Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    if it is landscape slider.. And drops on my b-day (thanksgiving), I'll get it. Then, like a crack-fiend, rush to buy the boss of the coming HP fleet
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Ok this is really rough and a little exaggerated, but this is how I think the palm pre 2 could have a bigger screen
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rothoof View Post
    Ok this is really rough and a little exaggerated, but this is how I think the palm pre 2 could have a bigger screen
    i think this would look horrible!
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I don't know about all of you, but I'm pretty disappointed that the processor is only 1 GHz, considering folks out there are already overclocking their existing Pre's to 1 GHz. And I know there is mention that the processor will be twice as energy efficient, but another 1150 mAh battery, come on. Couldn't they even just increase the battery size by 10%? I hope they at least incorporate some of the smart design features of the Pixi into the new Pre, like the rubber, magnetic door for the USB port on the Pixi rather than that lame, too-easily breakable plastic tabbed door on my Pre, and maybe they'll get rid of that lame button in the gesture area and keep it virtual, like on the Pixi, and the power button on my Pre that seems really flimsy, unlike the rubber coated button on the Pixi.
    People need to understand that processor clock speed is not the only component of device speed. Different models of 1ghz processors can be apples and oranges when it comes to speed.
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    im fine with 1ghz, i looked at my sprint pre plus today and love how sexy it looks, and would be fine with a spec bumped pre plus, as long as they have something different and new coming.
    HPalm LetDown

That should be the name of the new phone.

People need to take a break from the HPalm Kool-Aid and understand how much their strategy sucks.
    I got on line and looked up the part number for the touchstone back for the Pre/Pre+, and the numbers do not match. The Pre back is listed as 170-10704-00 on the Palm website. The number you wrote down, was a 180-10704, this looks to me like it could very well be something new. This makes me think that its not cut and dried that this is just a spec bump on the Pre.
    Now that I think about it maybe Palm was going to do the Iphone thing. Same form factor just better phone each year. Next thing you know we have the Palm Pre5. I don't know just a thought.
    If that is true then I'm even happoer I'm leaving. I hate the hardware keyboard and tge tiny screen and girly form factor. I want sharp edges and at least an iPhone sized screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by handlebar01 View Post
    I got on line and looked up the part number for the touchstone back for the Pre/Pre+, and the numbers do not match. The Pre back is listed as 170-10704-00 on the Palm website. The number you wrote down, was a 180-10704, this looks to me like it could very well be something new. This makes me think that its not cut and dried that this is just a spec bump on the Pre.
    FCC test report says: 180-10704-00

Amazon says that's a Pre touchstone back: Amazon.com: New Palm High Quality PRE Cell Phone OEM Touchstone Factory Original Charging Battery Door Cover: Electronics

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by iTz Nicholas72 View Post
    If that is true then I'm even happoer I'm leaving. I hate the hardware keyboard and tge tiny screen and girly form factor. I want sharp edges and at least an iPhone sized screen.
    So you decided you hated those features after you bought the phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by QuarlesLT View Post
    So you decided you hated those features after you bought the phone?
    People will hate on anything. I still find it funny that people complain about how they want a 4"+ screen. But when they got the Pre in the first place, they said ti was the perfect size.
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by iTz Nicholas72 View Post
    HPalm LetDown

That should be the name of the new phone.

People need to take a break from the HPalm Kool-Aid and understand how much their strategy sucks.
    People need to take a break from the Hater-Aid and understand they know nothing of Palm's strategy, short term or long term.
    I don't understand what the fuss is. I guess I can see people wanting something that looks different, but Apple has essentially the same looking phone for years and it's been outrageously successful. I think the Pre/Plus is far and away the best looking phone on the market. I fiddled with some Android phones a while back and they all just feel clunky in my hand compared to my Pre Plus. If this new phone is improved hardware and bumped up specs and runs WebOS 2.0 then I think that's a good step. They'll obviously release something different and really new next year, but I see no problem releasing a muscled up version of the Pre. If the specs are only marginally better then that'd be something of a problem. I think there must be something that's significantly different about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnaMayShun View Post
    People will hate on anything. I still find it funny that people complain about how they want a 4"+ screen. But when they got the Pre in the first place, they said ti was the perfect size.
    Exactly. Palm could make a slightly larger screen, but I don't want to feel like I'm carrying around a TI-83 calculator. Is anyone watching Schindler's List or anything on their phone anyway?
    anyone read cnet.com's interview with vzw's ceo?

besides insulting microsoft, he doesn't even mention webOS...basically stating the obvious, that the only three OS's they consider important are from RIM, google and apple.

we've heard rumors that this pre 2 is coming to vzw...just seems too incompatible with vzw's stance on the smartphone market.
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    anyone read cnet.com's interview with vzw's ceo?

besides insulting microsoft, he doesn't even mention webOS...basically stating the obvious, that the only three OS's they consider important are from RIM, google and apple.

we've heard rumors that this pre 2 is coming to vzw...just seems too incompatible with vzw's stance on the smartphone market.
    nice .. I think vzw is evil anyway... So it doesn't surprise me. However, it's not good for the community.

yo HPalm, defend our base... We are at war with what seems like 1940's weaponry while everyone else has lazers
    I have a great idea, Let Palm make the superphone, while H/P makes all the other phones with webOS on them. This way Palm follows Apple, while H/P follows HTC model. Same with slate, let H/P make multiple WebOS slates, while Palm makes a SuperSlate. What do you guys think?
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    fix the slider and external buttons so this phone is as solid as the rock this its modeled after, give it 32gb storage, 802.11n wifi, a 5+mp camera, better battery life, and a retina quality display and I will be extremely happy. I could not care less about a front facing camera, I will never use it. And 4g would be great but id rather not pay extra for it especially since 95% of my data usage comes from wifi anyway. I just want a Pre that is extremely solid and fast, and a nicer screen would be great. Oh and some of that webOS 2.0 goodness...