Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NitOxYs View Post
    He's the President of the Europe division, first off. I just talked to my friend/insider, because I was not very pleased about it, and he said he hasn't heard anything about it being delayed in the U.S. He said "Wait for a retraction, or a memo". So.. I still believe that it will be a November launch.
    That seems to be HP's MO these days: tell the bitter truth, then issue a half-hearted correction after people freak out.
    Quote Originally Posted by mpfef View Post
    That thing about transferring pictures requiring a paid app is just a lie, plain and simple.

Transfer iPhone Pictures to PC Windows 7 | MS Windows
    no it's not, i tried on an ipod yesterday and you need to download an app for a pc to do it. im talking about the camera roll photos btw. itunes can only sync new photos to it, not move them to your pc.
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post
    no it's not, i tried on an ipod yesterday and you need to download an app for a pc to do it. im talking about the camera roll photos btw. itunes can only sync new photos to it, not move them to your pc.
    Ok, so every site that had the same or similar instructions to this when I googled for it is lying? I found instructions for iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, for getting pictures off using XP, Vista or 7.

Guess everyone else is wrong.

And I just plugged my new 4th Gen iPod Touch into my Windows 7 machine and browsed right to the folder of camera roll pictures by clicking on "Computer".

Dunno what to tell you.
    Last edited by mpfef; 10/06/2010 at 06:17 PM.
    Okay, that was fun...now back on topic boys....
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    It is great news we palm fans are getting new hardware early next year, but do we also have to wait till then to get the WebOS 2.0???

It looks like it is having huge enhancements and it would be great to at least have the option on trying it out on our currents Pre's and Pixis.

and I think i remember earlier this year palm annouces that around october we would be having an update or at least developers could know access the microphone, camera and other API's.
    Quote Originally Posted by mandaman2k View Post
    It is great news we palm fans are getting new hardware early next year, but do we also have to wait till then to get the WebOS 2.0???
    I'm gonna guess "yes" on that one because I think new hardware landing with software that's months old wouldn't be as much of a splash. Better to make a big splash with new phones, a tablet, and a new version of the OS all in one day, then to draw out the process and make the only thing to draw people a hardware upgrade.
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post
    bad? Yes

launch just before turkey day
    something will launch during black friday... now its either a phone or a pad. either way, there is no way they're going to miss that shopping weekend.
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    How many times must it be said. The world IS bigger than the US alone. HP doesn't care of the marginal sales it still may achieve this year in the US.

CES it will be, with a WORLDWIDE release of a webOS product RANGE.
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spud101 View Post
    How many times must it be said. The world IS bigger than the US alone. HP doesn't care of the marginal sales it still may achieve this year in the US.

As much as I don't want to wait that long, it's looking more and more like this is what's going to happen.

I just hope we get 2.0 (or 1.5, or something) before then to keep us busy.

waiting until next year "january" to announce then release later will be a BIG mistake on palm / hp's part IMO.
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    No it is not. Read earlier posts in this thread. The Palm brand is totally unknown in most of the world. Only a few people in the US know it. HP has to totally launch Palm as a new market entrant in the greater part of the world. Releasing something now will not make that succeed so much easier than waiting till CES.

To the contrary. CES has the whole world's attention, so ALL spotlights on HP/Palm.

For big companies like HP it's all about the big volumes and big numbers, that means WORLDWIDE, not just US.
    No it is not. Read earlier posts in this thread. The Palm brand is totally unknown in most of the world. Only a few people in the US know it. HP has to totally launch Palm as a new market entrant in the greater part of the world. Releasing something now will not make that succeed so much easier than waiting till CES.

To the contrary. CES has the whole world's attention, so ALL spotlights on HP/Palm.

For big companies like HP it's all about the big volumes and big numbers, that means WORLDWIDE, not just US.
    Finally! Someone actually gets it!
    Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post
    something will launch during black friday... now its either a phone or a pad. either way, there is no way they're going to miss that shopping weekend.
    I think nothing is going to be launched before CES in January. HP/Palm is going to re-introduce WebOS to the world when the world is watching. They will introduce a new phone and a tablet. I also hope that they will introduce a new Touchsmart all-in-one PC with WebOS as the front in to Windows 7.
    Last edited by slbailey1; 10/06/2010 at 07:14 PM.
    He's the President of the Europe division, first off. I just talked to my friend/insider, because I was not very pleased about it, and he said he hasn't heard anything about it being delayed in the U.S. He said "Wait for a retraction, or a memo". So.. I still believe that it will be a November launch.
    right. so if he's the europresident, then that means he must be *drumroll* only talking about europe.
    sooo, which in turn means, new webOS devices should come to europe next year. as for america, they should come first.
    well, i dont know. the ongoing theory is that hp will announce new webOS devices during CES while the world is watching. but then again webOS 2.0 was originally slated for this fall. and that was a legit thing.
    hmm..who knows?
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Engaget just posted a few minutes ago tha the Palm P102 just hit the FCC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    I'm pretty sure the next devices will be P200 Series. The P102 is most likely the Palm Pre Plus for Europe.
    Sprint Palm 2 - Developer Mode - 2.1.0
    I'm pretty sure the next devices will be P200 Series. The P102 is most likely the Palm Pre Plus for Europe.
    I guess you weren't around, but this has been discussed many, many times by Rod Whitby and others. P102 isn't the Plus.
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Oh boy...and this is based your great knowledge of Palm/HP's roadmap....
    holy toledo
    most users on here are sucky brats. Seriously.

Nothing will ever be good enough for anyone on here. A few weeks ago everyone was complaining saying "OMG give me at least a release date"... and here you have only a RUMOUR from someone from europe which is not even an official statement from the company about potential release dates and it's STILL not good enough. my god.

If anything, it would be SMART for Palm/HP to wait until CES. Like you, people in the industry are waiting for new hardware or any form of new information on what they are brewing in their labs. this builds something we call curiosity and tension. CES is one of the most widely known tech conferences for mobile communication. Why release a device just so some bratty complainers can get their hands on it for xmas? Makes no sense for the small population that we are. Release a family of devices all integrated to create a great ecosystem while the whole tech world is watching and make a huge "i'm back" splash? Yeah, sounds more feasible.
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast