Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1116171819202122 LastLast
    You know... if this new Pre 2 comes out to be the same form factor as the original Pre... its just like e.g. iPhone 3G to iPhone 3GS soo might as will be called the "Pre S" idk im just hoping for a bigger screen with HD and higher MP camera
    Cingular 3125 --> Samsung Instink! --> Palm Pre --> ???
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandez21 View Post
    so when is webos 2.0 due? Also, do they plan of fixing it so when I reply in this form the screen will follow my text across the text box?
    Last I heard there is no official due date. 3d Realms said it best, "When its done."

Oh and I know what you mean about the curser follow thing.... I also do hope that's addressed throughout the apps and browser.
    "I will go in this way, but I'll find my own way out." -DMB

Dear Lord,
    Please grant me the ability to punch people in the face over standard TCP/IP.
    Amen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Traxion View Post
    Last I heard there is no official due date. 3d Realms said it best, "When its done."

Oh and I know what you mean about the curser follow thing.... I also do hope that's addressed throughout the apps and browser.
    official as in rubenstein said by end of this year.

so not quite DNFE territory, that dubious distinction is reserved for flash
    Well I got a feeling with all the news popping up that the spec bump pre and pixi are going to come out soon and the HP/Palm phones are coming out 2011. Like I said before I would have rathered somthing new but I'll take what I can get for now. Sad thing is I'm starting to have 2nd thoughts about using my upgrade. I will just have to see what happens when they come out. At this point it has to do with timing.
    Who cares about an upgrade I am buying them all.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    By the way, I am a developer and have developed for webOS but I won't even think about looking at the SDK again until a lot of things change and I know a lot of developers that feel the same way. Not to mention a larger market adoption.
    I think SDK is quite good. Short in some features? Yes, but included APIs do their work fine.

I think the SDK in it's current state was more thought for data consumption that anything else, and it's great in this work.

--Sent using Tap@Talk for webOS
    Newness Developments apps:

Why has no one taken the time to consider that HP has already said that we are looking a multiple DEVICES, plural as in more than one, for early next year.
    HP may be taking a very unique approche and updating the current backlog of phones to be competetive in the low to mid range while also working on devices in the high end. CES is still about 3 months off and it would make sense that we would start seeing FCC approvals on phones that were built several months ago just with slightly upgraded specs. Imagine this a new pixi pro in the free to $50 price range when released and a pre pro in the $50 to $150 price range and then 1 or 2 flagship phones (maybe one slate and one slider) in the $150+ price range. They would hit all the major smart phone segments have a phone to compete with the dumb/feature phones that saturate the tween market and every 6-8 months offer a slightly spec bumbed version of their old flagship phone as their new low end. It would put enough product out there to make them visible even with the tidal wave of crappy mid to low end android phones and make it cost effective as they would be able to cut costs on manufacturing over the life of each of the products.

All I'm saying is that assuming they release new product at CES (I'm going to lose a bunch of bets if they don't) it would probably still be at least a month before they would get their flagship phones retail channles so 5 months from now for a new flagship, but hit the low to mid range hard with spec bumbed versions of their old phones right away. Plenty of time for H/Palm to get all their FCC filings in line.

TLDR version: what we are seeing now is just the tip of the iceberg
    Last edited by darkproteus66; 10/10/2010 at 08:41 AM. Reason: added TLDR
    check my webos facebook group http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=129304747081175

help me reach my goal to be the first non celebrity on twitter with 1 million followers http://www.twitter.com/darkproteus66

LONG LIVE HOMEBREW!!!
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    I hope so, because if spec bumped Pre and Pixi models (plus a tablet/pad whatever) is all they have for CES, they can kiss the possibility of grabbing market share goodbye. They are playing from behind (way behind) and have to make a huge splash at CES, if that's their game plan.

Now, if they spec bump these things now, and release something completely different at CES, they might be able to salvage something.
    I just can't see HP spending all this money on what looks like laying the groundwork for verticle product integration to fumble the ball. I think they are going to hit the market hard.

If HP has any sense (which they would have to being as big as they are) they will be hitting CES with phones that fit into every market segment, at least one tablet (I wouldn't be surprised if we see webos worked into their touchsmart convertable laptops and all in one desktops either), printers and maybe even a few product categories we haven't thought of before.

But most important of all we will see how they all work together for a user experience. I've said this before on these forums but I use to work for a marketing firm that did work for HP and when they want to hit a product category they hit it hard. I had hours of training, pamphlets, swag and even a kids story book to give out when they started selling their home servers in retail outlets and that's a much more niche product than anything webOS will be running on.

I have complete faith in both Palm and HP and will continue to do so untill they let me down
    check my webos facebook group http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=129304747081175

help me reach my goal to be the first non celebrity on twitter with 1 million followers http://www.twitter.com/darkproteus66

LONG LIVE HOMEBREW!!!
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by windzilla View Post
    official as in rubenstein said by end of this year.

so not quite DNFE territory, that dubious distinction is reserved for flash
    I'll have to agree with ya there!
    "I will go in this way, but I'll find my own way out." -DMB

Dear Lord,
    Please grant me the ability to punch people in the face over standard TCP/IP.
    Amen.
    I've all but given up on flash ever happening. Would be a nice surprise if it was rolled into 2.0.

If we get new devices before getting flash then adobe did something wrong

WOOT WOOT 100th post

LONG LIVE HOMEBREW!!!
    Global Posts
    272 Global Posts
    As reported by the::unwired the new palm device has been approved by the Gloabl Certification Forum.

the::unwired - APPROVAL: GCF approves the Palm P102UEU webOS Device

maybe before christmas especially with o2 pulling pre plus from the website and stores ?????
    <<Thread Moved>>
    Future Palm Devices - Rumors and speculation on future Palm models (Pre, Pixi, Treo, etc.)
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    I'm eyeballing Epic4G.. But trying my darnest to stay webOS. HP throw us a bone ffs.
    I think HP/Palm will deliver with multiple handsets- they know that they need to make a splash in the market to gain market share.
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ecrecr View Post
    I think HP/Palm will deliver with multiple handsets- they know that they need to make a splash in the market to gain market share.
    they could be doing cannonballs in the pool right now by leaking pics/details... So until they do that, nobody is getting wet.

right now, we're the only ones anxious. Sadly no one else has Palm products on their radar.

HP how small are you willing to let this webOS community get before you try to sell a basket with all your eggs in it? (CES)
    Quote Originally Posted by mafu6 View Post
    maybe before christmas especially with o2 pulling pre plus from the website and stores ?????
    I'm wondering whether this has more to do with stock levels as opposed to the new phone being ready to launch. If, as it seems, the new phone is essentially a pre 2 then Palm may have been directing the shared components towards the new phone rather than using them to maintain stock levels of the Pre.
    The comments HP made about seeing multiple smartphone form factors over the next 12 months might very well mean we will see an updated Pre and Pixi for the holidays then the tablet and slab (keyboardless) models in early 2011.

I think this will be a really good strategy because it keeps the current Pre owners who like the form factor happy AND give people the slab phone a lot of people have been foaming at the mouth for.

What I don't think we will see is horizontal slider. It just doesn't fit.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    What I don't think we will see is horizontal slider. It just doesn't fit.
    I would love a horizontal slider personally

LONG LIVE HOMEBREW!!!
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    One of my biggest issues with this small refresh is that I haven't used my 1 year upgrade, because there was nothing to use it on. It'd be pretty upset if I used it on this, and it turned out this was just a small refresh/minor upgrade and the real next-gen WebOS phone was hitting in 6 months.