View Poll Results: If the Pre 2 and Pixi 2 ARE the new devices of "early 2011" are you...?

Voters
175. You may not vote on this poll
  • Happy, they're exactly what I wanted - WebOS is back!

15 8.57%
  • OK with it but it's not what I'd hoped...

68 38.86%
  • Unhappy with them but I'm still with WebOS

51 29.14%
  • They suck, I'd leave WebOS if these are the new devices...

41 23.43%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    The "Superphone" needs a killer lens for the camera. Panasonic used a Lumix lens with their forthcoming device. The phone has a 13.2 megapixel image sensor behind a 27mm wide-angle lens.

http://pcworld.co.nz/pcworld/pcw.nsf...ElemFormat=jpg

It would be sweet if HP and Palm got together with Leica. Now, that would grab everyone's attention.
    Dave Cook | Fort Myers, Florida | Palm pre | Touchstone | Vaja iVolution Deco
  2.    #22  
    Well, looks like this was right! SFR confirms. So...anyone changing their vote or still the same?
  3.    #23  
    What a major FAIL. The new phone is uglier than the Palm Pre but with the same size screen, the same lip around the keyboard - THIS is what they've spent the last 15+ months working on?!

http://images.precentral.net/sites/p...alm-pre-2.jpeg
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Everyone keeps defending Palm in releasing an incremental upgrade of the Pre for the "Pre 2" by pointing to the iPhone and the Droid.

The problem is that both of these phones were unparalleled success. A sequel was/is warranted until the consumer dictates otherwise.

As much as I like my Pre, it was NOT a success or Palm would still just be Palm right now. Like it or not, the market has spoken about the Pre and it did not offer words of encouragement. It's sort of like a movie studio releasing a sequel to "Jersey Girl" or "Gigli" (both coincidentally starring Ben Affleck, btw).

WebOS (arguably) WAS a success. How many comments did you read/hear from people about "Love the OS, BUT..." and usually you heard a comment about the a) plasticky feeling, b) some hardware defect, c) battery life, or d) screen size? IF this is the only WebOS device that Palm was working on prior to being bought by HP, it's as if they listened to 1 out of 10 complaints about the Pre and decided to address it about 8 months too late.
    Quote Originally Posted by iTz Nicholas72 View Post
    I don't care about when the new devices come out as long as it helps my HP stock. I'll hopefullt be using a iPhone by "Early 2011"...
    Here's a forgotten feature on the forum...

1. On the top bar, click User CP
    2. On the side bar, click Edit Ignore List
    3. In the Ignore List section, where the box says Add a Member to your List..., type "iTz", and select "iTz Nicholas72" in the box that shows up automatically
    4. Click Okay

This should lower some blood pressure.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidal View Post
    IF this is the only WebOS device that Palm was working on prior to being bought by HP, it's as if they listened to 1 out of 10 complaints about the Pre and decided to address it about 8 months too late.
    +1
  7. Vij
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    What a major FAIL. The new phone is uglier than the Palm Pre but with the same size screen, the same lip around the keyboard - THIS is what they've spent the last 15+ months working on?!
    [/IMG]

Do you really believe that this is what Palm and HP have been working on for 15+ months? It's a leak of 1 device of a multi-device roadmap. Read some of the other recent articles posted here.
    Very disappointed by the leaked new phones. These are not phones that will catapult the Palm Pre and WebOS into the limelight
    If the price is right and it has 2.0 I'd buy it and wait for the next MEGA PRE to come out...AND drop in price! (I still haven't played half the games I bought during the .99 sale from Glu Mobile and the half price days of the app catalog!).
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by Vij View Post
    Do you really believe that this is what Palm and HP have been working on for 15+ months? It's a leak of 1 device of a multi-device roadmap. Read some of the other recent articles posted here.
    Sometimes you need to take an exit off your road when your behind the game.

ie. Windows Moblow 5 ... 6 ... 6.1 ... 6.5 ... ohhh s^%@ take next exit, Windows Phone 7
    Sprint Pre - Starfighter Kernel
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spudland View Post
    If the price is right and it has 2.0 I'd buy it and wait for the next MEGA PRE to come out...AND drop in price!
    Yep same here, if the price is right I'm buying. But there's still a chance that another roadrunner with the HDeez is running around and this sfr model is a lower end one.

I'll save my vote for when it all becomes official.
    Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post
    I don't need a 4" screen, I don't want a 4" screen.
    I do want, I do need. Preferably, in 640x960 resolution (2x Pre's resolution on each axis, coincidentally, equal to iP4's). And in Pre's form factor - vertical "pebble" slider (could be slightly bigger, though - I am always saying this).

I daresay more people do wan't bigger screens, than don't. Android's sales figures might hint a thing or two on that, I believe.

Regards,
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    +100
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    If palm doesn’t come up with something with more than a spec bump I am more than sure I am leaving palm I cant stand to see other people video chatting with their big 4.3 inch screen. H/palm better come up with something beating the evo if the want to keep long time sprint pre owners like me to stay around with all honesty I love tech new and up to date tech
    Quote Originally Posted by mich.bushi View Post
    I do want, I do need. Preferably, in 640x960 resolution (2x Pre's resolution on each axis, coincidentally, equal to iP4's). And in Pre's form factor - vertical "pebble" slider (could be slightly bigger, though - I am always saying this).

I daresay more people do wan't bigger screens, than don't. Android's sales figures might hint a thing or two on that, I believe.

Regards,
    Quote Originally Posted by iTz Nicholas72 View Post
    I don't care about when the new devices come out as long as it helps my HP stock. I'll hopefullt be using a iPhone by "Early 2011"...
    I cant say it enough, but you remember

you may as well register over at TiPB Registration now since you love it so much.

have fun...

i hate to say it but i dont think youll be missed
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    If this came out (for Sprint) in November I would be Happy and I would definitely get it, if this comes out in December I'll probably still be happy and pick one up.

If this phone does not come out until some time early next year... well that's ok I guess, but by then I will have a new phone. I am eligible for a full upgrade on Dec 1st and my Pre is currently hanging on by a thread. I need hew hardware sooner than later and if something Palm branded is not put out by then or at least announced to be released shortly after, then I am moving on to something else. I hate to do it, but I hate missing calls because my speaker is broken, barely hearing the calls I do answer because my ear speaker is going out, and having a non functioning touch screen because it is cracked, even more.
    Sprint Customer since 2001
    Palm User since 2004
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12