View Poll Results: If the Pre 2 and Pixi 2 ARE the new devices of "early 2011" are you...?

Voters
175. You may not vote on this poll
  • Happy, they're exactly what I wanted - WebOS is back!

15 8.57%
  • OK with it but it's not what I'd hoped...

68 38.86%
  • Unhappy with them but I'm still with WebOS

51 29.14%
  • They suck, I'd leave WebOS if these are the new devices...

41 23.43%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    If the Pre 2 and Pixi 2 ARE the new devices of "early 2011" are you happy, upset..?
    I'm betting they are updates to the Pre plus, just like that phone updated the pre minus. Because if palm still wants to make "pre's"....why put old processor in it.

With that said, they will also release a totally new phone with new form factor. but also make new pre plus plus for people who want a cheaper phone or pre form factor.

Remember, Rahul said MULTIPLE phones coming out in 12 months.
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RanGT View Post
    I'm betting they are updates to the Pre plus, just like that phone updated the pre minus. Because if palm still wants to make "pre's"....why put old processor in it.

With that said, they will also release a totally new phone with new form factor. but also make new pre plus plus for people who want a cheaper phone or pre form factor.

Remember, Rahul said MULTIPLE phones coming out in 12 months.
    Just to play devil's advocate here, I am pretty sure he never actually said the word phones. I think he said devices, or form factors. Pixi, Pre, and a tablet would fit the definition of multiple devices or form factors.
    b4 getting bought up...i believe they were following apple's way...just spec bumps every so often (2g->3g->3gs: not much differences)...pre 2 n pixi 2 were already on their roadmap b4 being bought up and being part of hp (acquisition made release of devices delayed???)...so they may have no choice but release it now (r&d..testing...approval..all done). Now with being a apart of hp...they can follow htc/motorola/samsung by pushing out other form factors and mutiple devices...but also follow apple's route of refreshing devices every year with next gen software.
    these 'new' devices should have been the originals that should have been released if they had all this power & money behind it..pre, pre+,pixi,pixi+ were just test devices for gen 1 of web os. these spec bumps may be test devices for webos 2.0...just my insight.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    If the Pre 2 and Pixi 2 ARE the new devices of "early 2011" are you happy, upset..?
    Yeah I'm happy new devices are coming, but what are the specs of these devices? Not a soul knows!! So how could you be happy or disappointed if these are the next 2 devices coming, when you know next to nothing about them. Wait for 'TRUE' specs and then throw a poll up like this, right now were all just speculating that these are just slightly bumped up pre's and pixi's.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdog421 View Post
    Yeah I'm happy new devices are coming, but what are the specs of these devices? Not a soul knows!! So how could you be happy or disappointed if these are the next 2 devices coming, when you know next to nothing about them. Wait for 'TRUE' specs and then throw a poll up like this, right now were all just speculating that these are just slightly bumped up pre's and pixi's.
    Plus 1-googleplex zeros!!!!

Finally some....common sense!

(I kinda wish everyone who thinks the (yet unannounced) Pre\Pixi 2 would just defect. We added 200K users last quarter so they won't be missed and we won't have to read 2,452,668,794,322 "I'm leaving posts".)
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post
    Plus 1-googleplex zeros!!!!

Finally some....common sense!

(I kinda wish everyone who thinks the (yet unannounced) Pre\Pixi 2 would just defect. We added 200K users last quarter so they won't be missed and we won't have to read 2,452,668,794,322 "I'm leaving posts".)
    It's hard to me to understand how people who is loving the new "superphones" (my ideal name for this kind of devices is "brickphones") bought a Palm Pre. Palm's current catalog is for people who wants very portable devices, nearer to dumbphones in size. I people can't valuate Pre's size properly, they made a wrong choice from the beginning.

A friend has upgraded to a Samsung Galaxy and I can't understand his move. Yes, the device is much better in specs but for me its size is an absolute deal breaker.

My only concern is if Palm can strecht all the lastest specs in a Pre sized device. I don't need a 4" screen, I don't want a 4" screen.

--Sent using Tap@Talk for webOS
    Newness Developments apps:

heres what I know.....its the same form factor as the pre which means the bigger screen I want is NOT included. so, while I love webos, Id be disappointed in the hardware.

im thinking its possible the pre and pixi 2 release with webos 2

then we get new devices/form factors and tablets in january
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback View Post
    heres what I know.....its the same form factor as the pre which means the bigger screen I want is NOT included. so, while I love webos, Id be disappointed in the hardware.

im thinking its possible the pre and pixi 2 release with webos 2

then we get new devices/form factors and tablets in january
    And that's a good point, but that doesn't means that there aren't people who think the Pre's form factor is perfect as it is (the same for the Pixi's form factor: ask Blackberry users).

I'm really tired of people complaining about the possibility of a new Pre: why the hell you bought the Pre at the first time? there was plenty of slate form-factor devices with bigger screens when the Pre arrived.

Said that, I'm sure a slated device will sell greatly (better than Pre and Pixi), but that doesn't means that keyboarded formats aren't absolutely great for some kind of people.
    Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post
    And that's a good point, but that doesn't means that there aren't people who think the Pre's form factor is perfect as it is (the same for the Pixi's form factor: ask Blackberry users).

I'm really tired of people complaining about the possibility of a new Pre: why the hell you bought the Pre at the first time? there was plenty of slate form-factor devices with bigger screens when the Pre arrived.

Said that, I'm sure a slated device will sell greatly (better than Pre and Pixi), but that doesn't means that keyboarded formats aren't absolutely great for some kind of people.
    there are people who would want it, hence making a pre/pixi 2 to begin with

but most of us bought the pre for the operating system, NOT the physical phone. most of us just settled for the actual phone.
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    While it's interesting to see what people would think if this poll's premise was the case (I voted), I really, most seriously doubt that it's the case. I would be beyond shocked.
    pretty sure raul said multiple 'devices' not multiple phones.
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    I would have voted for: I am willing wait to see the specs before passing judgment. As is, I didn't vote in the poll.
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    pretty sure raul said multiple 'devices' not multiple phones.

Rahul said exactly "multiple form factors of phones and web connected devices." (I've been reading it a few hours before)

--Sent using Tap@Talk for webOS
    Newness Developments apps:

I would be happy if released b4 thanksgiving... If they wait till next yr these phones will be out dated crap.. 320x400 ? 800x ? W/ 1ghz .? I want a phone that's ahead of the comp. A phone that will make ppl say hey is that the new palm / hp ? I'm tired of them always being 1 step behind ...
    I’m OK with it because I am happy with my patched Pre Plus just the way it is, but for the webOS community I hope the HP and Palm will deliver a line of super smartphones in early 2011.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    If the next Pre is 4G I would be happy as a clam. Apple hit on a great form factor and hasn't felt the need to substantially change it in years. Palm presumably feels much the same way, and as long as some of the Pre's foibles are rectified and other parts upgraded why not keep on with it?
    WebOS toasters with dedicated bagel apps are all I'm looking for.
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    I won't buy the new "Roadrunner" if it locks me for another year. I want to be free when the Dual-Core OMAP4 phone is released. I'm good with my launch day Pre until then.
    Dave Cook | Fort Myers, Florida | Palm pre | Touchstone | Vaja iVolution Deco
    It looks like as if the new Pre 2 is gonna be the same as the original with spec bump. E.g. iPhone 3G to iPhone 3GS... but most of us would like to see the new Pre 2 with HD, higher MP camera and more solid finish...

P.S. Raul Sood did mention and said " We won't be disappointed " sooooo we shall see...
    Cingular 3125 --> Samsung Instink! --> Palm Pre --> ???
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast