View Poll Results: When's your next upgrade?

Voters
83. You may not vote on this poll
  • Between now and Dec. 31 of 2010

51 61.45%
  • Between January and March of 2011

6 7.23%
  • Between April and June of 2011

10 12.05%
  • Between July and September of 2011

1 1.20%
  • Between October and December of 2011

4 4.82%
  • Not till after 2011

11 13.25%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I saw that HP says the new Palm phones won't release till "early" next year. That could be as late as May of next year. Rahul Sood thinks there's never a bad time or lost window to release new phones, and normally I'd agree. The problem is the vast majority of people buy new phones ONLY when they have an upgrade available from their carrier. And a lot of people don't like to wait 4-6 months after an upgrade time to use it.

So when's yours?
    I had a really murky transition from 755p on SERO to Everything Data. My contract was up in February.
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    I am sitting on my Premiere upgrade right now.
    Dan
    mine is december 8,,,,so I can wait a few months after. My sprint pre which I had for a yr this week is still like new,,both physically and in perfect working order. Did I mention I have never even had to doctor it?
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    mine doesn't matter cause I'm on an employee account anyway so a new palm device probably won't even activate fr 3 or 4 months. I had to wait till october last year to get the pre I got now.
    I bought an Evo in August...so August 2011.
    while i can get my yearly upgrade now from sprint, I will be starting a new job in June next year, but I'm not sure of the location.

thus it would be smart for me to wait until i actually know the best service available for my new vocation and possibly switch carriers if needed.

but the kid in me wants my sugar now now now!

yea i guess i'll wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    I saw that HP says the new Palm phones won't release till "early" next year. That could be as late as May of next year. Rahul Sood thinks there's never a bad time or lost window to release new phones, and normally I'd agree. The problem is the vast majority of people buy new phones ONLY when they have an upgrade available from their carrier. And a lot of people don't like to wait 4-6 months after an upgrade time to use it.

So when's yours?
    I think early means early. They didn't say sometime in Q2, or first half of the year. If they aren't dropping anything this year, all signs point to CES. It would be suicide not to announce at CES, or announce at CES and then make everyone wait like they did with the Pre. I bet announcement at CES, with a phone in the store 4 weeks later.
    My upgrade through Bell isn't until July 2012...

Although there's nothing stopping me from purchasing an HSPA device.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    I've had my upgrade available since August.
    Quote Originally Posted by djmcgee View Post
    Same...hoping the Pre will hold together until new hardware arrives.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by djmcgee View Post
    This
    "I will go in this way, but I'll find my own way out." -DMB

Dear Lord,
    Please grant me the ability to punch people in the face over standard TCP/IP.
    Amen.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    My upgrade through Bell isn't until July 2012...
    Yeah I know that feeling, I'm on an original Pre until Feb 2012 have taken out my contract just before O2 UK brought out the Pre Plus. Knowing me I'll keep my phone Pre until then unless it stops working. I'm all for new tech but I don't like ditching something that still works.
    Can upgrade anytime..
    early March next year is my Premier upgrade time. my wife has to wait ten months beyond that.
    There is no option for those of us who were eligible for an upgrade months ago but have been waiting for an announcement of a new device.

I have seen the EVO and the Epic, and they both have awesome hardware specs. But, my Sprint Pre- is doing just fine. It is overclocked, and home-brewed up, so as long as it is working, we (4 Pre's in the family) will be holding out to see what HP can do.

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    4/1/11 here, since I used my premier upgrade earlier to get my wife a Pre.

If the new phone is something I really like, I'll be buying mine ASAP and using the 4/1 upgrade for my wife's phone.
    I see pandas.
  18.    #18  
    I think the mistake HP is making is ignoring that most people in the U.S. buy around their upgrade AND (not the people here) most people buy phones that are seen as cool/hot. In other words, if they release at a time when most people just bought new phones (say after the holiday season) and thus don't initially sell well, those band wagoners (who are the majority) won't jump on board.
    mine is this month. i was thinking of using it to play with an epic for a while if there was no word on new palm devices, then add a line for my brother and get the new palm phone when it came out. but, now that there is at least a general timeframe from HP, i will probably just hold out and then add a line for a tablet. my brother can stick with his prepaid stuff, since he really doesn't care at all either way.
    Where is the option for I am eligeble for an upgrade and waiting for new Palm hardware - OR - I am eligeble for an upgrade and debating jumping ship

The more my wife messes with iPhones and Androids, the more she hates her Pre.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast