Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    The iphone 4 was revealed months before the announcement by their prototype mishap. The Evo leaked in photos months before announcement too. Is Palm keeping it on the down low????
    HP has a good history of keeping the lid on things until they want to take it off. It's a blend of careful planning, good lawyers and luck.

<<Thread Moved>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  3.    #3  
    Yea but even with the Plus versions, we did not find out till maybe the day before with doubt.
    Also you have the benefit of Palm kind of dropping off everyone's radars. Who knows, Palm could've left their next phone in a bar, but if the person who finds it has no idea it could just end up in a lost in found box instead of a tech blog's hands.
    On top of that until CES 2009 No one knew what Palm was Planning. Thats when we actually saw our first accounts of the Pre and WebOS
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
  6.    #6  
    Yea true webOs came out of no where
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    And Voila! The Pre arrived in stores only 5-6 months later! The Pixi was leaked months ahead of time.
    lol which is what killed them. The buzz died down, and when the expectation was not met with ok hardware and a buggy OS, holes punched in the PALM SHIP.
    I really think there was NO "pipeline" of phones up untill recently... truly vaporware for hardware this whole time(up untill recently). Remember the Pre phone is almost 2 years old (including time before launch)...

BUT i can say they def have been working on the software.
  9.    #9  
    i would of rather them release a buggier pre than wait 6 months from announcement..btw
    Quote Originally Posted by hollabak009 View Post
    i would of rather them release a buggier pre than wait 6 months from announcement..btw
    really I couldnt imagine if you mean the first pre on sprint. when I got it that thing was slow motion and madddddd buggy. If it came before that version it would be like launching Angry Birds on a tandy 1000.
    either way... they are pushing a YEAR and a Half before any new phone when the whole world expects an almost yearly cycle.. There is NO buzz no nothing.. At this point they might as well wait longer for a good phone.. and an AMAZING marketing plan... they already use singers/rappers/athletes in their laptop commercials... use them again to say how awesome the phone is.

At this point... i really don't give a F what they do it's made me sick. Now if it happens it happens heck the new rumors say new phone in first part of 2011 now we are pushing 2 years for new hardware. 2 years of me checking precentral fontpage hoping for "New WebOS Phone!!!" but every day it doesn't.
    As buggy as it was.. it was still better then the balckberry storm at launch.. that phone didn't even know what side was up! and up to 20 seconds to launch the phone app. Either way 2 years for a new phone for a company that ran out of money... not bad... not good either
    I never thought the pre was that buggy at launch. I don't know why that's always said. It wasn't as full featured as I'd have liked but I don't remember any bugs.
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    Actually, about a day or so before, everyone was talking NOVA. Now, we all know what NOVA means now, but there was a small idea that Palm was doing something brand new like an OS.

However, the Palm Pre came out of nowhere. Nobody freakin new. Hell, nobody freakin searched for it. Now, people are looking, but we only got docs.

FYI, I know a bunch of people who do testing on prototypes and such. And while I'm sorta bounded by secrecy, a reason why stuff doesn't get out is cause these prototypes are locked air tight. I've seen stuff where the device will brick if you take it about 500 feet from your location.
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    Also you have the benefit of Palm kind of dropping off everyone's radars. Who knows, Palm could've left their next phone in a bar, but if the person who finds it has no idea it could just end up in a lost in found box instead of a tech blog's hands.
    LOL, I could see that happening

I can say that they haven't left any at my bar. Flying Saucer on Huebner in San Antonio, TX. Palm you reading this, hint, hint, nudge, nudge, know what I mean? I'm usaly there on Wednsday nights if you'd like to join me for a drink and leave behind a prototype new webOS device. I'll be the one arguing with Android/iPhone users, can't miss me.
    The iphone 4 was revealed months before the announcement by their prototype mishap. The Evo leaked in photos months before announcement too. Is Palm keeping it on the down low????
    MAYBE we have seen the next phone! it just is exactly the same as the pre plus lol
    I wouldn't want them to release something that's buggy over holding off. They aren't Apple so they can't get away with releasing a buggy device like that.
    On the one hand, nobody is really digging through Palm's dumpsters, but yes, Palm has done a VERY good job of keeping their new devices secret over the last few years.
    Additionally, how much is a Palm leak worth to a checkbook journalist as compared to an iPhone, BB, or W7 leak? Would the NYT and WSJ even mention it? Probably not. Such a leak would only matter to a very few on boards like this. So, it wouldn't even make much sense for Palm to leak at this point.
  20.    #20  
    they still get some coverage that a slight leak will give some headlines on tech blogs
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast