Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    I been sayin it, I told you, I been saying it for years. An't I been sayin it? CES is where the magic will happen, followed by a release shortly there after (withen a month).

Least its happening. As I have said, after CES will determine what happens.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eggroks View Post
    soo all the bs rumors meant ****!....PALM SUCKS!.(yes a backlash)...so basically they saying they wont release new phones until june 06 2011?
    That is so true and I am sure that this will happen again. They first announced webOS and the Pre at CES 2009 but we didn't see it until June of 2009. If they do announce it at CES 2011, you will probably see it released around the same time. Look how they promised us Flash and everything else? You watch...webOS 2.0 won't come out until middle to the end of Dec. Palm likes to push the envelope and leave people hanging. Meanwhile, they are getting killed in the market share. Look at the report yesterday. Not looking good for Palm even with webOS and new devices coming out next year. Too little, too late.

Android is number one OS among US phone buyers over the last six months -- Engadget
    Sprint Phones owned since Fall of 2001: Samsung I300, Samsung I330, Samsung I500, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Centro, 800w, Palm Pre, Samsung Epic and now the HTC 3D EVO.
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Again, HP's market is bigger than just US! They are already non existent in other markets, so this will be approached by HP as a newcomer in the market anyway...

The only thing that they might consider to keep the few webOS users in the US waiting and not jumping ship are a few staged leaks of new smartphones and the palmpad. I know this is just wishfull thinking
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    WrlsFanatic, 6 hrs standby means your pre is not normal. Webos pauses all pdk games so they don't run in the background. See the various battery saving threads to find a fix.
    doesnt bother me....my wife got an evo and android blows...so im fine waiting a couple months.

think i'll wait til mid nov. to set the overclock from 800 to 1000....that should tie me over til january
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    I and my family own 3 Sprint Pre phones that each are better than the day we got them. Operating systems have improved, and will continue to improve, giving a better and the same platform to my "plus-less" Pre as new devices that come out whenever they come out. The homebrew community has continuously added enhancements over time and no doubt will, again enhanceing my "ancient" Sprint Pre along with new hardware.

A platform + hardware by the same company is the ideal plan which makes all this possible.

I will be happy to yet again improve all our phones with webOS 2.0 gaining significant functionality.

I will then welcome the new hardware on Sprint when it arrives, having NOT had to wait in the mean time to have better and better webOS experiences.
    Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post
    This sounds to me as a HUGE product launch on CES2011, and a very high profile marketing campaing introducing webOS.

--Sent using Tap@Talk for webOS
    --Sent using Tap@Talk for webOS

Where did you get tap@talk for webos?
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
    Fine by me, my FrankenPre Plus can hold me till then.

I see this as a better thing, it's quite possible that they are holding until they can actually launch it and not announce then wait until the June-August to release the damn thing. Here for one hoping it'll be one proper global launch and not that lame Sprint one. Although they did improve with the Pre Plus.

But now the question I have on mind, will these phones be branded HP or Palm?
    Last edited by ToniCipriani; 10/06/2010 at 08:17 AM.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    I still am apt to believe that a phone is coming this month or next month for the holiday season . Call me gullible if you want but I will keep the faith anyways . I'll go down with the ship !
    I hope you are right. Personally I think it's more important for them to get 2.0 out so the developers can leverage that before new phones and remove some of the obvious issues that hurt the Pre - like no voice dialing, voice search, etc.

Getting the user base using and showing off 2.0 will help to build buzz for hardware. hopefully they will also ship the hardware at announcement whether it's for holiday shopping or CES. shipping 6 months after announcement would be a huge mistake.
    Quote Originally Posted by chad783 View Post
    That is so true and I am sure that this will happen again. They first announced webOS and the Pre at CES 2009 but we didn't see it until June of 2009. If they do announce it at CES 2011, you will probably see it released around the same time. Look how they promised us Flash and everything else? You watch...webOS 2.0 won't come out until middle to the end of Dec. Palm likes to push the envelope and leave people hanging. Meanwhile, they are getting killed in the market share. Look at the report yesterday. Not looking good for Palm even with webOS and new devices coming out next year. Too little, too late.

Android is number one OS among US phone buyers over the last six months -- Engadget
    You completely ignored the fact that the Pre Plus was announced in CES January 2010 and was available the same month.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    You completely ignored the fact that the Pre Plus was announced in CES January 2010 and was available the same month.
    yep, which was much better than how it went with the original Pre. unfortunately Verizon had already sold their soul to google and the launch was a dud (except for busy moms).
    Quote Originally Posted by WrlsFanatic View Post
    Are you implying that somehow the Pre Plus - a phone that is basically identical except for storage and the lack of a button - is so much better that Verizon and AT&T users can just laugh at how awful the Pre is? I'll just say that I hope you're not that misguided.

HP-Palm will release maybe 2 or 3 devices next year, TOPS. I know that for a fact. Sorry to burst your bubble."

"I was able to trial an EVO and an Epic over the last few days, and if you think that webOS is so much better that everyone will regret their purchases, you're mistaken. I LOVE webOS, but Android isn't so much worse that I can't handle it. There are a few major differences:

1) Gestures - Everything on my Pre is a gesture, and while that's kind of sleek, it's not necessary. Plus, since my Pre frequently won't register my "swipe to delete" gestures, I actually prefer the "hold and press" function in Android because it works 100% of the time.

2) Multitasking - I honestly think that saying that Android multitasks is a bit off. It doesn't TRULY multitask, it just saves your spot in an app so that if you switch back to it, you won't lose much. However, it doesn't truly leave the app running. For example, if you open Angry Birds and then switch to your e-mail, you have to completely start Angry Birds up again when you go back simply because it isn't capable of opening from scratch back to your previous spot, and Android is actually closing the app, not leaving it running like the Pre does. I believe this causes the god-awful battery life issues that the Pre has. My Pre's battery lasts me maybe 6 hours of standby. STANDBY.

3) Homebrew - Sure, I missed all the great customizations people have built into the Pre, but Android's huge app store and all the great widgets help to close that gap. Plus, ROMs are fantastic, and while they're harder to switch back and forth from than a homebrew patch, they provide that kind of functionality where the customizations are built into the OS itself.

I'll miss webOS a little, but I WON'T miss my Pre.
    Ummm- no. I didnt say the original pre is awful, and no one's laughing. the original sprint pre users are mainly why precentral has been such a thriving community. they've been thru it all. I've never owned the original pre. but all you have to do is peruse these forums daily, for the past year, and you will hear how so many sprint users have gone thru 13 devices and are eagerly anticipating a new webOS device mainly because of that. Additionally, the general gist of the forums is that the pre plus's have a better build quality than the original pre. and you forgot to mention, they also have double the memory!

re: your "fact" FACT? really? where are your sources? and trust me, if they release "only" 2-3 devices next year, ALL of us will be THRILLED.

re: android, though I will admit I am a palm-fanatic, I'm also not so blind to other platforms. I owned a windows mobile device in the past, and it was fine. I added SPB mobile shell, and bam, that was basically android without the apps and top notch hardware. when my wife was due for an upgrade, I encouraged her to get an android device- we tried the incredible- dropped calls, bluetooth did not work. she switched to the droid 2- heavy, buggy as all hell, wifi doesnt work, clunky motoblur interface, etc. they are both nice in terms of hardware, have more apps...but it just doesnt work for me...and given how most on this site have grown accustomed to webOS, including patches and modifications galore, I think many will agree with me, the webOS user experience is just un-matched.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    I'm disappointed but my current Pre is working great. With a Q1 release at least we should be getting the latest and greatest hardware. My biggest complaint is that they HPalm will miss the holiday season and that I will have to pony up the cash for a new phone myself instead of getting it for Christmas.
    I Knew my Pre diction was right when I said Palm will come out with a new phone after CES and by the time it comes out I could buy an Evo and a year later palm will have a new phone...glad I didn't wait in Jun. Anyway while everyones waiting Motorola just made a Pre of its own called the Spice.

http://mediacenter.motorola.com/Fact...heet-3448.aspx
    Last edited by kinster02; 10/06/2010 at 08:37 AM.
    IDK, what kind of event was this? Global? Could he have meant that Europe would see new phones early 2011? Which could still leave it open in other markets. I'm not trying to view this through rose tinted glasses, just that this was my first thought when I saw "BARCELONA" and time it came through. Wasn't the first Palm US release in June of 2009 followed by a later release of phones in Europe (I'm thinking October-ish)?
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    IDK, what kind of event was this? Global? Could he have meant that Europe would see new phones early 2011? Which could still leave it open in other markets. I'm not trying to view this through rose tinted glasses, just that this was my first thought when I saw "BARCELONA" and time it came through. Wasn't the first Palm US release in June of 2009 followed by a later release of phones in Europe (I'm thinking October-ish)?
    Trying to keep that fire burning eh?
    <<Threads Merged>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    I heard or read a report,,83 percent of people in the country do NOT have a smartphone,,,,i think hp/palm will be just fine.
    As long as it's in Canada by August 2011, I'll be happy.
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
    Sprint customers still got the 2009 orginal pre.. I think it's time to complain.. It's been 5 months since June and I could of had the EVO.. I don't want to get rid off all the apps I brought but my phone is falling apart!
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast