Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    Nice work. This could be a totally different form factor.
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberprashant View Post
    i bet its just prob something to hold us over till new phones arrive in 2011....Palm reads these forums and our comments/complaints carefully. they understand people w phones going bad need something asap!
    So then what, we buy these phones at the end of the year and they come out with new "super phones" in mid 2011. That doesn't make much sense.

If this does happen, that tells me that there won't be any newer phones until late 2011.
    Quote Originally Posted by toby2010 View Post
    It makes no sense. Why would I blow my upgrade on a slightly better Pre when I know they have something better in line "early 2011," so at most 5-6 months down the line?
    if your phone is almost dead and out of warranty. We have 1 of 4 pre's that's barely clinging....the remaining 3 I am planning to wait till new phones in 2011.
    I hope not, hopefully its the dual core omap 4430
    Quote Originally Posted by Croathlete View Post
    So then what, we buy these phones at the end of the year and they come out with new "super phones" in mid 2011. That doesn't make much sense.

If this does happen, that tells me that there won't be any newer phones until late 2011.
    all speculation - maybe they will keep the Pre 2 as their "keyboard" based phone and introduce some new keyboardless model and a slate next year.

who knows...
    if your phone is almost dead and out of warranty. We have 1 of 4 pre's that's barely clinging....the remaining 3 I am planning to wait till new phones in 2011.
    Yes my Pre is on the verge of breaking again, but I would rather pick one up on craigslist for $100 than use my upgrade on what is basically a factory made overclocked Pre when a better phone is coming...
    The P102 must be a major upgrade, even if similar form factor.. no way it's a Pre Plus Plus, or it iwill be a major waste of resources.
    Quote Originally Posted by toby2010 View Post
    Yes my Pre is on the verge of breaking again, but I would rather pick one up on craigslist for $100 than use my upgrade on what is basically a factory made overclocked Pre when a better phone is coming...
    The P102 must be a major upgrade, even if similar form factor.. no way it's a Pre Plus Plus, or it iwill be a major waste of resources.
    BTW how does the sprint upgrade work? we have 4 pre's on one account - they tell me we can only get one free upgrade. It's been over a year, so I'm eligible?
    very funny,i want new phone now,,no there is no new phone now,dam them, no new phone now,new phone in 2011,dam new phone in 2011,,yippie new phone in 2011,hey new phone right around corner,yeh new phone around corner,dam new phone around corner,ill wait until next phone after this next new phone.
    BTW how does the sprint upgrade work? we have 4 pre's on one account - they tell me we can only get one free upgrade. It's been over a year, so I'm eligible?
    As far as I know, on a Premiere account you get to upgrade after 12 billing cycles. "Premiere" account = paying your bill on time 6 months in a row and having a data package, I believe. For the other lines, I think the upgrade is 12 billing cycles from when the number was activated, but I haven't gotten there yet for my mom's and brother's phones, so I am just speculating.
    So i went ahead and measured up my actual pre's sticker, and checked that same ratio of left bits length to the middle bits length.

my measurements give a ratio that is the same as that of the NEW devices sticker,

so yea, my measurements may not be the best, or the sticker is a meaningless piece of data.

i'm thinking some of both.
    For Premier sprint customers main line can upgrade yearly.
    kool new phone . im gonna say it will be out before the end of november just in time for the holidays !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Don't worry too much about battery life. The new 1ghz CPUs are built with a smaller die size, so it will actually be MORE efficient than our current OMAP3 in the Pre. Meaning it will use less power. Plus I am sure webOS 2.0 is better on battery life.

Referring to what the European HP exec said about new phones early next year, he could have been specifically talking about the European market. They always get new models a few months after the North American launch. So a new Pre before Christmas is not out of the question in my eyes.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    very funny,i want new phone now,,no there is no new phone now,dam them, no new phone now,new phone in 2011,dam new phone in 2011,,yippie new phone in 2011,hey new phone right around corner,yeh new phone around corner,dam new phone around corner,ill wait until next phone after this next new phone.
    lol relax man it is coming for sure be patient it will be ok !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    nothing in there about dual core??? At bar, can't look anything up. A 1GHz single core is nothing new, cough, cough some are at 1.2 I have hope, but losing faith. I hear the dark side has cookies
    So the sticker and touchstone back pretty much says it all. If Ruby still does it "the Apple way", then screw the "Pre Plus Plus" moniker.

Let's call it the Palm Pre Plus [S]
    "S is for speed, and this will sell like hotcakes"

Anyways, whatever new device that's available on Sprint, I'm getting it. I need a replacement for my RAM-deprived, Oreo-ing, cracking launch day Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by windzilla View Post
    can you line up the holes to make them the same size? I think that might give proportion.
    That makes the battery compartment section very similar, with just the battery pull tab being longer. But I guess the point is that it is new artwork. Oh well, maybe the battery is bigger.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/at...1&d=1286416803
    Attached Images Attached Images
    so question is this the phone NOX was stating months ago. Remember even with the rumors, he said that it was like a original pre, but larger and better design. Even a sprint rep was stating so months ago any one remember. For the most part I think they will release this updated model for atleast sprint customers, to hold them over until mid next year which to me is eeeee....not bad I guess depending on its a significant bump in design and specs. If 4G too, that of course would help, but to me it also will help showcase webos 2.0 (because lets face it not many people will give 2.0 a chance anyway with old hardware) Also stated with the code for the landscape keyboard, it kind of makes sense to release a better design for the holidays, get people interested again, then launch the tablet and a few devices in 2011 to reintroduce Webos to the world.
    Again, the REAL question...WILL GPS WORK???

I can't imagine HP/Palm would release another device on Verizon without ensuring that the GPS will actually work.
    This is ROAdrunner (look at the FCC ID).

Also since it carriers the EU moniker, I'm willing to believe it's in FCC to certify for GSM850 and 1900 only, and it'll only have UMTS 900/2100. It has the Y designation like the Euro Pixi Plus.

O8F-ROAY.

All hope for a larger screen device isn't lost yet... we still have Roadrunner HD.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLI T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast