1.    #1  
    ANY SURPRISE that Microsoft's Windows Phone 7 delivers a good experience might be tempered by the announcement that Microsoft has licensed technology from Palm.

<<Link deleted as SPAM>>
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 10/18/2010 at 10:24 AM.
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    man that website was killer on my pre for some reason and that rarely happens. Funny story though.
    and it was 74 patents too WOW, but you know Palm used to work with microsoft, and HP and microsoft have a 25year partnership so to me it wasnt that much unexpected. I think we will see alot of microsoft,HPpalm working together from now on...cough cough dual boot tablets windows 7, webos.....or even a dual boot phone webos/windowsphone7 hmmmm
    I'm pretty sure that the patents are not from webos or palm. The patents are from access or palmsoirce concerning PalmOS, not webOS.
    microsoft will want some of that instant on tech that hp bought up earlier this year.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Yeah, that article points to the new owner of PalmOS, not webOS.
    Really bad blog, the article has nothing to do with the most recent itterations of Palm or webOS. It is mostly about IP from PalmOS or previous itterations of Palm that HP doesn't have anything to do with.
    Isn't that typical of most blogs?
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    If this is true, it should be front page news on Precentral this is a big deal.... what tech could they possibly be licensing??
    Not this one, hopefully. Watch the front page. {Jonathan}
    Prof. Jonathan I. Ezor
    Writer, PreCentral
    Past Palm Real Reviewer
    @webOSquire on Twitter
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Why should this be front page news? The guy who wrote that apparently can't read. PalmOS was owned by PalmSource when they were spun off from Palm. PalmSource was purchased by Access (who later renamed the OS "Garnet". Microsoft signed a licensing deal with Access and another company Acacia, not Palm (HP).

Although Palm has a free lifetime license to PalmOS and exclusive rights to publishing it under the name "PalmOS", they no longer own the particular intellectual properties that Microsoft licensed.

Regardless, it sounds to me like more of this was about licensing patents from Acacia (who is currently suing RIM, Apple, Samsung, and Moto) than licensing PalmOS from Access.

One could speculate that Access/Acadia has decided the time is right to sue all the big smartphone players unless they license their technologies. I wonder if Palm/HP is exempt from some or all of such lawsuits from Accessbecause of that
    Quote Originally Posted by ahitz View Post
    Why should this be front page news? The guy who wrote that apparently can't read. PalmOS was owned by PalmSource when they were spun off from Palm. PalmSource was purchased by Access (who later renamed the OS "Garnet". Microsoft signed a licensing deal with Access and another company Acacia, not Palm (HP).

Although Palm has a free lifetime license to PalmOS and exclusive rights to publishing it under the name "PalmOS", they no longer own the particular intellectual properties that Microsoft licensed.

Regardless, it sounds to me like more of this was about licensing patents from Acacia (who is currently suing RIM, Apple, Samsung, and Moto) than licensing PalmOS from Access.

One could speculate that Access/Acadia has decided the time is right to sue all the big smartphone players unless they license their technologies. I wonder if Palm/HP is exempt from some or all of such lawsuits from Accessbecause of that
    This.

Acacia are simply patent trolls. Trying to tie this example of extortion to Palm or WebOS in any way is an incredible stretch.
    Here's some more interesting things going on. Looks like everybody is suing everybody
    (Motorola vs Apple) & (Microsoft vs Motorola)
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel