Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Well I am always on this site and love being a part of this community (sprint pixi owner) but infrequently post

Well anyway, I travel often or at least try to as much as possible, and I really enjoy taking pictures, if there is anything I really would like to see in the next Palm device is a much improved camera function, maybe a way to organize photos and videos by trips or dates, maybe make folders and a way to easily upload to social networks, I cannot believe how difficult it is to even open the camera on the Palm Pixi! If I need a quick snapshot lately I have just not even bothered just because I feel its not worth the hassle. I actually am not a real big fan of carrying more than one device at a time, so I feel as though more attention to pictures, editing, and camera pixels, slideshows, etc. would be a great seller for the future devices! Anyone have any thoughts?

Abdiel-David
    My wishes:

- Digital 5x zoom (Of course, pinch to zoom)
    - Allow flash on video natively (I am aware of the patch, this is one of those that should be included in webOS 2.0)
    - One same app for Photos and Videos (Call it "Media" if you want).
    - More options for video editing.
    - A basic photo edition ( Change rotation, crop, etc.)
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    you can easily upload to social sites
    Autofocus!!!
    I just want optical zoom instead of digital
    Quote Originally Posted by AbdielRN View Post
    I cannot believe how difficult it is to even open the camera on the Palm Pixi! If I need a quick snapshot lately I have just not even bothered just because I feel its not worth the hassle.[/B]

Abdiel-David
    Uh, it's hard to click an icon in the middle launcher page? At worst it's 1 swipe and a tap?? You could also move the camera icon to the launcher bar (where mine is) and it is always at the ready.

As for uploading, natively webOS supports email, sms, facebook, and photobucket. There are 4 or 5 apps in the catalog that let you upload to almost anywhere that allows uploads and some allow simultaneous uploads to all of them in one action.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Cobra I meant the amount of time it takes to launch the camera from the moment you tap on the icon, I once clocked it at 11 seconds I was so irritated, and I agree with the optical zoom as well as the photo edition those would be awesome!
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    also, if you "just type" 'cam' a button pops up to open the camera.

on point though, I want autofocus. I love what we know about webOS 2.0, but all I need is autofocus. And a 'media' app would be nice for pics video
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AbdielRN View Post
    Cobra I meant the amount of time it takes to launch the camera from the moment you tap on the icon, I once clocked it at 11 seconds I was so irritated, and I agree with the optical zoom as well as the photo edition those would be awesome!
    Wow--11 seconds?! I just checked mine & it was ready in less than 2 seconds. 11 seconds would be annoying to me, too.
    My pre was having a VERY laggy camera some time in the spring. Like some times it would be 3 seconds...sometimes up to 10...or sometimes just stay grey.

Weird issue. But yes, after owning an Evo, the next webos device MUST have an auto focus camera.