View Poll Results: When's your next upgrade?

Voters
83. You may not vote on this poll
  • Between now and Dec. 31 of 2010

51 61.45%
  • Between January and March of 2011

6 7.23%
  • Between April and June of 2011

10 12.05%
  • Between July and September of 2011

1 1.20%
  • Between October and December of 2011

4 4.82%
  • Not till after 2011

11 13.25%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by djmcgee View Post
    I am sitting on my Premiere upgrade right now.
    +1...for the first time I am considering not waiting...may get a temporary device and just buy the Palm device next year outright with no discount when it is out...I am betting it doesn't come out till june or july anyways...I love WebOS and this community...however I can't wait 2 years for new hardware...if they make an announcement with a date around january/february then I will be patient...my warranty is over and I am on my 5th Palm Pre...thats one other reason...I would rather just get something to hold me off then buy a used Pre if this one go's down...I can't say it enough that if I get another device that I will be back with Palm when that new device comes...
    Why do people think they have to upgrade when they are eligible?

I'll say this again: Phones aren't disposable toys... you don't have to throw them away if they are working.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by ferriskeanu View Post
    +1...for the first time I am considering not waiting...may get a temporary device and just buy the Palm device next year outright with no discount when it is out...I am betting it doesn't come out till june or july anyways...I love WebOS and this community...however I can't wait 2 years for new hardware...if they make an announcement with a date around january/february then I will be patient...my warranty is over and I am on my 5th Palm Pre...thats one other reason...I would rather just get something to hold me off then buy a used Pre if this one go's down...I can't say it enough that if I get another device that I will be back with Palm when that new device comes...
    IDK, I've stopped buying any new apps until I decide to stay or leave. If I leave, I probably won't be back. I never bought any apps for phones until I got a Pre and don't like the idea of getting a new phone and re-buying apps all the time. If I leave, I will start buying apps and will not be back. I don't understand the people who are constantly upgrading to new phones that can't keep existing purchased apps. Seems like a lot of money wasted. Don't get me wrong, I have many issues with my Pre, but I am TRYING to patiently wait for a new Palm device that is ready for market (unlike my Pre - I feel like a beta tester).
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post

I'll say this again: Phones aren't disposable toys... you don't have to throw them away if they are working.
    Why even be concerned when people upgrade or not?...After somebody pays for their device it is theirs to do what they wish...unless your Apple...

Thanks Dad?

I sold my Palm Pre and touchstone for $125. Thats a great price considering the plummet the used market for Pre's became. My phone was "working" but I wanted something better and it only came at a cost of $75 to me plus someone was able to upgrade their phone off contract at a good price.
    mines not up till june I think... I baught the original pre on june 6(sprint) and am not the primary line... I have a question tho... If I witch my # to the primary line will I immedatly be up for an upgrade or will I have to wait a yr for it to kick in...
    9/22/09 is when I became eligible for an upgrade.
    I'm eligible for upgrade October 2011, but can go early in June 2011. Considering I just bought my pre + back in August off ebay, I've got no problem waiting for new hardware unless they release something that blows me away or something happens to my phone during that time frame.
    Quote Originally Posted by ferriskeanu View Post
    Why even be concerned when people upgrade or not?...After somebody pays for their device it is theirs to do what they wish...unless your Apple...
    I was actually referring to those overwhelming comments from those who keep saying they will jump ship when their upgrade is "due"...

And if anything it just shows how disposable the economy has become.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    I just bought a Pixi Plus to replace my busted Pre, that'll tide me over until then.
    Quote Originally Posted by djmcgee View Post
    I am sitting on my Premiere upgrade right now.
    Ditto.
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    I was eligible for a Premiere upgrade in July. I don't normally change phones yearly so with the Homebrew Communities help making my Pre better, I will wait a few more months.
    I have 3 lines

Line 1: Ready to go now
    Line 2: 11/16/11
    Line 3: 11/16/11
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    my upgrade is in a little over 3 weeks. i just bought a new pre and i have it overclocked... i love it! BUT the longest i will wait is until x-mas before i buy an evo. then when a new webos device hits in 2011 ill sell the evo and buy the palm phone.
    Mine was last June, thanks to OCing and patching, I have no problem waiting. My Pre is holding up fine, I don't baby it, just use it like any other mobile phone that I have owned. I love webOS and my Pre does everything that I need from a smartphone so when ever HP/Palm releases their new platform is fine for me. In a way I think it is good that they are waiting until 2011 so their new phones can have the benefits of the next generation of computing chips, I mean why release a phone that will be last years news in a few months when these new chips start appearing in new phones early 2011.

In the past I did not upgrade every year anyways, with the exception being the BB Storm, 6 months was all I could take with that POS, lol.
    I think Precentral just posted a story about something like 82% of the phone-aged population not owning smartphones. That's something like 200 million or so people who could possibly be in the market for a device starting today and running through forever.

Sure, some folks will buy around the holidays. Many, however, won't. There are likely to be just as many potential customers at a given moment in March 2011 as there will be in November 2010. Same with November 2011, and March 2012.

Point is, the "best time" to release a phone is when it's available in quantities sufficient to meet demand. Trying to dial into a particular timeframe, like "before current webOS users are eligible for upgrades" or "before the holidays 2010" may simply be outside of HP/Palm's current capabilities.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic

simple... know a days people want the newest and greatest thing out there. new, faster hardware is always coming out.
    10/22/10 But I'll wait. I just love webos
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    November 1st, but I can wait about 3 months after that.

I want to see 2.0 before I really think about a new phone, that includes any new palm phone.
    Sitting on my premiere upgrade since I was a day 1 owner.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast