Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    I am sticking with my Pre Plus until the contract runs out or the phone does!
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    Quote Originally Posted by spud101 View Post
    Please also consider that the world is bigger than US. I know, for some US people that's hard to imagine, but that is the playground HP is playing. Palm was still very US oriented (Pre & Pixie only available in a couple of European countries).
    Thank you.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    I still am apt to believe that a phone is coming this month or next month for the holiday season . Call me gullible if you want but I will keep the faith anyways . I'll go down with the ship !
    I think they (Palm – HP) will release webOS 2.0 before Christmas to try to keep interest on the existing phone line and then release the next generation Smartphones at CES2011 in January. They could leak enough info on new devices before Christmas to hold people over the holidays so the excitement will peek at CES.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    Quote Originally Posted by spud101 View Post
    People, it was obvious a long time already that CES would probably be the first moment that new hardware will be presented....

Please also consider that the world is bigger than US. I know, for some US people that's hard to imagine, but that is the playground HP is playing. Palm was still very US oriented (Pre & Pixie only available in a couple of European countries).

Palm is virtually unknown in the rest of the world. So there is no use what so ever to rush a new device out. It's better to pick the right moment, announce something big to get noticed, and make it available worldwide a few weeks after

Getting this ready worldwide does take time, think for example about the app catalog and the support for paid apps everywhere.
    I'm with you. Althought I would love to see something new before christmas, I think CES is the better place to introduce new hardware. Another Pixi-esque launch doesn't benefit to anyone, except that people that wants to buy a Palm phone before christmas.

A huge launch at CES, with different form factors, and different price tags, will allow HP to say: Hey, we are here to stay.

--Sent using Tap@Talk for webOS
    Newness Developments apps:

This must be why J Rube seemed fustrated since he may have wanted to push for releases this year.

I would guess that may have been the plan, then things change to next year, maybe back to this year, now its a lock for next year.
    Fine with me. Take the time to integrate everything and GET IT ALL RIGHT!!

My Sprint Pre is terrific with the homebrew help. Were it not for that community, I may be a little less patient. But, with their help, I am perfectly happy with my phone.

I am not a gamer, so I can't speak to that issue. I'd rather HP release a truly exciting and well built device than just another device because it is "about time".
    Quote Originally Posted by rlee2001 View Post
    Fine with me. Take the time to integrate everything and GET IT ALL RIGHT!!

My Sprint Pre is terrific with the homebrew help. Were it not for that community, I may be a little less patient. But, with their help, I am perfectly happy with my phone.

I am not a gamer, so I can't speak to that issue. I'd rather HP release a truly exciting and well built device than just another device because it is "about time".
    Agreed wholeheartedly. It's much more important that they do it right than it is for them to do it now. A huge showing at CES with a serious marketing campaign and devices available shortly thereafter will make a very big splash.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    HOW early? I will be willing to wait another couple months for a new webOS phone. I'm eligible for upgrade in november but I REALLY want a webOS phone. I love it so much I can stand to wait just a bit longer to have it. I just hope all the waiting will be worth it.
    i aint goin nowheres ! ! ! simple ill wait
    what is early?
    yup so the wait is on, and to me with them deciding to wait until next year, im assuming we will be getting a device with superior specs, and a OS that has no hiccups. No excuses this time at all.
    who made this "official"?......
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    wow, good thing this was released at 4:30 am.

the wrath of sprint pre owners will be starting soon.

"i'm jumping ship to android," they will all scream and yell.

meanwhile, most vzw and att users, and others worldwide, will continue to enjoy our pre plus devices, eagerly awaiting when we are due for an upgrade and watching from the sidelines, hoping hp/palm will pull all the right strings this time around. we will be hoping that as a result, the app catalog and media attention to our platform grows.
    Are you implying that somehow the Pre Plus - a phone that is basically identical except for storage and the lack of a button - is so much better that Verizon and AT&T users can just laugh at how awful the Pre is? I'll just say that I hope you're not that misguided.

I honestly feel that hp palm will be releasing a slew of new devices next year, in many form factors, and that 2011 will be a great year...it will all start at CES 2011. Those that stick around can enjoy webOS 2.0.
    HP-Palm will release maybe 2 or 3 devices next year, TOPS. I know that for a fact. Sorry to burst your bubble.

If despite this, sprint users insist on running to android, though it will hurt hp palm in the short term, I think it will hurt those customers that leave more. android is a powerful platform, nice form factors and apps and all, but the fragmentation, brief life of each device, loss of privacy to google, and just overall user interface will drive each of you nuts...i am pretty sure, most will come back.
    I was able to trial an EVO and an Epic over the last few days, and if you think that webOS is so much better that everyone will regret their purchases, you're mistaken. I LOVE webOS, but Android isn't so much worse that I can't handle it. There are a few major differences:

1) Gestures - Everything on my Pre is a gesture, and while that's kind of sleek, it's not necessary. Plus, since my Pre frequently won't register my "swipe to delete" gestures, I actually prefer the "hold and press" function in Android because it works 100% of the time.

2) Multitasking - I honestly think that saying that Android multitasks is a bit off. It doesn't TRULY multitask, it just saves your spot in an app so that if you switch back to it, you won't lose much. However, it doesn't truly leave the app running. For example, if you open Angry Birds and then switch to your e-mail, you have to completely start Angry Birds up again when you go back simply because it isn't capable of opening from scratch back to your previous spot, and Android is actually closing the app, not leaving it running like the Pre does. I believe this causes the god-awful battery life issues that the Pre has. My Pre's battery lasts me maybe 6 hours of standby. STANDBY.

3) Homebrew - Sure, I missed all the great customizations people have built into the Pre, but Android's huge app store and all the great widgets help to close that gap. Plus, ROMs are fantastic, and while they're harder to switch back and forth from than a homebrew patch, they provide that kind of functionality where the customizations are built into the OS itself.

I'll miss webOS a little, but I WON'T miss my Pre.
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Let's keep it to one thread shall we? http://forums.precentral.net/future-...ly-2011-a.html
    reuters. I just read it on my engadget app
    soo all the bs rumors meant ****!....PALM SUCKS!.(yes a backlash)...so basically they saying they wont release new phones until june 06 2011?
    Sweet.. lets hope it was worth the wait. o_O
    <<merged threads>>
    I'm also going to add here that I TOLD YOU ALL that there wouldn't be a new phone this year. Next time, you should all listen.
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast