1.    #1  
    I just read today about HP (Palm)'s new device will have the same form factor as the current Pre. The public's view is already tainted and many will not perceive it as new and different. The form factor leans away from current trends, although this could be a good thing, I think it's proven not to really be the case. Finally for the same device design to come out in fall of 2010, like was anticipated, might not be so bad. - But coming out with the same design more than 2 years later; I think it really a mistake. Wondering what ya'all think?

TS
    there are already a few threads for saying yr opinion on this subject,,why start another?all you got to do to see what everyone thinks is read the threads that are moving very fast for 2 days now.
  3.    #3  
    Well ok I didn't see them. Delete me, then shoot me.
    Quote Originally Posted by landford View Post
    Well ok I didn't see them. Delete me, then shoot me.
    Hey no reason for violence...

I want a little more proof than this speculation.

Open/close can also mean flip style.. Or landscape

Same back cover? So ? It can be easily done with another form factor... Even with a larger screen.

If it is a supped up Pre Plus it will for sure be made of other materials, other than what they have used in the past so either way I'm not worried

--Sent using Tap@Talk for webOS
    Sorry but I'm having a hard time finding the other threads about the new phone as well.

Links?

I personally don't think it is a good idea if that is what they are doing.

Not gonna waste my upgrade on basically the same phone as I have any
    more then I'm gonna waste $100 on an insurance replacement when I can
    put that $100 towards a new state of the art current phone!
    First of all guys, chill out.

As I mentioned in the other thread, it's quite possible that Palm's updating the Pre, and pushing it down as a mid-range phone, for people who don't need that many features. Not everyone wants a "superphone". If the price is right, there's nothing wrong with that. If anything, it helps Palm clear out remaining Pre parts through parts sharing. If that's the case, the phone is CLEARLY not intended for upgraders, that's what Roadrunner HD or Mansion is for. This phone is for people who want to step up from a Pixi or a lower-cost way of experiencing webOS, and hoping the users will upgrade to the superphone later. If priced right I would imagine it would be able to steal a lot of sales from the crowd who intends to get a texting phone and move them into the smartphone world.

Don't forget afterall smartphone is still only the minority of the entire cell phone market at about 20%. There's no point of just going after tech chasers that is a small fraction of that 20%.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIΙ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    First of all guys, chill out.

As I mentioned in the other thread, it's quite possible that Palm's updating the Pre, and pushing it down as a mid-range phone, for people who don't need that many features. Not everyone wants a "superphone". If the price is right, there's nothing wrong with that. If anything, it helps Palm clear out remaining Pre parts through parts sharing. If that's the case, the phone is CLEARLY not intended for upgraders, that's what Roadrunner HD or Mansion is for. This phone is for people who want to step up from a Pixi or a lower-cost way of experiencing webOS, and hoping the users will upgrade to the superphone later. If priced right I would imagine it would be able to steal a lot of sales from the crowd who intends to get a texting phone and move them into the smartphone world.

Don't forget afterall smartphone is still only the minority of the entire cell phone market at about 20%. There's no point of just going after tech chasers that is a small fraction of that 20%.
    Again everything about the phone aside from the speed is all speculation

--Sent using Tap@Talk for webOS
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 10/07/2010 at 10:17 PM. Reason: edited quoted text
  8.    #8  
    Well, I can see it as a low level upgrade - but I think most are wondering about the big upgrade. I guess when HP took over it there was too much of a build up as to what and when the next big thing would happen and I fell into that hopeful trap. - I think most around here might feel the same??
    I would love to have the Pre 2 and or future WebOs devices to be made form metal such as stainless steel or aluminum. No more plastic
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RacingInIowa.com View Post
    Sorry but I'm having a hard time finding the other threads about the new phone as well.

Links?
    Click on PreCentral Forums and near the bottom there is a forum dealing with "Future Palm Devices."
  11.    #11  
    OK OK I usually hang in Pre forum I didn't even know this existed!!