1.    #1  
    I've made a decision, if Verizon comes out with an LTE 4G iPhone in Q1 of 2011, and Palm has not released a kick **** hardware phone for Spring, I'll be leaving WebOS for iOS.

Been thinking about this decision, and Palm is taking WAY too long to get another phone out. I prefer WebOS to any mobile platform, but Palm is taking a bit too long for my liking.

I know there are new phones coming, but everything I've read leans to GSM not CDMA, so therefore, no Sprint phones. If the rumor is even true, they are minor spec bumps, nothing huge.

Anyone else have insight on this? Would you switch?
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 10/11/2010 at 09:14 AM. Reason: Language
    Good for you and please keep things PG-13.

<<Thread Moved and post edited>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    If Verizon is going to a tiered data plan and are already charging $10.00 a month for a mandatory data plan and $10.00 a month for GPS – just think what they will charge for LTE. I for one will wait and see how things will shake out in early 2011 before making any claims as to what I am going to buy and what carrier I will use.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    My guess is that vzw is keeping the iPhone/Android strategy 2-tiered.... iPhone will be their phone for the "everyone in the middle" segment and Android for their 4G high-end users. Sound like a logical differentiation to me.
    I wonder if vzw will stay 6 months behind AT&T iPhone releases or if it too will get iPhone5 in June. I will wait for pricing / data limitations. Also, I do use a EAS account and I think that's a $15 premium on vzw. I have sprint everything 450 and assume the next webOS device will have 4G. So my plan price comparison has to be around 79.99/mo. LTE > 4G WiMax.
    Quote Originally Posted by konsole View Post
    I wonder if vzw will stay 6 months behind AT&T iPhone releases or if it too will get iPhone5 in June. I will wait for pricing / data limitations. Also, I do use a EAS account and I think that's a $15 premium on vzw. I have sprint everything 450 and assume the next webOS device will have 4G. So my plan price comparison has to be around 79.99/mo. LTE > 4G WiMax.
    If Apple goes multi-carrier soon, I guarantee their future U.S. launches will be carrier ubiquitous (as in all carriers will get the device(s) at the same time).
    I have the same dilemma but it doesn't really matter a whole lot because if I get an iphone, I'll get a Palmpad so I'm always going to have a webOS device. The real question is which OS are you most comfortable using most of the time. I'm not sure I can tolerate IOS all the time and losemultitasking ability. So I might just stick with iPod Touch and mobile hotspot on my phone like I had been doing. Either way, no big deal.

I guess my short answer would be both. I really like having the best of both worlds.
  8.    #8  
    Couple of false statements I've read.

1. Is isn't "definite" that the Verizon iPhone won't be LTE compatible. Verizon's own CEO came out and said he hopes Apple will develop a iPhone for CDMA and LTE when it comes to Verizon next year.

2. Just because Verizon gets an iPhone, doesn't mean the rest of the CDMA carriers (Sprint) will get it too.

3. Sprint is most likely going to tiered data plans next year per Sprint article. Sprint's CEO has already hinted this might happen.

4. I never knew "****" was not PG-13, that's a new one on me.

iOS has more apps and functionality, and with the specs being leaked for the Pre 2, I don't feel Palm is feeding the masses on a super-spec'd Pre. I love WebOS and it is FAR superior OS platform, but with lack of a powerful spec phone and less apps, somethings gonna give.

Ok, your turn again.
    Why do people care about GSM to CDMA?

They are both going to be around for a LONG TIME. Just because 4G on most carriers is going LTE/GSM doesn't mean that CDMA will not be used for 3G still.
  10.    #10  
    I don't care about GSM or CDMA..I care about 4G...LTE and WIMAX and how I can get it.
    vzw will have LTE phones in Q1. Odds are that Palm won't be one of them.
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    If palm doesn’t come up with something with more than a spec bump I am more than sure I am leaving palm I cant stand to see other people video chatting with their big 4.3 inch screen. H/palm better come up with something beating the evo if the want to keep long time sprint pre owners like me to stay around with all honesty I love tech new and up to date tech
    I'm getting really tired of all of this "Baww! I want a screen the size of my face, a processor that is still a year from being mass-produced, and an absurd quantity of storage and RAM! If Palm doesn't listen to me - and fast - I am going to troll every thread and website I can about how awesome Android devices are! Rabble rabble rabble I also hate the iPhone rabble rabble rabble!!" nonsense.

Just shut up already. No one cares if you're some ***** with an extreme case of gadget/***** envy. If your only input into the community is how much you're starting to hate Palm because they aren't fad-*****s like Motorola and HTC then I don't really see the point of you actively participating here.
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joe1blue View Post
    If palm doesn’t come up with something with more than a spec bump I am more than sure I am leaving palm I cant stand to see other people video chatting with their big 4.3 inch screen. H/palm better come up with something beating the evo if the want to keep long time sprint pre owners like me to stay around with all honesty I love tech new and up to date tech
    Translation: Waaah!! Waaahhh!! If a billions of dollars corporation won't do what I want them too, I'm taking my marbles and go play in another sand box!!

Honestly, I've seen more maturity out of 5 year old children than some of you guys.

Really, find a phone you like, and think - HP is going to release new webOS phones and devices in a business-like manner - according to a roadmap, and according to their resources. The Pre 2 is low hanging fruit and should come out first. I'd be surprised if no slab or landscape slider doesn't come soon after.

If HP webOS devices beyond the Pre 2 are what you want, wait for it or go get another phone in the meantime. Do what you need to do.

Your threats about leaving are meaningless to HP, and on this site the rest of us could not care any less.
  15.    #15  
    Not sure why they can't equip an HTC phone with WebOS.