1.    #1  
    HP Photosmart Printers with TouchSmart Screen

I am not sure where to put this but I figured off-topic forum would not cause to much trouble. Anyways,all day I noticed this ad from HP on different webpages (mostly yahoo). I thought other people would find it interesting.

I think what HP wants to do with webOS on the printer is get even better integration. So that there would be no need to email to print from a mobile device but you just head over to the printer and access your documents and files for printing.

When I first heard about the idea I thought it was really lame. Now after seeing it in action I wouldn't mind having a printer with that functionality. It would make things a lot easier.
    Hi zulfaquar621, no problem posting it in here
    There is also a thread about HP ePrint over here if you want to check it out:
    http://forums.precentral.net/cross-p...-printers.html

Great link though... I hadn't seen that one from HP. This makes me more excited to see what their marketing powerhouse will do when new hardware hits!
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Hi zulfaquar621, no problem posting it in here
    There is also a thread about HP ePrint over here if you want to check it out:
    http://forums.precentral.net/cross-p...-printers.html

Great link though... I hadn't seen that one from HP. This makes me more excited to see what their marketing powerhouse will do when new hardware hits!
    I actually thought the same thing about the marketing.

I think that if they do a similar marketing campaign for webOS people will actually understand what it is capable of.

Also, you can merge this thread with the other if you want.
    Actually, I put in a request to have this thread moved to one of the main forums. The link you found is an awesome example of what HP wants to do with printing from webOS devices. Great find!
    Wow, they even have their own printer apps!

HP ePrintCenter
    <thread moved>

Quote Originally Posted by Furuboru View Post
    Wow, they even have their own printer apps!
    HP ePrintCenter
    Yup... here come the widgets!
    I just bought one of the new HP printers with ePrint and it works flawlessly. I can print anything from my phone by just sending an email to the printer. The lag is about 10 seconds from the time I click send to the time the printer starts printing.

And I would have never purchased an HP printer if they hadn't bought Palm. :-)
    Last edited by Oversteer325; 10/08/2010 at 02:48 PM.
    The Pre Plus looks nice doing that!
    1. Why would I buy a whole printer for this. Why can't HP just integrate drivers into the next webOS phone, or release drivers for the different platforms? Why not do something like AirPrint; no special printer required?

2. What is the HP marketing muscle of which everyone speaks? What are the great HP ad campaigns? When are they aired? I have never seen a compelling HP ad for any product. I recall "Invent" being their motto, but I can't think of a single thing they invented. Is there an example of these ads floating around?
    Last edited by dandbj13; 10/09/2010 at 06:46 AM.
    A little off topic, but I love using that interface on my touchscreen. It just feels awesome.

Back on topic, what do you guys think the chances of them back-loading webOS on any of their existing printers? I want a new printer, but I'd like to get one with webOS on it, if possible, just because I love it so much
    Quote Originally Posted by A.Stice View Post
    what do you guys think the chances of them back-loading webOS on any of their existing printers? I want a new printer, but I'd like to get one with webOS on it, if possible, just because I love it so much
    I'd say Slim to None... and Slim left town
    I figured. I'll give them a few months to announce one with webOS on it, but I'm getting a new one for next school year regardless. Too much awesome in being able to print from my phone.
    OK, the "Pre" in the "INTRODUCING HP ePRINT" doesn't look like an original Pre or a Pre Plus. I see a horizontal bar or line where the original pre has the sliver button. Isn't the Plus just black here? Am I just missing something here or could this be a Pre 2? I also nocied that when I click on this image, it goes to a close-up of the Pre and the top left of the Pre's screen says "Palm", no mention of HP... Interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    OK, the "Pre" in the "INTRODUCING HP ePRINT" doesn't look like an original Pre or a Pre Plus. I see a horizontal bar or line where the original pre has the sliver button. Isn't the Plus just black here? Am I just missing something here or could this be a Pre 2?
    It's the Pre Plus. That's what the gesture area looks like after you stroke it (briefly).
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    1. Why would I buy a whole printer for this. Why can't HP just integrate drivers into the next webOS phone, or release drivers for the different platforms? Why not do something like AirPrint; no special printer required?

2. What is the HP marketing muscle of which everyone speaks? What are the great HP ad campaigns? When are they aired? I have never seen a compelling HP ad for any product. I recall "Invent" being their motto, but I can't think of a single thing they invented. Is there an example of these ads floating around?
    Well, HP owns 40% of printer market share world wide & 50% in the states by this article so they must be doing something right, don't you think?

HP grabs printer market share | ZDNet