Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617 ... LastLast
    does the EUE designation mean it is a european phone?

Also, I had heard that all future Palm devices would be LTE, but I read it again and realized that it said all future devices would be LaTE...
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post

Also, I had heard that all future Palm devices would be LTE, but I read it again and realized that it said all future devices would be LaTE...
    Engadget is claiming it might be: Palm 'P102UEU' hits FCC: the European Pre 2? -- Engadget
    "I will go in this way, but I'll find my own way out." -DMB

Dear Lord,
    Please grant me the ability to punch people in the face over standard TCP/IP.
    Amen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post

Note on this from Rod....
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    OK, serious question here. Not bashing, just asking. While this phone does seem to have the possibility to bring tech specs up to equivalent with EVO, Droid X, Epic 4G, etc. Doesn't this really sound like what could have been on the Palm road map way back before HP acquisition?

What I mean is that this is not some fabulous brand new phone that was designed and built after the acquisition. If that is the case, why did this take so long to get to this point?
    We dnt kno for certain what this phone has... It could be a pre plus w more processor and minor fixes ... Or it could be a pre pro... With ip4 resolution, 5-8mp rear camera front camera, better quality build.. Glass screen, slightly bigger screen, and who knos maybe it has a dual core ... Well hav to jus wait and IMO a pre w better res. And procc. That matches or beats evo/epic is a phone that's up to par or better than those listed
    I wonder what the chances are that this will be released independently or held until the other devices mentioned for next year are ready and released at once.
    I would be happy for this device to come out as I would like to upgrade my wife's dumb phone. If it came out on sprint they may not have jammed 4g in it too so it would be $10 cheaper.
    I'm thinking they may sit on this though to be able to release a new flagship touch screen only device as well. One on sprint with wimax, and on verizon with lte. I don't see the screen getting bigger, just lay a ruler over corner to corner and try to see how much room there is to add a bigger screen. Height isn't the problem, but width is. I don't think it's possible to add more then .2" so I'm guessing no screen change.
    Though if they are still intending to release webos 2 this year as has been said then maybe this would come out independent of any other phone release. It just doesn't seem that this will garner the press response as a completely new device.
    I don't think it will happen but I hope we are missing something and 2 or 3 new phones will come out this year still with webos 2.
    Something tells me it's going to be a let down. It will be a nice improvement but I'm 100% sure it will NOT have a dual core prcessor if it's coming out before 2011.
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    I just really hope that HP has some tricks up their sleeves. With the current known specs of the phone, by the time they actually release it some other manufacturer will be touting a new powerhouse phone with better specs, which could seriously hinder sales, and further more developing. I just know a lot of people including devs, are looking at HP to make a big play in the market. I believe they are just waiting to see this device and how its recieved by the public before they pull the trigger on developing for WebOS. In order to do that there has to be lots of "shiny" things in order to attract users to the device. Perhaps this isnt their "Ace" card phone? Maybe they haven't revealed the mothership.
    "I will go in this way, but I'll find my own way out." -DMB

Dear Lord,
    Please grant me the ability to punch people in the face over standard TCP/IP.
    Amen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    OK, serious question here. Not bashing, just asking. While this phone does seem to have the possibility to bring tech specs up to equivalent with EVO, Droid X, Epic 4G, etc. Doesn't this really sound like what could have been on the Palm road map way back before HP acquisition?

What I mean is that this is not some fabulous brand new phone that was designed and built after the acquisition. If that is the case, why did this take so long to get to this point?
    Maybe it's not supposed to?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    this phone is for thanksgiving launch... For flash lovers.. Got to feed the junkies
    I will say that if the revamp a few things like the speed (which we already know) and the keyboard and build, I will get this phone.

Having said that, it seems like a pretty dumb move to release this in a month only to release another slab device later. UNLESS, they unveil their plans for a slab or other form factors when they release this Pre update. If they tell all the WebOS lovers out there:

"Here is your new Pre, and here is what the new slab looks like and the new slab w/keyboard which will be release on XX/XX 2011."

I think the people that want a new Pre will be happy and so will the slab lovers because if they really like WebOS they will wait the 2 or 3 extra months. But who knows maybe the slab will surprise us all and come out with the new Pre.
    Is there any indication this phone or indeed any of the next purported "batch" of Palm devices will support 4g?
    Here's more mud into the water...

O8F-ROAY's doc avail date: 04/04/2011

https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/...%27O8F-ROAY%27

But mind you, this is an EU device, and traditionally EU devices lags NA devices by a few months (Verizon Pre Plus was in Jan 2010 and SFR April 2010).

Also another thing worth noting that is Pixi Plus EU (O8F-PIXYW) external photos are still not available as of now.
    Last edited by ToniCipriani; 10/07/2010 at 10:06 AM.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post

All filings with the FCC and other certification organizations have a "don't make public until 'date'". The make public date has just been reached for this phone.
    Anyone figure out how much RAM it has?
    Quote Originally Posted by bnceo View Post
    Wrong. WebOS apps are made to scale. Only the PDK apps may be off, but those can be easy to fix IMO.
    Not all SDK apps may be built to scale automatically to different resolutions.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    I wonder if a new phone can be made using the same bak cover as existing pre? Like maybe a slightly larger phone holding a 3.5 in screen and still use the same cover? Or would that jus look weird... Lol...
    I imagine the engineers who work for Palm can do a lot of things none of us in the forum would think of...
    Looks like the Palm version of the Droid2, compared to the non plus Pre. I have mixed feelings about the battery. On one hand I am glad to use the batteries I already have, on the other hand a higher capacity battery coupled with the more efficient processor would be awesome. I guess Palm must have a ton of these. I hope this phone holds us over till the really awesome devices start hitting the shelves.
    If this is indeed a stopgap device, I see no reason why an October or early November launch wouldn't be possible. I'd understand if this were a brand new device, but as it seems to be some kind of Pre upgrade, there's no excuse for delaying a launch.