Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    This was probably already posted somewhere in the forums, but I just saw it today:
    HP readying WebOS phones for early 2011 | The Digital Home - CNET News

So at least there's SOME news about new hardware...
    Easy to hide something you don't have?????????
    Quote Originally Posted by antonio3 View Post
    I really think there was NO "pipeline" of phones up untill recently... truly vaporware for hardware this whole time(up untill recently). Remember the Pre phone is almost 2 years old (including time before launch)...

BUT i can say they def have been working on the software.
    Then you are straight up calling Ruby a liar. He said multiple times, before and after the HP acquisition that new hardware was in the pipeline.

I don't know if you work in the corporate world, but when a company is acquired it's not like handing over the keys to the building. Projects get pushed back, budgets get restructured and management gets shifted.

Things seem to be settling down now so I expect some movement over the next couple months.

To say they never had any hardware in the pipeline is ridiculous IMO.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Quote Originally Posted by cheese3915 View Post
    MAYBE we have seen the next phone! it just is exactly the same as the pre plus lol
    That would make sense given the other details we have, especially if they've passed the units on to carriers with webos 2.0 preloaded, anybody testing it might not even realise the hardware has changed.
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    To say they never had any hardware in the pipeline is ridiculous IMO.
    There's a real difference between nothing in the pipeline and

Quote Originally Posted by antonio3 View Post
    I really think there was NO "pipeline" of phones up untill recently...
    A "pipeline of phone" implies multiple devices, at different stages of development to me, and that I doubt exited, if at all, until recently. I fully expect they had something in development, the issue is how many somethings, and how developed.

Exaggeration vs lies, perhaps?
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
    Quote Originally Posted by tirk View Post
    There's a real difference between nothing in the pipeline and

A "pipeline of phone" implies multiple devices, at different stages of development to me, and that I doubt exited, if at all, until recently. I fully expect they had something in development, the issue is how many somethings, and how developed.

Exaggeration vs lies, perhaps?
    Fair enough. I assumed he meant there was nothing in the pipeline at all. Thanks for clarifying.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    During the long long wait for the Pre after CES, people said, "They are taking a lot of time but I would rather they get all the bugs out before they release it" - a false dichotomy. Of course, it was released late AND was buggy.
    this was a Poor Palm , Not a Rich HP
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    this was a Poor Palm , Not a Rich HP
    Some tasks take a set amount of time no matter how much money you can throw at them. Final integration and testing is kinda like that. Any task that requires a lot of coordination will be like that. It is actually possible to make a late software task later by adding more people to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    Some tasks take a set amount of time no matter how much money you can throw at them. Final integration and testing is kinda like that. Any task that requires a lot of coordination will be like that. It is actually possible to make a late software task later by adding more people to it.
    Agreed, however not having enough staff will usually prolong the project. Look at webOS 1.0

--Sent using Tap@Talk for webOS
    ok with knowing what we know now.. and the "Pre 2" popping out.. with a spec bump. What do you think about Palms original "phones already in development"? I think they went back to revisit their cad drawings after HP got involved and re-booted their ideas along with HP's vision in mind.. again we are pushing 2 years for hardware at this point. The spec bump is there so they can show off WebOS 2.0 before CES and give us a minor lube job till the big guns come out in Jan.... i really think we are going to see some sick Phones then... then 3-6 months after CES actually see the real phones. Unless they are planning on surprising us with something sooner... but i doubt it as the iPhone verizon launch will take ALL headlines.
  11.    #31  
    pre 2 has no HP influence on development
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    LOL, I could see that happening

I can say that they haven't left any at my bar. Flying Saucer on Huebner in San Antonio, TX. Palm you reading this, hint, hint, nudge, nudge, know what I mean? I'm usaly there on Wednsday nights if you'd like to join me for a drink and leave behind a prototype new webOS device. I'll be the one arguing with Android/iPhone users, can't miss me.
    Really? Flying Saucer! Our MINI Cooper club has our Dallas North Happy Hour at the Addison FS. My MIL lives at Patriot Heights and sometimes we swing over to your FS when we visit her. Interesting, the last time I was there in the evening, it was about the time that the lost iPhone debacle was occuring. I kept looking/waiting for someone to lose another.
    Author of Exch-Calc, Dog Years, Cat Years and all future creations of Pre-zy Software. Available in the Application Catalog.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12