Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
    I hear ya shadavis,,i was really being sarcastic. Really just saying no matter what it is there will be people to complain,criticize,and just be unhappy.
    sounds like the same battery to me. If not omap 4, we screwed.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post

not quite the omap 3630 is supposed to be much better on battery life and is clocked at 1ghz.

although i'm with you i'd much rather have the dual core omap 4
    i dunno, the hottest new HTC device to hit is less than 1 ghz

from engadget:
    The G2 sports a Qualcomm MSM7230 CPU clocked at 800MHz, 512MB of RAM, 4GB of internal storage, and has a microSD card expandable to 32GB (it comes with an 8GB card). The display is a 3.7-inch, 800 x 480 capacitive touchscreen (S-TFT), and the phone sports a 5 megapixel camera with LED flash, capable of 720p video. Of course there is WiFi here (802.11b/g/n), along with Bluetooth 2.1, an AGPS chip, proximity sensor, and an accelerometer.

If the new palm comes to market in the next month, and is competitive with above, AND we get 2.0 with all the Mic/camera API's we have been promised, it will be, well, competitive.

let us not forget that the most recent VP to talk about webOS said phones, as in plural, so who knows, perhaps one now, and more later, its not out of the question.
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Droid X is Omap 3630 which is 1ghz, 720p video, HDMI out, 8MP Camera support. Much easier on battery than 3430..
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    see the Droid X specs...I believe this Palm phone will have almost the same specs based on the OMAP 3630, but with a smaller screen size than the Droid X, which probably resulted in the 1150 mAh battery instead of the 1570 used in the Droid...check out the competition:

http://www.androidcentral.com/sites/...g_nexusone.jpg
    IDK, I'm tired of being optomistic w/ palm. It's always aroung the corner, coming soon, etc. It's getting old fast. A 1GHz, single core will not dazzle me. My Pre has been there, done that. I opt for 500/720 for battery life(present pre). Just not sure I will be willing to upgrade for a single core. I've seen the future of OMAP 4 and won't accept less.
    right most devices now on the market are only 1ghz so this device will be fine. As long as the GPU is of course intergrated, and the OS in webos 2.0 is optimized people will have no doubts this time which os is the better OS seriously. Also did anyone else see the new lock thats being put on some android devices (droid x, and G2). I was over at the XDA forum for hours and reading the post of them trying to root the G2 with no avail. It is either most likely Google or the manufacture (HTC) locking up the phone so that it reflashes back to stock if anything shaky (like custom rom, root access etc) is tried on the devices. I heard this may be a start to the end of androids so called open root platform, I also heard Apple is considering the method, hopefully HP/Palm continues to support the Homebrew community, so we can continue to strive and stay steps ahead of the competition.
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    IDK, I'm tired of being optomistic w/ palm. It's always aroung the corner, coming soon, etc. It's getting old fast. A 1GHz, single core will not dazzle me. My Pre has been there, done that. I opt for 500/720 for battery life. Just not sure I will be willing to upgrade for a single core. I've seen the future of OMAP 4 and won't accept less.
    Calm down....if it is the OMAP 3630, we are looking at a NICE bump in battery life....Look here and you can see the Droid X with the best battery life of all Android phones. Granted, it has a bigger battery, but also a much bigger screen than this Palm phone (probably a 3.5 if I had to guess.)
    For those that are concerned about purchasing a new device before the previously mentioned announcements of early 2011 should bear in mind that releasing newer, better equipment on a 6-8 month timeline between devices is normal and, in fact, a vast amount of time for Andriod giants HTC and Motorola. In order to effectively compete in this emerging consumer smartphone market, Palm will need to push new equipment fairly consistantly. This span of time between devices is unusual due to Palm's transition as a company and when they return as a major competitor then such a time frame is expected.

As to whether or not one should purchase what some may consider an intimediary device until a superior product comes out should keep in mind that EVERY device is second best to the next one... so it's really just a matter of choice and preference. As for me, I'm not sure what I'll buy. I'll just have to wait to see if I'm wow'd enough to make a purchase.
    Actually, a speedbumped Pre might not be a bad idea, it would be a nice mid-range device.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    IDK, I'm tired of being optomistic w/ palm. It's always aroung the corner, coming soon, etc. It's getting old fast. A 1GHz, single core will not dazzle me. My Pre has been there, done that. I opt for 500/720 for battery life. Just not sure I will be willing to upgrade for a single core. I've seen the future of OMAP 4 and won't accept less.

I'm not saying i will upgrade to this phone, I am with you, i will be waiting (at least till may/june ) for an dual core phone, I have seen the future and it has two cores.

I am really hoping that palm makes it to market first with dual core, as that will grab attention, and can be marketed stupid easy to the mainstream public.

but for mr right now, hey, a ghz pre with some added camera upgrades, and maybe be a screen update size or pixil would fit right into the market.

fcc docs seem to confirm a 1ghz chip, so we'll have to wait and see if it will fall into line with the mr right now lineup.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    I am standing line for this phone if it has a bigger screen than my current pre and has 1ghz processor and webos2.0 to boot. Having used an EVO and Epic I really dont have an option either
    If the same Touchstone back covers as Pre/Pre Plus work on this phone, too, then there is no way the screen is bigger.
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Being the OMAP 3630, we can assume these specs:
    1Ghz
    512mb Ram
    720p Video
    HDMI out
    8 MP camera w Auto focus and Dual Flash
    Micro SD Card (up to 32gb)
    FM Radio
    2.1 + EDR BT
    whether you are a sprint user dying for a new device, a vzw or att user locked in, or on an international carrier...whether this is a pre plus "plus"...whether you are gonna upgrade or not...who cares!!! C'MON FOLKS, you all have to be excited that a new device is coming...and more will be coming soon.

Finally, a happy day in palm land.
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    whether you are a sprint user dying for a new device, a vzw or att user locked in, or on an international carrier...whether this is a pre plus "plus"...whether you are gonna upgrade or not...who cares!!! C'MON FOLKS, you all have to be excited that a new device is coming...and more will be coming soon.

Finally, a happy day in palm land.
    true and I second that finally! and they wont just use Webos for toasters after all
    The links for the FCC rpt are not available to me. Can we get a copy of the rpt somehow? I would like to read it.
    Quote Originally Posted by crg28 View Post
    Being the OMAP 3630, we can assume these specs:
    1Ghz
    512mb Ram
    720p Video
    HDMI out
    8 MP camera w Auto focus and Dual Flash
    Micro SD Card (up to 32gb)
    FM Radio
    2.1 + EDR BT
    A lot of those specs for the Droid X are related to the other chips inside the phone. And just because a CPU can support some feature doesn't mean it will show up in a new Palm phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by palmuse View Post
    The links for the FCC rpt are not available to me. Can we get a copy of the rpt somehow? I would like to read it.
    Search for O8F as the Grantee Code and ROAY as the Product Code. Then click Details.

https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/...ericSearch.cfm
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast