Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819202122 LastLast
    I'm kinda creative. Lol
    This just keeps getting better and better
    Quote Originally Posted by igobytony View Post
    "Broadway" 320x400 webOS ver Nova-Blowfish & Nova-Barleywine carrier ROW devices spotted by @dawm in app logs, IP address owned by @palm UK
    320x400 would imply a new phone with the Pixi form factor (same screen res).
    Screenshot of app logs from @biocandy which shows the entries: Twitter

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    i dont use twitter thanks
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Hmmm so a new pixi? or maybe a pixi w wifi for sprint w spec bump
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Hmm... Anyone notice "swappableBattery = False" for both?

Sure hope that's not the case...
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLI T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    Hmmm so a new pixi? or maybe a pixi w wifi for sprint w spec bump
    One of them definitely not for Sprint, AZERTY keyboard, so safe to assume it's for SFR.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLI T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    One of them definitely not for Sprint, AZERTY keyboard, so safe to assume it's for SFR.
    Both are ROW firmware, so GSM, not CDMA - therefore *both* are not for Sprint

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by alan7467 View Post
    320x400 would imply a new phone with the Pixi form factor (same screen res).
    except the part that says keyboardslider=true

could this be a pixi sized slider?

or a new form factor completely?
    what does ROW stand for? One of them has a "qwerty" the other a "azerty" KB can I ask what's the diff.. I saw someone say it's for SFR is that what they call the layout in EU?
    HPalm is starting ti mimic Apple IMO
    Quote Originally Posted by gilbertg4x4 View Post
    what does ROW stand for? One of them has a "qwerty" the other a "azerty" KB can I ask what's the diff.. I saw someone say it's for SFR is that what they call the layout in EU?
    ROW = Rest Of World - it denotes the GSM/UMTS frequencies which are used throughout the "rest of the world" (i.e. not the bands used in the USA).

QWERTY is a normal US keyboard layout.

AZERTY is a french keyboard layout - you get this keyboard if you buy a Pre or Pixi from the SFR France carrier.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    So you keep saying, You don't have to. Just click on the link. (Unless of course it violates your belief system )
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    It's just a link. You scared of the interwebz?
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    I wonder if these devices are not reporting their real resolutions. 320x240 seems pretty unattractive in 2010. These phones would need to be free on contract to have any shot in America. If they look cool and are free they might be good for the tween market. Especially with Palm's 2nd place position in 3D gaming.
    so assuming the broadway is for US prob a pixi 2, with hopefully a spec bump and better design. I dont know about you, but I need some freakin pics, specs, and release dates this hide and seek ish is getting crazy. Hp and palm need to make some moves, not play at this point especially with the holidays coming up. I'll wait, but most people wont and go get a optimus, fetus or whatever the new android phones are.
    Quote Originally Posted by windzilla View Post
    except the part that says keyboardslider=true

could this be a pixi sized slider?

or a new form factor completely?
    Just to point out an interesting thought: maybe webOS sees 320x480 the same as 640x960... And 320x400 the same as 640x800...

Thinking about the slider thing...

--Sent using Tap@Talk for webOS
    Newness Developments apps:

Remember when HP said they were keeping Palm's roadmap intact? This makes me hopeful these devices are the real deal and on the way. I think the slab device without a keyboard will be released alongside the tablet during CES.

I just hope the Pre 2 has a slightly larger screen. Even a 3.4" will be good enough for me as long as the resolution is nice and dense.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmagic01 View Post
    something seems kinda contradictory "even if just a spec bump...get something to market" but then you say "a new version of old hardware won't cut it."

i may have miss interpreted your point or maybe, unlike me, you intepret them as two differnt things. but i'd go more with the latter. Now if HP can swallow a failed phone i'd say screw it release what you got cause if it gets no interest it doesn't matter. Its not like samsung, motorola, and HTC, etc don't do the same thing.

But if it's a situation where HP will leave the cell market altogther with a poorly accepted phone then i think you gotta throw your bestpunch ever with whatever you release. obviously i don't know the HP fianancial situation. i'm no insider.

But from what i've heard, many people have said, "i'm not using my upgrade on a spec bump." i also don't think many new customers would think, "oh now that's the thing that now makes this product appealing." Like if they didn't like the Pre before not sure a spec bump changes their mind, as i'm not sure specs is why they didn't by the phone in the first place. But at some point soon i think they have to release not just a spec bump but something that wows consumers. That is not mirroring competitors but mirrors and beats them. That's first to market. Like what if they released an 1080p recording phone, 8 megapixel camera, 64 gbs of internal storage, hdmi out, and a tv tuner like japanese phones? I'm just making **** up but that's clearly some wow there.

Oh i hear you, I say a spec bump as (even if stated worst case its a 1ghz phone revamped hardware, better battery consumption, but the same shape and size) Even if not alot of current pre users take the phone, if the hardware and the OS is snappy and is released say on sprint showcasing webos 2.0, it keeps people interested. Yes a spec bump is nothing major, but it says Im still here, and thats if they have something to release. It would by them time for their so called super phones next year. I assume if it was a spec bump only, they just took some overstock from say verizon and upgraded those devices. Though as you stated who knows, we all are just making assumptions here, and don't know what HP plans to do in the smartphone market. So I'll sit back and wait like the rest.