alloy back – An aluminum back will be as good at 1/3 the price of Magnesium and that amount of metal may make antenna placement a problem.
    4. Dual earpieces for left or right handed use of the phone is not necessary unless the phone is over 4” wide
    5. Dual microphones for left or right handed use of the phone is not necessary unless the phone is over 4” wide
    6. Microphones on the back for noise canceling may not be necessary - Most phone noise cancellation technology reduces background noise levels by enhancing speech frequencies but needs to be disabled to listen to music.

All and all a very good effort and the graphics are well done - nice job!
    Thanks for the detailed feedback. Pardon the omission of actual dimensions in my design, btw. I didn't intend for it to be 6".. but rather about 5"x3". I know there are different camps when it comes to keyboards, but I had to pick one and for this particular design I went with virtual. Some of the choices I made with hardware (2 mics, etc..) were really focused more on visual design as was called for on the contest announcement (I like symmetry, as you can probably tell). I split the earpiece into two because I wanted to put the webcam smack in the middle. I guess the mic holes can be small enough, that I can just have one and it won't offend the symmetry.
    Last edited by aberndotnet; 10/11/2010 at 05:29 PM.