Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast
  1. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    It's a placeholder phone surely? Designed to keep hardcore users on board and maintain their tiny market-share. I would guess that it's real important is to keep developers on-line until they get a decent new design to market.
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Here is a quick Photoshop layering of each label using the images provided by alan7467...I made sure all proportion constraints were in place, and confirmed by checking the Palm logo text size on top of each other before moving the red(old label) to fit the cut out holes of the new label. Red is old label, Black underneath is new label. Extremely close in size, and remember that the middle section length really has nothing to do with phone size, since most of that extra middle top section will be used to pull out the battery.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Solen; 10/07/2010 at 02:16 AM.
    Palm Pre on Sprint. WebOS 1.4.5
    If I helped you, a thanks would be much appreciated (Thanks button located on right side)
    Quote Originally Posted by Solen View Post
    Here is a quick Photoshop layering of each label using the images provided by alan7467...I made sure all proportion constraints were in place, and confirmed by checking the Palm logo text size on top of each other before moving the red(old label) to fit the cut out holes of the new label. Red is old label, Black underneath is new label. Extremely close in size, and remember that the middle section length really has nothing to do with phone size, since most of that extra middle top section will be used to pull out the battery.
    Woah nice work there, so it looks like it will be the same form factor, id lov it to be all matte finish and with a better spring system for the slider.
    Of course with the better proc. more storage and better camera
    I sighed when I woke up to this, I thought the keyboarded device would be the flaship phone, but I guess focus is on the all touchscreen phone.
    Faster processor, 32MB of storage, WebOS 2.0, a little bit biigger screen and maybe front facing camera is all I need. On Sprint of course.
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    Faster processor, 32MB of storage, WebOS 2.0, a little bit biigger screen and maybe front facing camera is all I need. On Sprint of course.

I will need a LOT MORE than 32mb....
    I don't know if this matters, but the test report says the device was tested in mid-August...

Is that important? D:
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Yes, it means this is a Palm ONLY made phone.....NO HP input here...as far as the tested unit is concerned...
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Edensuko View Post
    Woah nice work there, so it looks like it will be the same form factor, id lov it to be all matte finish and with a better spring system for the slider.
    Of course with the better proc. more storage and better camera
    I'm with you on that, matte finish just like the the back with tough durable plastic, and not just a better spring, but hopefully a more sure solid feeling slider. We'll just have to hope palm really improves on the design if they aren't making any drastic changes to it.
    I suggest you stop complaining about the cpu specs asap!

Even your original Palm Pre will run as smooth as butter with webOS 2.0 gpu-accelerated graphics.

The cpu then no longer has to calculate the graphics but can focus itself on speeding up the phone itself.

There is definitely no need for more cpu power at the moment. You could have 5 GHz but it would just 'use' 1GHz at all. Would make no sense...

Hold on your breath for webOS 2.0 on your current devices. THIS will be the most important thing relating to snappyness.

What I would like to have from the P102 though, is better build quality and some more sensors.
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    Far as the battery life with the new more efficient processor, there won't be much of a difference in life since it's well documented that the data radio is the main culprit.
    the evo ships with a crap battery to. i played with a few and that sucker drains way more than the pre. these companies should start shipping with higher capacity slim batteries.

i just bought a 1400mAh for my pre and im happy. not sure if ill buy this new pre or not? i can already overclock to 1ghz.. we shall see what the design is like. if it comes next month i can use my upgrade for it.

i also hope this will not be a 4g device, i have no desire to pay that "coolness" fee.
    Quote Originally Posted by WrlsFanatic View Post
    We know this is 1GHz and has a 1150MAh battery. We know it will have roughly the same screen (since the model number of the Touchstone cover is the same as mine), MAYBE very slightly bigger.

surly they will give us a larger screen. most new phones have larger lcd's.
    Quote Originally Posted by kentuckywildcats View Post
    The HTC Evo had earned the FCC approval around May 7th (HTC EVO 4G earns FCC's blessing, WiMAX and all -- Engadget) and was released on June 4th, about 4 weeks since approval. So hopefully we are looking at a release date in early November, with Black Friday the latest.
    agreed... but how do we know what carrier this will be on? im not switching to verizon just for this either.
    I just had an idea. Remember that the TUV certification was pulled. People are saying that the reason it was pulled was that the device was submitted for certification before Palm was purchased by HP and that HP is not releasing this phone. The certification was made public because that's the date on the submitted documentation for the certification to be made public. The phone model was P102.

Now we have an FCC Palm approved phone with a model number P102. I believe the same thing is happening with this phone. The phone was submitted by Palm before it was purchased by HP. The documentation was to remain hidden until now. HP is not releasing this phone.

There's a lot of information coming out of HP that's saying no new devices, phones and tablets, before 2011. Hey, the day of or the day before the FCC approval a HP VP said no new devices before 2011!!

I say again - this is an approval for a phone PALM planed to release but HP vetoed it and the documentation was not pulled from the FCC.
    Quote Originally Posted by slbailey1 View Post
    I just had an idea. Remember that the TUV certification was pulled. People are saying that the reason it was pulled was that the device was submitted for certification before Palm was purchased by HP and that HP is not releasing this phone. The certification was made public because that's the date on the submitted documentation for the certification to be made public. The phone model was P102.

Now we have an FCC Palm approved phone with a model number P102. I believe the same thing is happening with this phone. The phone was submitted by Palm before it was purchased by HP. The documentation was to remain hidden until now. HP is not releasing this phone.

There's a lot of information coming out of HP that's saying no new devices, phones and tablets, before 2011. Hey, the day of or the day before the FCC approval a HP VP said no new devices before 2011!!

I say again - this is an approval for a phone PALM planed to release but HP vetoed it and the documentation was not pulled from the FCC.
    i hope hp is smart and will release this phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by slbailey1 View Post

http://forums.precentral.net/future-...ml#post2681532
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    maybe hp should invest in mugen's 1400 mA batteries and install them in the pre 2 instead of the same 1150. More is always better when it comes to batteries.
    no matter how efficient the new cpu an webOS 2.0 are, all other top end devices have atleast 1400 mA batteries.
    Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post
    i hope hp is smart and will release this phone.
    I don't think this form factor will sell well...
    I remember when iPhone3GS was the best in class phone, and how fast it was compared to the Pre... Spotting the same proccessor!!!

It's the combination of hardware plus software what matters, guys!!!

1GHz + webOS 2.0 will fly.

--Sent using Tap@Talk for webOS
    Newness Developments apps:

Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    I don't think this form factor will sell well...
    I'm sure it will not. People is buying slate form factors right now, and that's the reason of Mansion, that probably will become the flagship for the mainstream customers.

That doesn't mean I won't be buying this phone, thought. It's the form factor that fit my needs

--Sent using Tap@Talk for webOS
    Newness Developments apps: