Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    http://forums.precentral.net/attachm...almpeakweb.jpg

I tried to really make it have palm's style, from the very blurred and muted backgrounds to WebOS's default custom font.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by DanLipson; 10/16/2010 at 11:01 PM.
    Palm Pre. Sprint.

View My Mockup!
    Should we expect it sometime around 4:20?
    oh yay, yet another pre that looks like an iPhone...
    Moto Razr>>BlackBerry 8703e>>Moto Q>>Blackberry Curve 8330>>Blackberry Storm>>Palm Pre +
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by callen10 View Post
    oh yay, yet another pre that looks like an iPhone...
    It's a similar shape to an iPhone, but size and especially materials and keyboarded-ness, are very different.
    However, I do think the iPhone is an example of beautiful hardware design and styling.

edit: just because a phone has rounded corners and a touch screen doesn't mean it's an iPhone clone.
    Last edited by DanLipson; 10/07/2010 at 10:56 PM.
    Palm Pre. Sprint.

View My Mockup!
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    I like it i think the edge to edge screen is pretty cool.
    I don't care what you say SPRINT kicks
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    I thought for a second the white one was actually a slide out screen for a virtual keyboard / 2nd touch display.

For just a minute, I thought WOW, that's innovative!
    Love the screen, I hope this is exactly what we get. No physical keyboard please, just hit me up with swype.
    I like it...the look of it is iphone, but it has the added webOS/HP/Palm sleek appearance. Appears to have a larger screen and nice lines. Keyboard? Physical (slideout) or virtual...whichever, I'm sure consumers will have the option of either when the entire line rolls out.

Let's see what HP/Palm is up to...my upgrade date cometh.
    Todd
    Centro/PRE-Sprint
    if that were built apple would sue.

And screen and now back covers breaking consistently, and antenna issues hardly qualify as great hardware.
    Not sure how you can count these as all "iphone copies." There really isn't much you can do with a touchscreen on a rectangular shape.
    THIS IS HOW WE HANDLE BUSINESS
    Quote Originally Posted by glassadam View Post
    Not sure how you can count these as all "iphone copies." There really isn't much you can do with a touchscreen on a rectangular shape.
    not make it rectangular? make it look like a palm device? what happened to the river stone concept?
    Here Ill help...
    http://forums.precentral.net/future-...on-mockup.html

<Mod edit: please don't cross-post>
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 10/07/2010 at 11:05 PM. Reason: cross-posting
    So anything rectangular and has some space at the top and bottom of screen are automatically iphone copies? Sigh.
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Furuboru View Post
    So anything rectangular and has some space at the top and bottom of screen are automatically iphone copies? Sigh.
    What else would we call them? functional?

we have to defend palm and attack apple at every chance or we're just being apple fan-boys...

right?
    Palm Pre. Sprint.

View My Mockup!
    **Folks.. there are many people posting mock-ups here and we encourage it. It's awesome that people are pulling out some talents and sharing ideas. Please be courteous to those posting their images and ideas - even if you don't agree with a concept. After all, that's what they are - concepts.
    Just saying some people arent being honest with their inspirations.....
    Copies, shcmopies..That is a sharp phone(s)...configured with 4g/larger, sharper screen, camera upgrade, front facing camera, 1 gHz min. processor...just leave room in the back for the 2600 fat battery and we're in!
    Todd
    Centro/PRE-Sprint
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemsonPre View Post
    Just saying some people arent being honest with their inspirations.....
    My inspirations for this design include, the dell lightning, palm pixi, palm pre, iphone 4, imac, unibody mac mini, amazon kindle, and epic 4g, desire Z, WebOS 2.0, the HTC One concept, and bose triport around ear headphones.
    Last edited by DanLipson; 10/09/2010 at 11:02 AM.
    Palm Pre. Sprint.

View My Mockup!
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    I like the long LED section in the gesture area. If, instead of a left, middle, and right LED, it was more of a continuous wave effect, that'd be pretty nice on back and forward gestures. Then LED notifications could be customized based on app - a left-to-right wave, right-to-left, middle-out, full pulse, etc.
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ahitz View Post
    I like the long LED section in the gesture area. If, instead of a left, middle, and right LED, it was more of a continuous wave effect, that'd be pretty nice on back and forward gestures. Then LED notifications could be customized based on app - a left-to-right wave, right-to-left, middle-out, full pulse, etc.
    I actually put it in for three reasons.
    1- the body is an aluminum alloy which would not work well with capacitive touch receptors.
    2- It would glow around the finger in a gesture instead of as a trail behind on the pre and pixi.
    3- I thought it would look classy to mirror the exact dimensions and placement of the speaker grill above.

edit: plus it would allow more options in future versions of WebOS which, like you said, could be applied in different ways.
    Palm Pre. Sprint.

View My Mockup!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast